NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Mark Kastelic from Calgary Hitmen. Seems a lot like the Zack Smith pick years ago. He’ll step in to play for Belleville this coming season and may see some big league games too.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Dorion is the Col. Sanders of drafting...apparently he has his own secret recipe (so just ignore all of the consensus ranking by that Bozo BobMc, and go right off the board whenever the mood strikes..).

Mmmmm...that crispy chicken is tasty!

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kastelic 6'4 213 RW scored 47 goals in 66 games... Intriguing pick doubled his goals from a year ago. Team Captain.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Another overager. This usually points to poor or lazy scouting no?

Ok ok I’ll do more research and wait and see.

Looks like a bigger Nick foligno. Accurate? No?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Man o man, with the guys they left on the board they better hope they are right with these picks, because they passed on a lot of talent to take some guys that were not the obvious choice.

I was ok with Thomson because I thought we could snag a guy I really wanted at 19 with 32, then at 32 we take a guy I thought going in we could have gotten at 44, then we trade up from 44 to get a guy I went into the draft thinking we could have in the third, and at that, one in a position where we are currently flooded (not really a problem, goalies take a while to develop and by the time he's looking for a contract things will likely have changed)...

I can't help but be really disappointed. Haven't been this disappointed with out drafting since Muckler was in charge. Hope I am wrong.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Almost seems like we're employing our late-rounds strategy to the entire draft now haha

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Almost seems like we're employing our late-rounds strategy to the entire draft now haha

Dorion is on the record as saying that the Sens are moving away from drafting for skill in the mid/later rounds. Apparently they've been 'burned by these types of players in the past'.

Reactions: 18Hossa

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Dorion is on the record as saying that the Sens are moving away from drafting for skill in the mid/later rounds. Apparently they've been 'burned by these types of players in the past'.
Is there anything/anyone in hockey Dorion hasn’t been burned by yet.

Is he really going to sabotage literally the only thing he’s decent at?

Reactions: derriko

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

To be fair, it does suck when you find late a round gem, can't afford them when its payday, and get bent over when you trade them. Its easier just to throw those picks away

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lining up that 4th line ... with Paul Kostelic and Lundin .. and we are going to ram it down your throat
I'd have thrown Pinto on there but supposedly forechecking is a weakness. Hell of a nice guy though

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For the record, GMMicklebot's picks assuming he was at podium:

19: Tomasino
32: Kaliyev
37:Lavoie (or if taking Kaliyev at 32 meant Lavoie was gone, Afanasyev)

Also, I wouldn't have traded up, so if I still had 44 and 83

44: Afanasyev
83: Honka

So, in 5 years from now, it will be:

Thomas, Pinto and Mads Sogaard
vs
Tomasino, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Afanasyev, and Honka.

I like my group sooooo much better... Hope I'm wrong. I had the first three guys as toss ups at 19 for me, and Afanasyev as an intriguing guy that I was hoping would still be there at 32.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For the record, GMMicklebot's picks assuming he was at podium:

19: Tomasino
32: Kaliyev
37:Lavoie (or if taking Kaliyev at 32 meant Lavoie was gone, Afanasyev)

Also, I wouldn't have traded up, so if I still had 44 and 83

44: Afanasyev
83: Honka

So, in 5 years from now, it will be:

Thomas, Pinto and Mads Sogaard
vs
Tomasino, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Afanasyev, and Honka.

I like my group sooooo much better... Hope I'm wrong

There are at least a half dozen groups I'd like better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad