2019 Entry Draft Thread Part XII

Choose Our 9 Picks For The 2019 NHL Draft (Here Or In The 2019's Official Habs Mock Draft Topic)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No, he's not close from being good enough to be picked #15.
Doesn't even fill a need, too inconsistent.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

Interesting. Byram is the obvious choice imo.

Man if Zegras and Caufield are considered as high as 3 - don't get me wrong, there's legitimate arguments for the 5 to 10 range - and it leads to a player like Boldy slipping past 10 or so, all options should be on the table to move up. Most likely just posturing by Chicago.

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man if Zegras and Caufield are considered as high as 3 - don't get me wrong, there's legitimate arguments for the 5 to 10 range - and it leads to a player like Boldy slipping past 10 or so, all options should be on the table to move up. Most likely just posturing by Chicago.
Personally, I feel like we should trade up for any of Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, Dach, Boldy, Newhook, Caufield, Krebs. Stay put for any of Podkolzin, Cozens, Zegras. Trade down accordingly to pick one of Broberg, Heinola, Dorofeyev, York, Seider, Soderstrom.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Just judging off interviews, seems as though Kaliev is viewed in that large second tier of forwards- which I guess shouldn’t be a surprise.

How do you guys rank the D after Byram? How many do you have in the next tier?
I think Broberg and Seider are the next two off the board. Soderstrom could go high too due to being an RD. Then I think you’ve got York, Heinola and Harley. Really hoping for a D run.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do you guys think of
- Jackson Lacombe
- Valdislav Firstov
- Nathan Légaré

For the 2nd round?

I can't say if Legare will be at 77th but would be very interested to get him there if he fell. At 50th I would think there would be better picks but I haven't paid a lot of attention to this draft.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know someone mentioned earlier that the habs interviewed Caufield does anyone have a full list of all the kids they interviewed?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I’d be very interested in seeing combine measurements.

Ryan Johnson (a defender in the USHL) was interviewed by all 31 teams, which is rare. Mete level skating and bigger (6’0). He’s a Timmins type of pick for the 2nd round.

Yea hes one of the best defensive dman in the draft and he has good physical attributes. Late 1st/early 2nd type player (could jump to midd 2nd if a team loves him) so it doesnt surprise me that everyone interviewed him.

This is a strong year for the Q and USA so i'd be disappointed if we dont hit this draft outta the park. Our american scouts are good and the Q is in our backyard..

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I can't say if Legare will be at 77th but would be very interested to get him there if he fell. At 50th I would think there would be better picks but I haven't paid a lot of attention to this draft.
I may be alone in my thinking, but I would easily use one of our second round picks to move up in what is shaping to be a very strong draft. While at 15, we should still be able to draft a good player, I believe most game changers will be gone by pick #10. I would have no hesitation in moving up to pick Broberg who I think in 5 years will emerge as being the top defencemen coming out this draft. And if you think that Broberg will be there at 15, you are engaging in a bit of wishful dreaming. If a deal can't be made, I would be very happy to stay where we are in the first round and pick Harley who has the speed and size that every team needs to compete in today's and tomorrow's NHL. But I'm starting to doubt that even Harley will be available at 15.

As for Lavoie, would we be even considering him at 15 if his name was Ralph Lawson? Let us hope that the team is not again seduced into 'reaching' for a local product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan