2019 Entry Draft Thread Part XII

Choose Our 9 Picks For The 2019 NHL Draft (Here Or In The 2019's Official Habs Mock Draft Topic)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
How many goals/points do you see Kaliyev doing next season in the OHL? And what about the following year assuming he would stay in the OHL?

boss10

Jun 19, 2010
What about Spencer Knight? I don't think Lindgren is the long term answer to price...price is 32 this year. We have restocked our D and FWD's the past few drafts. I think it's time to get more depth in that dept. besides Primeau.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
What about Spencer Knight? I don't think Lindgren is the long term answer to price...price is 32 this year. We have restocked our D and FWD's the past few drafts. I think it's time to get more depth in that dept. besides Primeau.
At #15 no. If he somehow drops to our pick in the 2nd then I'd definitely go for it. Primeau and McNiven isn't bad goaltending prospect depth.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
At #15 no. If he somehow drops to our pick in the 2nd then I'd definitely go for it. Primeau and McNiven isn't bad goaltending prospect depth.

I thought we might have learned a lesson by now about never selecting a goalie in the first round. Quality goalie prospects can be found anywhere, no need to reach for one with an early pick.

Reactions: G0bias and dralaf

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Goalie development to too hard to predict. Your goalie prospects are pretty good. Keep taking shots in the later rounds, no need to waste high picks imo

Reactions: Fenris and dralaf

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I thought we might have learned a lesson by now about never selecting a goalie in the first round. Quality goalie prospects can be found anywhere, no need to reach for one with an early pick.
Early to mid 2nd is where I think some of the top hole prospects should go (Hart, Demko...)

boss10

Jun 19, 2010
What lesson should we have learned? The last goalie I remember drafting in the first round was Price...not a bad pick. Along with Price...Vaslilevsky, Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider, Varlamov, Luongo were all firsts. If he is rated high on your board then he has to be in consideration.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I’d rather wait until next year and draft Askarov. I don’t know how if he’ll end up being a better goalie then Knight but he’d be my choice.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Only really special goalies should be drafted in the 1st. Price was very special. I dont think Knight is special.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Is Knight a generational goalie talent?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

There’s one goalie and 18 skaters. I’d rather focus on getting skaters. I agree that another good goalie in the pipeline wouldn’t hurt, but I don’t think using a 15th overall pick when you lack overall talent is smart.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Goalie should not be picked in first round in my opinion. With a good team a little above average goalie is enough. And someone can find such a goalie outside the first round.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Goalie should not be picked in first round in my opinion. With a good team a little above average goalie is enough. And someone can find such a goalie outside the first round.
And now imagine the same team with elite goaltending

Aka
Washington
TB
Pittsburgh
LA
Chicago
Boston

Or almost every single team that has won the cup in the past

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This whole conversation stems from basically my own agenda, I'm not a fan of teams picking G's or D's in the first round, Ive said so many times, but Price WAS a good pick. The guy is a legit HOF goaltender, there's jut no way around that.

Reactions: Corson27

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
The point is to do well in the playoffs we need a much better team in front of the goalie. Right now, that means puck moving defensemen, fast and skilled forwards ideally with some size. This is the priority before a goalie in the first round, again only my opinion.

And between defenseman or forward I think it is harder to find an elite forward so go with the forward in the first round if a good one is available.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm sure I'll get roasted but I'd still go with Pod. I'd be ecstatic either way though.
For me it's pretty tough. I think the Russian factor would have me leaning Newhook, but removing that from the equation I think I'd go with Pod as well, he just has more power to his game. It's funny a bit since these are likely the two forwards who could drop, yet if I was picking 6th in this draft, they'd still be the two guys I'd be choosing between. Boldy would be considered as well, but I just think these two have a bit more upside to be dynamic offensive players. Really, really hope we get one at 15.

Reactions: NoQuinn

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1.#1 Centre
2.#1 defenceman
3.#2 Centre
4.#2 Defenceman
5.#1 Goalie
6.#1 RW
7.#1 LW