2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Even moreso when he totally dominated the Slovaks in their first encounters.
If people are really bothered with how he does against junior aged competition, they only have to watch his U20s. Where he was stellar. (All his games are on YT)

There's a silver lining, as this just likely means he'll be among the many options when our time comes to pick, hopefully.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He's looked terrible at the u18s in general, especially defensively.
I'm glad you brought that up. In this tourny he has not lived up to the hype.

He’s not my favourite either but you can’t don’t one a guy because of one bad 1 week tournament
That's one way of looking at it. He had a bad week. Another way is that he was exposed by stiffer competition. Who knows the truth? That's why the scouts get paid the measly bucks, to make difficult decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Some of the hot takes in this thread based off a short tournament are disgusting.

That's one way of looking at it. He had a bad week. Another way is that he was exposed by stiffer competition. That's why the scouts get paid the measly bucks, to make difficult decisions.
Are we going to pretend that the u-18 is better competition than his play in Liiga or the WJC? He was excellent all year and had a rough tournament with a Finnish team that got completely dominated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Are we going to pretend that the u-18 is better competition than his play in Liiga or the WJC? He was excellent all year and had a rough tournament with a Finnish team that got completely dominated.
That's not what I said. I presented two ways of looking at what has happened. I didn't state which one I thought was the case. I don't consider myself a scout.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's one way of looking at it. He had a bad week. Another way is that he was exposed by stiffer competition. Who knows the truth? That's why the scouts get paid the measly bucks, to make difficult decisions.
Stiffer competition??? He was literally the best player on the ice in the liiga playoffs :laugh: Jesus christ.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
If Podkolzin falls to 15, you pick him and you run out of the building.

Anybody remember how Tarasenko was ranked prior to his draft? Was he ever considered top 3-5 but actually fell to 16.

I know KHL threat was peaking back then..
Or MB/TT don’t assume they are smarter than all those other GMs/scouts that are passing

Very underwhelming tourney against his peers so far while a bunch of others have stepped up could push him out

I’d rather take someone rising than someone dropping like a rock

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Stiffer competition??? He was literally the best player on the ice in the liiga playoffs :laugh: Jesus christ.

Mrb1p....making excuses for Heinola's
average play.... he's another Olli Matta and Joelivi...just accept it.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Or MB/TT don’t assume they are smarter than all those other GMs/scouts that are passing

Very underwhelming tourney against his peers so far while a bunch of others have stepped up could push him out

I’d rather take someone rising than someone dropping like a rock

Agreed... remember Sebastian Colberg....ranked 11th....he fell like a rock...we picked him as a early second rounder....big mistake...he nevera amounted to anything.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Now people wouldn't take POD at fifteen because of one tournament......:huh: wtf is happening right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad