2019 Draft Thread: We Already Got a Kaapo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like Jakob Pelletier with a later 1st rounder as well. Plays a good game.
Can’t say I’ve seen about of him but some scouts are high on him and his production in the Q was awesome. I wouldn’t be mad at all if we selected him with a late 1st.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I still think Caufield and a defenseman are going to find their way into the first 11 picks. And with Hughes, Kakko, Byram and Turcotte all locks, that means one of Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Podkolzin or Boldy would be sitting there at 12.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I still think Caufield and a defenseman are going to find their way into the first 11 picks. And with Hughes, Kakko, Byram and Turcotte all locks, that means one of Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Krebs, Podkolzin or Boldy would be sitting there at 12.
I obviously wish we were a few spots higher, but #12 seems like an exciting place to be picking this year.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I kinda am hoping we just get newhook. Idk I just have a good feeling about him. Reminds me of Barzal.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the better caufield plays the more likely philly is going to grab him. nuckers at 10 could do something crazy. we will probably have a very good variety of players to choose from. im licking my chops as long as fenton & co. don't do anything stupid AGAIN!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brink looking good
Very. Not sure about his overall athleticism(that can develop, of course), but his hockey IQ and vision appear to be top notch. Every team needs a blend of player types on it's roster to be successful, because it's rare that you find a player that has it all in one package. If we have enough blazers, shooters, and strength, then there is always a place for a really smart player.
It's not like he doesn't have skills, either, but what seems to stick out is his ability to be involved in scoring plays. He seems to see things a split second before most other players do. That quality is what separated Gretzky from the rest.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Something concerns me about a guy who’s this good at goal scoring and is barely ranked top 10 in some lists

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
5'7" is still on the really low side of the spectrum, even for the "undersized" players.

Caufield being talked about in the top 15 or even the top 10 is already sort of a victory.

Zuccarello is 5'7, and he seems to be doing alright. But i understand what you mean.

I think it's sort of a "stone age" type of thinking. The good thing for the smaller players is that the game is getting less violent and more technical.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I'm liking Krebs and Newhook, Both speedy and skilled, and both seem to be able to create offence in different ways. Would be thrilled with either. We need one of them more than we need a Caufield or Kaliyev, IMO. Krebs>Newhook>Caufield>Kaliyev=Brink(?).

I think it's unlikely that we get a shot at Krebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->