2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
I know you guys don't really like drafting goalies (especially round 1-2), but what do you guys think of Colten Ellis. I'm from Rimouski so I saw him quite a few times a he is SOOOOOOOO calm, it's insane. His technique is really really good and he seems to be consistent. I really liked what I saw and would be inclined to draft him past 2nd round. Thoughts ?

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know you guys don't really like drafting goalies (especially round 1-2), but what do you guys think of Colten Ellis. I'm from Rimouski so I saw him quite a few times a he is SOOOOOOOO calm, it's insane. His technique is really really good and he seems to be consistent. I really really like what I saw and would be inclined to draft him past 2nd round. Thoughts ?

He's good. I like him and Maier (who's gotten shafted in rankings). Hlavaj is my favorite this draft though.

I'm not drafting a goalie in the top 62. It pains me to say that as a goalie but the development is too wild.

Reactions: philipsson

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Going by Bob Mckenzie's mid-season rankings. Who would be good fit here and still on the board around 20th? McKenzie has Caufield at 18? The diminitive sniper from USD. Habs need goal scoring. Harley at 22 be good fit here? We need D and he is offensively mobile. Newhook at 20? The scoring center from BCJH. Leason at 25? A late bloomer but size and offense. It often takes tall guys longer to mature and he is having tremendous season. He could be here the quickest.

Robertson he has at 16 now, doubt will be available when we draft. Turcotte also has moved up. He won't be there when we draft.

Vlasic I would avoid. Game is evolving away from this type of player. We need offense from our D, he's another Tinordi. Knight also avoid, can find good netminding late in draft, Primeau be an example.
I'd have to think if Newhook is actually still there for our pick if it's in the 20's that Timmins laughs his way off the stage because Newhook would be such a steal at that point imo

Reactions: covfefe

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I know you guys don't really like drafting goalies (especially round 1-2), but what do you guys think of Colten Ellis. I'm from Rimouski so I saw him quite a few times a he is SOOOOOOOO calm, it's insane. His technique is really really good and he seems to be consistent. I really liked what I saw and would be inclined to draft him past 2nd round. Thoughts ?
I really like Ellis and Wolf and considering the drop off of talent that I personally feel comes after the top ~75, I would start looking at them in the 3rd round.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd have to think if Newhook is actually still there for our pick if it's in the 20's that Timmins laughs his way off the stage because Newhook would be such a steal at that point imo
Would he? Look at jost before setting expectations too high

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Oh, Ive seen enough of Dorofeyev to know hes awesome and hes a great pick past 10 or so, I dont mind. Is it his first game there?

No, he's played mostly in the K since late November, early Decemberish. He's already scored his first goal, which was quite a beauty. He reminds me a lot of Svechnikov.

Reactions: Mrb1p

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
It's really mainly just Dorofeyev who's worth catching games in the KHL, Podkolzin is barely getting over 3 minutes.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, he's played mostly in the K since late November, early Decemberish. He's already scored his first goal, which was quite a beauty. He reminds me a lot of Svechnikov.
Damn, he does have 20 games in the K already! Are you aware of his playing time so far in there ? Aside from last game. I don't like it when players stay in the KHL that long... It did work for Vitali, but he's a man-child.

Edit: Took a look at his prospect thread and it seems like he's getting the shaft minutes-wise.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There was a facebook group that had full replays up couple weeks ago. Otherwise there's this russian torrent site that uploads them daily.

tenor.gif

Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad