World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Italy has been a surprise team thus far for sure, don't know if they get past Holland/Japan though.

Netherlands is a super team, no way.

(Edit, and to build on it: If Japan can beat Netherlands, no way Italy can beat them, either.)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This is a fast paced start.

Japan dealing with the high press pretty well actually.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Too bad Martens is nowhere near the player she was in 2017...they switch the play so nicely.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Fun game so far! Excited for the United State to play again!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Roman Fell

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands have been all over Japan...deserved goal for the Oranje ladies. This has been pretty dominant so far; it's an encouraging performance.

Sep 19, 2008
Fun game so far! Excited for the United State to play again!

giphy.gif

i respect greatness and dominance and I love my country

if it were up to me the US would win or be in the finals of every WWC. There is just something special about the USWNT games that you can't have for the NED JPN game. I mean it's good I'm watching now but I have no ties or bias. I'm just a neutral party.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
i respect greatness and dominance and I love my country

if it were up to me the US would win or be in the finals of every WWC. There is just something special about the USWNT games that you can't have for the NED JPN game. I mean it's good I'm watching now but I have no ties or bias. I'm just a neutral party.

I enjoy the shitstorm that comes with it. Not sure if it has more to do with people disliking the US or because the US is so good, but I enjoy it very much.

Reactions: Roman Fell

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This Japanese keeper is really alert. There've been a few really close balls over the top she's coming pretty far out to clear...and Japan after being under siege almost the entire half score a really nice goal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
...and Miedema misses what could almost be classified as an absolute sitter. Damn. How did she miss that one?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I enjoy the ****storm that comes with it. Not sure if it has more to do with people disliking the US or because the US is so good, but I enjoy it very much.

There is always going to be some fans that don't like the top team and some that don't the US in general but I think the majority of it comes from the obnoxiousness of the US team and their fans. I think it also doesn't help that many of the fans seem to be more fans of the US Women's team because they are good rather than actual soccer fans that is going to cause more traditional fans to get riled up more.

Reactions: TP

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
There is always going to be some fans that don't like the top team and some that don't the US in general but I think the majority of it comes from the obnoxiousness of the US team and their fans. I think it also doesn't help that many of the fans seem to be more fans of the US Women's team because they are good rather than actual soccer fans that is going to cause more traditional fans to get riled up more.

I understand that, sort of. But that's how it works when it comes to national teams. People who don't usually watch will start paying attention, especially if the team is good.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I understand that, sort of. But that's how it works when it comes to national teams. People who don't usually watch will start paying attention, especially if the team is good.

Sure but as you see in this thread there is a lot more than just supporting the team when it comes to the US women and a lot of chest thumping and over the top behaviour which is very unlikable. When that is also combined with an attitude of "its only soccer so who cares" when they lose which has happened in the past it is easy to see why they are so unlikable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad