NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I wouldn't worry about targetting a rhd so quick in the draft - get the best prospect, and we also just lost 40+% of our offense.

We really need to target vets to play with Chabot and Brannstrom. Apparently Larsson almost got dealt at the deadline, I'd try to make a trade for him. Plus theres some good options in FA, although we might not attract anybody.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't worry about targetting a rhd so quick in the draft - get the best prospect, and we also just lost 40+% of our offense.

We really need to target vets to play with Chabot and Brannstrom. Apparently Larsson almost got dealt at the deadline, I'd try to make a trade for him. Plus theres some good options in FA, although we might not attract anybody.

We can do both!

Best player available in the first round (and possibly the second), then focus on positional needs afterwards.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We can do both!

Best player available in the first round (and possibly the second), then focus on positional needs afterwards.

Yeah exactly

I just think, with regards to our need of a RHD, we need to target a vet that's fits with the youth on a pairing ala Methot to Karlsson

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
I want a RHD... The ones in our draft range in the first round..

Moritz Sieder
Antonnni Honka
Victor Soderstrom

Anyone know anything about these guys?

Haven't watched much of Honka and Soderstrom, but I'm all aboard the Seider train. Playing in the German league as a 17 year old is extremely impressive. He's looked terrific for Germany internationally. He's big and strong as f***, skates well for his size, very smart. Not the most offensive upside, but I don't think we need that with our current crop of D prospects.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
But think about it this way. If our 2017 draft pick was doing as good as Brett Leason is right now we'd all be ecstatic. Hell he is producing as well as Cody Glass who was a high pick and is one of the top prospects in the league.

I think he projects well to be an Alex Tuch type and thats a fine pick to make in the first.
Yeah, I haven’t watched him but maybe he’ll be worth the risk, depends who’s available but a big RW is needed in this organization.

I don’t really like this drafts depth, 2020 is going to be fantastic and we have five picks in the first two rounds.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Imagine:

April 6th, Columbus needs a win against us to make the playoffs. The Sens, despite getting severely outshot, come together and defeat the BJs with seconds left in the third. Columbus is now out of the playoffs.

We are excited. The Sens now have the 15th pick and fans have begun scouting mid round prospects that we believe will make up for some of the sourness that went along with the Duchene trade.

It’s time for the draft lottery, it’s finally here. Hfers are playfully arguing over which future A+ prospect the Sens scouting staff will select, and for once there seems to be a glimmer of hope in what has been a dark, soulless pit of pessimism. Bill Daly steps up to the podium. “The 15th pick of the 2019 draft belongs to (flips card), the Dallas Stars!”.

Reactions: 18Hossa

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
It’s time for the draft lottery, it’s finally here. Hfers are playfully arguing over which future A+ prospect the Sens scouting staff will select, and for once there seems to be a glimmer of hope in what has been a dark, soulless pit of pessimism. Bill Daly steps up to the podium. “The 15th pick of the 2019 draft belongs to (flips card), the Dallas Stars!”.
The pick is top three protected.

Reactions: Senscore

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I want a RHD... The ones in our draft range in the first round..

Moritz Sieder
Antonnni Honka
Victor Soderstrom

Anyone know anything about these guys?

if they're the best prospect avgailable then sure.. we need help everywhere.. I don't trust brown and white enough to be like " oh theres this sweet center available, nah gonna go with a d man"

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
if they're the best prospect avgailable then sure.. we need help everywhere.. I don't trust brown and white enough to be like " oh theres this sweet center available, nah gonna go with a d man"

Definitely you pick the best player available, there just happen to be a couple of very good RD around where we will be picking. That doesnt mean we take either of them ahead of Bowen Byram if he is somehow available when we pick, though
I think Ceci will be dealt at the draft. There’s no way he re-signs a long term deal with us.

So in tern I wonder if we will parlay Ceci+Florida 2nd for a late mid 1st.

This would be an interesting possibility (could even use our 2nd instead of Floridas)... too bad we dont know which teams were interested

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Ceci will be dealt at the draft. There’s no way he re-signs a long term deal with us.

So in tern I wonder if we will parlay Ceci+Florida 2nd for a late mid 1st.
What team that will be picking late in the 1st can afford Ceci at 4.35M? I doubt he will be traded at this point. More than likely he is headed to UFA status in July.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
What team that will be picking late in the 1st can afford Ceci at 4.35M? I doubt he will be traded at this point. More than likely he is headed to UFA status in July.
Agreed. Ceci as a pending RFA whose post deadline cap hit was like 1.5 mil, was worth so much more than him at 4.35M at one year, because he either plays good for you and you resign him or you let him walk to UFA and you just paid for a rental. No playoff team wants Ceci at his minimum qualification.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would like the sens to dip into the BCHL again in the 3rd-5th round this year.

Layton Ahac and Jeremie Bucheler would be guys that should very much interest the Sens.

Watched Bucheler a lot in midget and and then a lot this past year in Victoria. Would be a very good mid round overaged pick.

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Columbus is totally going to miss the playoffs and subsequently win a lottery pick, that is how the rest of this awful season is going to go for us.

I can feel it.

Reactions: topshelf15

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Columbus is totally going to miss the playoffs and subsequently win a lottery pick, that is how the rest of this awful season is going to go for us.

I can feel it.
For peak pain, our pick will win the lottery, Avs miss the playoffs and win the lottery, and Columbus misses and wins as well.

Reactions: Sensators

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I can feel it.

Realistically I think that would work in our favour. This would mean we'd get their first round pick next year, unprotected. With a whole lot of free agents unlikely to return they could very well be in a worse spot next year, given us another legit lottery shot.

Reactions: Riceroni

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
For peak pain, our pick will win the lottery, Avs miss the playoffs and win the lottery, and Columbus misses and wins as well.

I’m happy I didn’t post this to jynx it first, but it’s looking pretty likely Colorado will have two tickets to the lottery this off season.

Would be so messed up to see them with two picks in the top 3/5 range. Those two players plus Rantanen, MacKinnon, Makar? Gross. That’s almost dynastic.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
my dream scenario here is kaliyev falling to columbus' pick who either barely miss or get bounced in the first round.
Apparently not ranked in the 1st by a lot of scouts

Wouldn't really be falling, he's ranked lower in a lot of rankings.

TSN's are the only ones I can see where he's not ranked lower than ~15

Last edited:

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Apparently not ranked in the 1st by a lot of scouts

Wouldn't really be falling, he's ranked lower in a lot of rankings.

TSN's are the only ones I can see where he's not ranked lower than ~15
If he's somehow there when our 2nd round pick is on the board we need to take him 100%.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If he's somehow there when our 2nd round pick is on the board we need to take him 100%.
I fully expect him to be gone in the 13-20 range, it's just that he's ranked much lower than what his stats say he should be, and that there is no consensus on him being a top half 1st pick.

31st in ISS
Not ranked in 1st in HockeyProspect
28th by Future Considerations
17th by McKeens
11th NA skater
9th Buttons
11th TSN

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
my dream scenario here is kaliyev falling to columbus' pick who either barely miss or get bounced in the first round.
There was a gif or clip of his yesterday and man, that guy can CHECK OUT of a shift jeez. Like someone’s controller got disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia