OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sounds like Alexander will be starting at safety, Woli out Gaitor out, so some guys moving around on D

EGCkTWOWsAEzbAH.jpg

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So Hecht is the scapegoat for a defensive backfield that plays an acre off the ball on every play?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I predict a close BB victory at the toilet seat.

28-27 BB

I'm expecting a lopsided Rider win. I think this team is falling apart, and now without a DC on the sidelines, I can see confusion reigning supreme. Plus, I'm starting to think the Streveler sucks crowd might be right. :help:

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
He's has his moments but I'd say that of everybody in the DB he hasn't been the worst.
Moving Rios up for Gaiter gets hot, hot, hot garbage out of the DB
He has been the worst... by an insane margin. Rios isn’t bad at all, believe it or not.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
He has been the worst... by an insane margin. Rios isn’t bad at all, believe it or not.

I dunno. I'd like to be able to see a breakdown of every defensive play and see who truly has been torched the most all season and for how many yards and touchdowns.
Maybe it's Hecht but I'm willing to bet if those stats are available they'd show different.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I dunno. I'd like to be able to see a breakdown of every defensive play and see who truly has been torched the most all season and for how many yards and touchdowns.
Maybe it's Hecht but I'm willing to bet if those stats are available they'd show different.
Safeties are never in man coverage so they don’t get “torched” quite as often as the other DBs. But Hecht has horrendous tackling form, is slow as any DB in league history and while he was playing reasonably well positionally early in the season, he literally can’t keep anyone in front of him anymore. It’s really hard to play worse safety than he is over the second half of the season.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I'll say good luck and a win would be nice. I'll be watching hockey, baseball, NCAA football, championship knitting but not watching the Bombers.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Safeties are never in man coverage so they don’t get “torched” quite as often as the other DBs. But Hecht has horrendous tackling form, is slow as any DB in league history and while he was playing reasonably well positionally early in the season, he literally can’t keep anyone in front of him anymore. It’s really hard to play worse safety than he is over the second half of the season.

Well based on what I've seen opposition receivers are a regular occurence behind all our DB's so much so that maybe that's where our DB's figure they should be so they ignore them.

Even the far more Talented Loffler who was a beast what was it 3 seasons ago was nothing really that special the last 2.

I figure the highlights which I will watch will tell me all I need to know.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Well based on what I've seen opposition receivers are a regular occurence behind all our DB's so much so that maybe that's where our DB's figure they should be so they ignore them.

Even the far more Talented Loffler who was a beast what was it 3 seasons ago was nothing really that special the last 2.

I figure the highlights which I will watch will tell me all I need to know.
Loffler had more talent than Hecht (but really, who doesn’t?) but he still had very poor speed for a DB and was cut a lot of slack because he had a lot of big hits in his first season. His positional play was terrible and almost anyone in that spot this year would have been an upgrade. O’Shea just happened to choose one of the only guys worse. A 34-year old who wasn’t a good athlete relative to his peers even in his prime.

None

Feb 22, 2012
What a play by the Als defense and specifically Lokombo to stop Calgary.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Probably should've challenged the ball to Petermann, but Adams needed to hang onto the second.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Just what a struggling young QB needs backed up on his goal line......dropped passes. :shakehead

Reactions: Jets 31

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Heading to Elton John and missing the game. Have no faith in the Bombers whatsoever, hopefully they can pull it out somehow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad