2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I wouldnt mind Seider. To me he looks like the best Euro defender in the draft. Great all round defenseman.
He did look great at the U20 (only time I saw him though and competition was what it was).
Most rankings have him in that 30-20 range, but plenty of Euros are underscouted and him being from Germany playing in a German league makes it even more likely. He also seems to be rising the whole season.
Depends on where we'll be drafting but he could be a guy to keep an eye on.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He did look great at the U20 (only time I saw him though and competition was what it was).
Most rankings have him in that 30-20 range, but plenty of Euros are underscouted and him being from Germany playing in a German league makes it even more likely. He also seems to be rising the whole season.
Depends on where we'll be drafting but he could be a guy to keep an eye on.

Yeah exactly, and add a twist to that, I think people will realize he's a standout in a pro league already.
Plus his skating is greaf for a guy his size....oh yeah his size. 6'4" 215 lbs. To me he's a surefire first rounder, imo he's definitely on some teams' top 10-15 lists.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Was jsut looking at the draft. Would love to get my hands on Byram but if we pick in the top 10 we are getting an excellent prospect. This is a really nice top 10

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Knight's being touted as the next Jonathan Quick, all the scouts are loving this guy. I'd be shocked if we did pick a goalie in 1st round with Monty and Bednard having good seasons.
We need to take another goalie though. But yes I agree I’m not taking a goalie in the 1st round.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
IMO
-Top tier of defensemen are Byram, Broberg, and Lassi Thomson.
-Ville Heinola is #4 for me
-Then next group is comprised of Billy Constantinau, Thomas Harley, Matt Robertson, Victor Soderstrom, Seider, and Kaedan Korczak.

-For goalies top tier is Knight and Mads Sogaard with Knight having the edge right now
-Samuel Hlavaj is clearcut #3 for me
-in next tier is Dustin Wolf, Hunter Jones, Nolan Maier, taylor Gauthier, and Cole McLaren

I dont think we'll finish low enough to draft Byram or Broberg. But we should be able to grab Thomson or Heinola. And hopefully we can somehow grab Sogaard in the 2nd. He's a massive wall that's also very athletic.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We need to take another goalie though. But yes I agree I’m not taking a goalie in the 1st round.

I agree, we need to get a 2nd* back for Pysyk to draft a tendie or find one in the 3rd with EDM/NYI pick we got for Petrovic.

If we were to keep the first three picks,
1st - RD
2nd* - G/RD
3rd - LD/G

Then draft some tough/gritty type LW/C/RW's who can skate/hit in the later round picks.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I agree, we need to get a 2nd back for Pysyk to draft a tendie or find one in the 3rd with EDM/NYI pick we got for Petrovic.

If we were to keep the first three picks,
1st - RD
2nd - G/RD
3rd - LD/G

Then draft some tough/gritty type LW/C/RW's who can skate/hit in the later round picks.
That’s exactly how I see it too. Hopefully one of the good goalies drop. We should be going D heavy unless some beast forward drops like Pod from Russia.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Taking the best G in the draft might not be a terrible value proposition in the middle of the first round.

Generally not a good idea, but if the talent evaluation warrants taking him.....then take him.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Taking the best G in the draft might not be a terrible value proposition in the middle of the first round.

Generally not a good idea, but if the talent evaluation warrants taking him.....then take him. Assuming you're left with marginal top 6 forwards and top 4 defensemen.

Think I'd still prefer a swing at a high end D or F though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
For Knight I would use a 1st rounder. Best goalie spec to come along in a few years. I don't see Tallon doing it though. If I had to guess our pick it would be Ville Heinola. He should be right in our range and he's Finnish(well, plays in Liiga unlike Thomson). He's a LD but he's exactly what Tallon is looking for, offensive stud, smooth skater, poised.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Cozens looks really impressive. Podkolzin also wows with his skill and should have really high potential but a little higher risk. If we landed a top-3 pick I’d probably have cozens as the 3rd as of now but it’s tight

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Cozens looks really impressive. Podkolzin also wows with his skill and should have really high potential but a little higher risk. If we landed a top-3 pick I’d probably have cozens as the 3rd as of now but it’s tight

Can't go wrong with Cozens, Dach, or Krebs. You could argue Byram might be the 3rd best player in the draft though.

TheDard

Jan 23, 2019
I'd say the Panthers will be drafting between 6th and 11th. If Kirby Dach is available. I'd be drafting him. He doesn't have real other top end junior players in Saskatoon to play with. Give him a legit top junior winger and I'd bet he would be higher ranked and put up more points.
He is a smooth skating centre. Great set of hands, high hockey IQ and great vision. Also has the build to be a top NHL centre (6'3)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'd say the Panthers will be drafting between 6th and 11th. If Kirby Dach is available. I'd be drafting him. He doesn't have real other top end junior players in Saskatoon to play with. Give him a legit top junior winger and I'd bet he would be higher ranked and put up more points.
He is a smooth skating centre. Great set of hands, high hockey IQ and great vision. Also has the build to be a top NHL centre (6'3)

He's a terrific prospect but he wouldn't be too popular on this board, as he's a Barkov clone. Perhaps more of a goal scoring Barkov than playmaker.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
The chances are currently low, but Panthers could really use an ounce of luck and get a top 3 pick. Top 2 would allow serious asset movement to patch the biggest holes.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The chances are currently low, but Panthers could really use an ounce of luck and get a top 3 pick. Top 2 would allow serious asset movement to patch the biggest holes.
I want Kakko or Byram if we luck out. Hughes makes me nervous. He’s built like a 7 year old and injured every 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad