2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but not this year.

I was being facetious. He went to my high school, so I’m a fan.
I just realized that i've probably seen him play...my son probably played against him a time or two, but really, I just can't remember.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
what scares me about a very undersized player is one big buff trainwreck and his career could be over. i know johnny hockey is good & theo fleury was good but i'd be worried. remember when granlund took a big hit in his 1st or 2nd season and none of us knew if he'd recover.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
what scares me about a very undersized player is one big buff trainwreck and his career could be over. i know johnny hockey is good & theo fleury was good but i'd be worried. remember when granlund took a big hit in his 1st or 2nd season and none of us knew if he'd recover.
Eric Lindros was probably the biggest, strongest hockey player that I have ever seen. How did his career turn out?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eric Lindros was probably the biggest, strongest hockey player that I have ever seen. How did his career turn out?

He's in the HoF, so pretty well. If Stevens hadn't have wrecked him he could have had a better career, for sure.

Chara (in his prime) is the biggest/strongest hockey player I can think of. Pronger was a beast too.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He's in the HoF, so pretty well. If Stevens hadn't have wrecked him he could have had a better career, for sure.

Chara (in his prime) is the biggest/strongest hockey player I can think of. Pronger was a beast too.
guess again

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He's the HoF as the biggest strongest player ever; that's how his career turned out.

And his career was still cut short by injuries, because being big and strong still doesn't guarantee anything.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
are you guys saying an undersized player can take the daily nhl beatings as well as a larger player? ps Lindros dished it out so many teams hunted him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
are you guys saying an undersized player can take the daily nhl beatings as well as a larger player? ps Lindros dished it out so many teams hunted him.
This is the mentality that leads to the Wild picking the big safe players instead of the smaller players with skill.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

st. louis was.. 5'6? smallest player ever in the nhl was 5'1 i believe. granny is how tall? johnny G is 5'6? spurgeon is 5'7? marchand is 5'9, arvidsson is 5'9, tyler johnson is 5'8, cam atkinson 5'8, conor sheary, 5'8, zuccarrelo 5'8, marchessault 5'9. gonna tell me all of those players cant take the NHL right now?

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-undersized-nhl-players/

link for proof

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We’ll see this year if a leopard ever changes its spots.

I’ve been doing extensive research on the draft this year and here are the players I would want us to take in each potential range of the 1st round.

5-10 range:
Zegras, C
Turcotte, C

10-20 range(most likely):
Connor McMichael: he could slip to the twenty’s of the 1st round, but this is the guy I think we should target. He knows how to play the game the right way. Just watching him it’s obvious that he has the ability to elevate the play of others. He can shoot the puck, he can skate, and he plays the middle of the ice. He will be the steal of the first round IMO.

Alex Newhook, C
Peyton Krebs, C

20-30 range:
Cam York, D
Yegor Spiridonov, D

My projection for our first round pick:
John Beecher: you just know that The wild scouts are going to love this guy. They will identify that we have a need for centers, and select John Beecher. Let me explain why I think wild scouts will love him... strong 2-way center with middle six upside. He has a hard shot that he doesn’t use enough. They’ll see his lack of production and say that because he was stuck on the 4th line on an NTDP team that his production suffered from it. They will select him thinking they just got a steal. He’s been compared to JT Compher and David Backes. I think this would be a horrible election for us, so it only seems fitting.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
My projection for our first round pick:
John Beecher: you just know that The wild scouts are going to love this guy. They will identify that we have a need for centers, and select John Beecher. Let me explain why I think wild scouts will love him... strong 2-way center with middle six upside. He has a hard shot that he doesn’t use enough. They’ll see his lack of production and say that because he was stuck on the 4th line on an NTDP team that his production suffered from it. They will select him thinking they just got a steal. He’s been compared to JT Compher and David Backes. I think this would be a horrible election for us, so it only seems fitting.
I'm also not a huge fan of drafting guys that haven't been able to provide good offense at the junior level, but if he did turn into a Backes it would be a fantastic pick in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Don't let who Backes is today make you forget about what he was the first 9-10 years of his career.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm also not a huge fan of drafting guys that haven't been able to provide good offense at the junior level, but if he did turn into a Backes it would be a fantastic pick in the 2nd half of the 1st round. Don't let who Backes is today make you forget about what he was the first 9-10 years of his career.
It wasn’t that I don’t like him, or backes, but that is just a comparison not a player potential. He projects to be a middle-6 center, much like JEE, and I think we have enough two way guys. I want to take a shot on some raw skill.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It wasn’t that I don’t like him, or backes, but that is just a comparison not a player potential. He projects to be a middle-6 center, much like JEE, and I think we have enough two way guys. I want to take a shot on some raw skill.
I agree. We need a guy who can handle the puck and distribute really well, similar to Granlund. Goal scorers/shooters are always welcome, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad