2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Matthew Boldy has a pretty sick set of mits. It’s also important to note his upward trajectory. He has really shot up the past 2 years. IMO, if he maintains that trajectory or even a close place, we’re talking about a very very good, complete hockey player. Everyone talks about Turcotte’s 2-way game, but this kid has shown me that he is up there as well.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Spiridonov is a player I’m starting to like a lot. Right shot. Center. Goalscorer. Hoping he’s an option at 43

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Newhook added 2 goals and 1 assist to his stats in todays game against Belarus. Has a total of 6 point in 3 games now.

This is what a guy in the NHL Draft - Prospects is saying.

I wonder if playing alongside top-10 talents in Krebs and Cozens and looking as good or better than one or both on any given shift will help him climb back to where he should be rated.

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Newhook added 2 goals and 1 assist to his stats in todays game against Belarus. Has a total og 6 point in 3 games now.

This is what a guy in the NHL Draft - Prospects is saying.
I think he could be an excellent pick for you guys. Definite talent to become a top-6 staple, with a not small shot at being an NHL-caliber 1C. Remember, this guy was rated as high as 3rd overall coming into this year, and he played damn well in the BCHL. Nobody will know quite what his offensive ceiling at the next level will be until he hits college, where he’s part of a new wave going to a great program in Boston College. Playing alongside Matthew Boldy will really reveal where he should have gone this upcoming draft.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think he could be an excellent pick for you guys. Definite talent to become a top-6 staple, with a not small shot at being an NHL-caliber 1C. Remember, this guy was rated as high as 3rd overall coming into this year, and he played damn well in the BCHL. Nobody will know quite what his offensive ceiling at the next level will be until he hits college, where he’s part of a new wave going to a great program in Boston College. Playing alongside Matthew Boldy will really reveal where he should have gone this upcoming draft.
Agreed. I’m hoping we select him unless turcotte or Zegras is available. Kid has lots of raw skill.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Agreed. I’m hoping we select him unless turcotte or Zegras is available. Kid has lots of raw skill.
It might not be the “best” place to pick, of course, but the Wild have to be in one of the most exciting positions. I think the serious talent in this draft runs about 20 picks deep, and the difference in quality is quite minimal. There will be a broad range of very different but equally interesting guys at 12.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
It might not be the “best” place to pick, of course, but the Wild have to be in one of the most exciting positions. I think the serious talent in this draft runs about 20 picks deep, and the difference in quality is quite minimal. There will be a broad range of very different but equally interesting guys at 12.
I agree. I always thought there was a big drop-off at 10, but I’m coming up on guys like Newhook, Kaliyev, Caufield, Harley, Soderstrom, etc. there’s some boom or bust factor after 10, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Newhook is the 2nd best center taken in this draft or if Harley ends up being the best defensman.

Reactions: Dominance

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Harley looks terrific. Great skater, can handle the puck, and has really good offensive instincts. He will need to fill out and work on his defensive game, but the length(6'3") is nice, too. A team needing a LHD should be more than happy to take him. He would certainly be not be out of place in the group after Byram, and I can see him being the best Dman out of that bunch. Great skating, size, vg skills, smart....what's not to like?

Krebs>Newhook>Tomassino, but they are quite similar. All can skate like crazy, have skills, and are about the same size. I really like Krebs, but I think that he might end up being the second best C in the draft. Only thing he lacks is size, but he seems to be pretty solid on his skates.

I definitely would be fine with taking Newhook at #12, if it comes down to it. Would love to another #1 in the teens. I believe that a lot of Dmen will be taken then, leaving some quality forwards for the Restofus.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If we added a pick at around 20, I’d be fine with any combination of these players at the given spot:

12:Zegras, Krebs, Newhook

20: Harley, Broberg, Brink, Dorofeyev, Lavoie

42: lassi Thompson, Ilya Nikolaev, Jordan Spence, Kaedan Korczak, Yegor Spiridonov

Some guys I’m liking in the 3rd round are as follows:
Vladislav Kolyachonok, Marcus Kallionkieli,
Maxim Cajkovic.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If we added a pick at around 20, I’d be fine with any combination of these players at the given spot:

12:Zegras, Krebs, Newhook

20: Harley, Broberg, Brink, Dorofeyev, Lavoie

42: lassi Thompson, Ilya Nikolaev, Jordan Spence, Kaedan Korczak, Yegor Spiridonov

Some guys I’m liking in the 3rd round are as follows:
Vladislav Kolyachonok, Marcus Kallionkieli,
Maxim Cajkovic.

I like Jakob Pelletier with a later 1st rounder as well. Plays a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad