2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
HI! I'm a Canadiens fan and I'm asking other teams fans what are the first need you have to adress with your first pick. The Canadiens needs to find a winger (powerforward or goal scorer) and secondly, a top4 D. Cheers!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
HI! I'm a Canadiens fan and I'm asking other teams fans what are the first need you have to adress with your first pick. The Canadiens needs to find a winger (powerforward or goal scorer) and secondly, a top4 D. Cheers!
Defense defense defense

Reactions: Frank JT

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Defense defense defense
its almost certain we pick D. we have basically 1 real D prospect that hasnt yet played a game in gildon. we have several fwds in waiting. none im crazy excited about besides hepo (sort of) but still.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
How about Spencer Knight ?
I haven't followed the prospects this year too close, but if he's as good as I've read, I'd be happy with him. I like Monty, but goalies are so hard to project that I'd be more comfortable having more than one potential #1.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
but I don't see him being around after number 16 to Colorado.

Bob for next 4-5 years at minimum and we get to see what Monty can do this year or next.
That's a last minute trade down option if they can't acquire a legit top 4 D with 13th+

If we trade down with COL, we better get rid of Reimer with it. I highly dislike letting COL pick before us once, let alone twice.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I like that idea of throwing Reimer in with a deal to move down. Not really crazy about any people around 13. I like Knight, but I fully understand that we will have potentially Broski for the next five years or so.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If we sign bob long term, and we potentially have Monty as a backup. Even if Monty falters we can still draft a goalie in the 2nd or 3rd round of this draft or any subsequent drafts. The highest drafted goalies don’t exactly have the best track record. If we stay at 13 we absolutely take a skater, too many good players will be available to take a goalie that high

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I don't get the infatuation with taking a goalie that high if we have Bob.
I'd rather spend a third on a guy like Mads or Kochetkov. Heck, if we don't believe in Monty and want someone ready sooner rather than later, get Konovalov.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't get the infatuation with taking a goalie that high if we have Bob.
I'd rather spend a third on a guy like Mads or Kochetkov. Heck, if we don't believe in Monty and want someone ready sooner rather than later, get Konovalov.

Only scenario I see is trading down with COL to 16th (Reimer included is a must) so they can draft a forward while we hopefully still get one of the D were after and then trading Hoffman for a pick in the 20s to take Knignt.

Hopefully losing Hoff wont have us drop from top 3 PP to mid pack but there is that possibility with our new coaches and their past history not having great special teams.
Would prefer to keep Hoff if possible.

So many different scenarios running around in our heads.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Sigh? Say we add Panarin and Bob, how do we keep Hoffman and Dadonov after this upcoming season, AND add a blueliner?
we dont. but we at least have a legit top 6 for once in our history.

I think Brokin was in on Denisenko lol.
actually it was me and brokin, but no one ever remembers my ridiculously accurate calls. sigh. but i actually have buyers remorse on that. id switch to bode wilde if i could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad