2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Is that Draft analysis ?

Guy had Cirelli ahead of Kotkaniemi in his rankings

Jesus I just looked... Podkolzin at 2, Newhook at four, Dach and Cozens at 9 and 10....
what was is final ranking last year?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How can someone be that delusional to think dach and cozens will go 9 and 10
Kournianos seems to just BS a lot. His rankings are always ridiculous.

This summer, he had Kotkaniemi as the 37th best prospect in hockey, ahead of him were notoriously good prospects like Alex Nedjowhathisname, Vilardi, Kravtosov, Glass, Demko, Sorokin, Hughes, Smith, Tkachuk, VELENO, Borgstrom, Kostin, NIKU, Chytil, Farabee, ANTHONY f***ING CIRELLI, Samsonov, Thomas, Donato, Strome, Zadina, Timmins, Tolvanen.

He had Tampa Bay as the 7th best team prospect wise... With Cirelli as the top prospect, and the Flyers @ 2, ahead of the Canucks, Avs, Habs, etc.

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Noticed that Sportsnet November rankings has Broberg at 13th. What's wrong with this big guy that can skate?

Broberg, Kaliyev, Suzuki are my targets ... If the Habs finish in the bottom 10-15 range.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess his hockey IQ

His feet move too fast for his Brain? If he can be an offensive type I am all over him. Big defenseman who can skate and has skills? I'll buy some of that.

4 assist in 15 Allsvenskan games so far. His age is similar to Kotkaniemi where he only turns 18 in June of 2019. Should be interesting to watch his rankings if he improves as the season goes along like Kotkaniemi did.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How can someone be that delusional to think dach and cozens will go 9 and 10

I was shocked to see both Dobson and Wahlstrom available at 11/12 for the Islanders. I had both of them in my top 6.

Wahlstrom not off to a good start in the NCAA though... 1 goal in 6 games.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Alex Turcottes grandfather still comes to do stickhandling linics at the Y. It would be pretty cool if we drafted him.

Reactions: Mrb1p

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Broberg at 32 lol

Not just Broberg, Kokkonen (45?), Lassi Thomson, Seider, Korczak, Harley, are some pretty good D he has in the 2nd round.

It looks like a strong Russian draft, so we better have scouts out there watching them.

Czech Michal Tepley, right shooting LW, has a really nice release from what I've seen and it's heavy, he has good size too. He's rated anywhere from late 1st to 3rd round.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
This is where Bergevin should atleast acquire first round picks, from anyone; but if he tries to do that at draft is going to be a mistake cause he's afraid of doing it all and he failed that miserably last years draft. Sell high like Buffalo did, they have three first rounders, their own and one from blues and sharks.

I'm hoping Bergevin gets fired

Reactions: Doublelift

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'd almost put money down he doesn't trade Petry. Even if we're in the basement. There's no one else aside Weber who can play top minutes and the last thing Mete and Juulsen need is even more ice time. That 1st is gonna have to come from Tatar only, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd almost put money down he doesn't trade Petry. Even if we're in the basement. There's no one else aside Weber who can play top minutes and the last thing Mete and Juulsen need is even more ice time. That 1st is gonna have to come from Tatar only, unfortunately.
He wont trade Tatar either.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byron wasnt getting us a first anyway.

Room will have to be made eventually at RD and on the wing, so maybe theres a chance.

Depends where he is in the goal column before the deadline. If it is close to 15-18, it might be a late 1st. Consistent, signed, 20 goals scorers with great 2-way play are rare.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Depends where he is in the goal column before the deadline. If it is close to 15-18, it might be a late 1st. Consistent, signed, 20 goals scorers with great 2-way play are rare.

Two 2nd would be good.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Not seeing either the 4 nations or 5 nations on hockeytv.

Anyone know if an official site will have it archived ?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
You guys been following up on the EU prospects? Who are some good LDs or centers? Any good under the radar LDs for our 2nd rounders?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You guys been following up on the EU prospects? Who are some good LDs or centers? Any good under the radar LDs for our 2nd rounders?
Mironov, Bjornfoot, Kokkonen, Saarela, Mysiul, Knyazev, Nikkanen... but thats from what Ive seen so far... the first three are most likely going on the 20-40 range, IMO.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The 4 and 5 nations have a few of then. On Finland, theres Heinola and Kokkonen.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yea i know the big names like Kokkonen/Broberg/Bjornfoot but i dunno any of the good potential sleepers.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know next years draft is always the greatest draft ever, but is it just me or does the shine seem to be coming off of next years draft now that sample sizes have grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad