2019 Copa America

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Fun game. Glad Brazil got through, with a lot of luck. I want to see more of them play, so no complaints from me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Acuna and Foyth for Saravia and Lo Celso. I don’t think Scaloni knows you can start the same lineup back to back games. Bless his dumbassery luckily today will be his last game.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So it’s penalties right? They don’t do extra time until the final in this tournament.

Ten man Paraguay hold on.

I thought they'd play extra time in the semis as well.

Obviously it was against 10 men for the last half an hour, but I'd rather watch Brazil at least try to do something offensively with the ball, compared to Paraguay just waiting for an occasional counter attack or corner.

These type of games are tough for a keeper, Allison faced just one shot, which was a great scoring chance, but he kept alert and came up big. While Everton has skills, missing Neymar means Brazil much less of a scoring threat. They put in some nice balls into the penalty area, but there's nobody in the box to put them into net.

Thiago Silva and Marquinhos partnership was a joy to watch, you could tell they have been playing together at a club level for so long. Both knew where to be, in regarding each others position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thiago Silva and Marqui are such a WC pair. People still look over them for some reason, but when talking about the best CB pairings in the world, there's really no need to look further. Thiago Silva had a monstruous season too. At some point, he's going to decline, but he hasn't reached that yet.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I honestly don’t know how or why but argentina are up at the break. 45 minutes more please

Probably because VNZ are even worse

Thought Lautaro had a good first half. But he was probably the only one lol. Acuna and Paredes are just so bad. Also I really don't know what you see in Pezzella

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Very interesting to see Foyth as a RB even for Argentina. I think his potential is almost limitless in that position if he learns how to play it well tactically defensively.

He looks slow, but he really isn´t. Going forward he showed flashes last year I haven´t seen by a Spurs RB since that ridiculous spell Carr had.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Soteldo looks like a nice prospect for Venezuela.

Anyway. This team will get slaughtered by Brazil. Thankfully I won't be able to watch that bloodbath.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Messi hasn't really shown up yet, maybe he will wake up against Brazil (but at 32, who knows if can't do it anymore).

Most likely won't happen, but I would really like to see Dybala and Messi together from the start, not just near the end when the game has already been all but decided one way or the other.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lol

Kickoff for Colombia-Chile delayed because the Chilean team arrived late to the stadium.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi hasn't really shown up yet, maybe he will wake up against Brazil (but at 32, who knows if can't do it anymore).

Most likely won't happen, but I would really like to see Dybala and Messi together from the start, not just near the end when the game has already been all but decided one way or the other.
Who knows if he can do it anymore? Lol he just finished with a stellar season? 5 games and he’s over the hill lol?

Dybala and Messi won’t start together ever not with scaloni anyway. Not this tournament for sure

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Goal for Chile ruled out for an offside after a VAR check. It must’ve been a shoelace because that looked really close to me. Looked just onside.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
So Nestor Pitana is reffing this game and they flash to the fourth referee and it’s the other jacked referee. Idk why but I found it funny...

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Who knows if he can do it anymore? Lol he just finished with a stellar season? 5 games and he’s over the hill lol?

Dybala and Messi won’t start together ever not with scaloni anyway. Not this tournament for sure

I meant more physically being able to carry / lift the team all by himself (like he did when returning to the 2018 WC qualifiers), him at 32 being not physically the same as he was at 22 or even 27. How many summers it's now in a row when he's had a tournament and not a proper off-season rest. It's a bit different for him with Barcelona against most teams, he has more help than he will when comparing Argentina to a team like Brazil.

He seems to be pacing himself defensively in the tournament, though. Although not everybody might be happy when the centre forward Aguero has to drop deeper and do more defensive work than Messi, as it disturbs the team shape after a turnaround and going back into a attack.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
0-0 at the half. I’d say Chile looked a bit more threatening and look very composed when having possession deep in their half getting out of sticky situations.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Also, at next years Copa (the fourth tournament in six years!) which will be cohosted by Argentina and Colombia, it was just announced that the final will be played on Colombian soil.

Invited teams will be Qatar again and Australia.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Second Chilean goal called back after a VAR review. This time for handball in the offensive box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad