OT: 2019 Blue Bomber (10-6) Regular Season Thread - Oct 19 @ Calgary (10-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
All the talk leading up to this game was about how the Bombers are a complete team and as such they should still be considered as one of the favourites to win it all. Well, this supposed complete team just got their butts whipped in every facet of the game. The supposed strength of the team ..the O line and pass rush were not a positive and the questionable areas of this team .. the secondary and passing game were awful. Once again the special teams messed up just enough to cause concern and the coaching does not seem to have any answers offensively or defensively. I don’t know how the media will try to spin this absolute fail as a positive, but I know that by Friday, there will be a concerted effort to minimize what we have just witnessed.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Actually went to the game tonight........I regret that.

They were brutal, in every phase.
Me too. Was cold.

But finally got a good 3 dollar dog. Bun was fresh and not squished.

And watching Bob Cameron trot around the field was entertaining. Nice tribute to a great guy.

Oh, did the Bomber win?

Did O'shea fire himself to save Richie Hall?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Heck , i don't care how you spell his name , is absolutely useless . Just watch how out of position the guy was on almost every play , no clue how to play safety . Did Jeffcoat and Jefferson get this game off ? because i never noticed either of them once . O'shea better fire Hall now or it's gonna cost O'shea his job too .

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So any of you that paid good money to watch this dreck, live or on tv going to ask the team or your tv service provider for a refund.

Standing by my word. Did not watch a minute of the game.
I did tune in to the post game on cjob because I needed a laugh listening to of touch Oshea and the shills from cjob.

I wish it was possible for the Bombers to missed the playoffs as that might be the only way to have a top to bottom scorched earth do over for this pathetic franchise.
Maybe if the Bombers folded and came back as an expansion franchise we'd win within a couple years.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Tough loss. Hamilton is good. They should win the cup in Evans can play like that, love how he slings it. In playoffs, anything can happen. Let's beat CAL once and SASK and see where we end up.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
That was supposed to be a statement game??

Talk about demoralizing in all facets of the game, no one goes untouched for that embarrassment. It almost looked like a team that wasn't trying, didn't care; much like a number of Jet's games last year.

I so want the Bombers to succeed but they keep shooting themselves in the foot...they win last week's game and you likely throw another 1,000-2,000 in the stands last night for the so called showdown. With that game last night, they have likely lost another 1,500-2,500 people per game for the remainder of the year. Plus it's not getting any warmer.

I think the Bombers have done a lot of good things on the promotions front to get people out but their product is not matching that stellar work. Just when we get our hopes up, it all comes crashing down...so sad.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Me too. Was cold.

And watching Bob Cameron trot around the field was entertaining. Nice tribute to a great guy.

Oh, did the Bomber win?

I caught one of the balls he hoofed into the stands!! That was the only bright spot :vhappy:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
LaPolice is starting to annoy.

This obsession they have with 5 yard throws is beyond predictable and stalls so many drives.

Reactions: sipowicz

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Me too. Was cold.

Oh, did the Bomber win?

Great line...

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
-Bombers blitzed all game and barely got preassure.

-The Oline was God awful. Harris had their butts in his face any time he was handed the ball. They were fine until then "got healthy". Too many changes? Maybe these guys should have lost their jobs while on the IR?

-Saw Adams flat out quit on 2 balls thrown to him. He just stopped running his route.

-It seemed like Evan's plan was to throw at whoever Rios was covering. Rios has been an embarrassment all year.

-Hecht has no clue out there.

-How many MFing holding penalties did the Bombers take on returns?! Complete bush league garbage.

- This team has looked damn good. Now every phase has gone to hell. Its hard not to lay a lot of blame on the coaching staff when everything goes wrong.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It looks bad. No one is denying that. But the Bombers historically have been amazing the "3rd" Sask game (ie not the Labour Day or Banjo Bowl; think Sask opening their toilet bowl, or the year after or the year after that). Fajardo is a paper tiger. We win this one next week, then I think we absolutely dominate Montreal back at home and we are 11-5 with tie breaker on Sask. Mean we are locked basically into a home playoff game. Then even one win in the back to back against Calgary gives us a decent chance at hosting the west final. All is not lost yet. This game next week is obviously MASSIVELY important. Let's hope the boys show up. Honestly we have dominated every single game this year except the 2 against Hamilton. Nobody else has played with us at all.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At the very least this season will give us a pretty good idea of what they have in Streveler going forward.

As it looks now, not a whole lot. Still essentially a month to go in the season but the plan should be to continue on with Nichols and keep looking for an heir apparent.

People bag on Nichols (myself included) but at this point at least you have a tangible change to win with him under center. Streveler can't throw and at some point teams will gameplan for it.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
At the very least this season will give us a pretty good idea of what they have in Streveler going forward.

As it looks now, not a whole lot. Still essentially a month to go in the season but the plan should be to continue on with Nichols and keep looking for an heir apparent.

People bag on Nichols (myself included) but at this point at least you have a tangible change to win with him under center. Streveler can't throw and at some point teams will gameplan for it.

Time to see what free agency offers up.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Still don’t know why the BB’s aren’t bringing in QB’s to find on that can actually throw!

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Coaches show was the same old rhetoric as ever and I swear to God if I bothered to call in and Irving interrupted my question I'd reach through the phone. He's senile and he's done.

Bromance between Oshea and Hall for sure. Won't say anything bad about him or anybody.
Admits the D didn't play well in the first half and blah blah blah about how we held them in the second half. Game was over. If the inbred Hall or Oshea had gotten on the D early in the game maybe we would have had a chance.

And al those idiots back there looking around and blaming each other. They haven't learned squat. They are garbage, pure and simple.

For those of you with 3+ hours to waste Saturday enjoy the debacle as team mediocre gets dubbed yet again. Will not be watching.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
He’s 24 and the offence has been better with him than with Nichols so yeah, he’s pretty good.

This isn't the place, but I love talking about this bomber offense with Strev at the helm. It's way more worthy of deep thought than Helle's turd of a game.

It's fascinating, and Strev is probably the best QB in the world to run it. (Well besides maybe Tim Tebow or the Ravens current QB. Although Strev is a better passer than Tebow. hmm I'll have to think about it.)

The way strev plays is a perfect compliment to this particular O-Line, RB and OC combo.

I've written way too much about it, but TL;DR, I think undersized linebackers are a necessity in the CFL, so you can punish that with a power run game, easily turning four yard carries into 7 or 8 yard carries.

The bombers have the horses to do it, and I love watching them work.

The subtle detail to watch for, and what the commentators don't see, is the "zone reads" aren't usually reads, but a designed QB or RB run.

Checkdown Nichols sucks the fun out of the game, but is a slightly better passer and an ever so slightly better decision-maker when throwing in a generic CFL offense.

Strev is I think around equal in the bomber system to Nichols, but I could be swayed one way or the other.

I think the bombers would have been better this year if they signed McLeod Bethel Thompson, and played him over Nichols, and the way this season is playing out has made my decision to renounce my bomber fandom all the more sweet.

ahhh spilling my brain about how fun the CFL is has subsided my anger at Helle.

Reactions: Jets 31 and AKAChip

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
This isn't the place, but I love talking about this bomber offense with Strev at the helm. It's way more worthy of deep thought than Helle's turd of a game.

It's fascinating, and Strev is probably the best QB in the world to run it. The way strev plays is a perfect compliment to this particular O-Line, RB and OC combo.

I've written way too much about it, but TL;DR, I think undersized linebackers are a necessity in the CFL, so you can punish punish that with a power run game, easily turning four yard carries into 7 or 8 yard carries.

The bombers have the horses to do it, and I love watching them work.

The subtle detail to watch for, and what the commentators don't see, is the "zone reads" aren't usually reads, but designed QB or RB run.

Checkdown Nichols sucks the fun out of the game, but is a slightly better passer and an ever so slightly better decision-maker when throwing in a generic CFL offense.

Strev is I think around equal in the bomber system to Nichols, but I could be swayed one way or the other.

I think the bombers would have been better this year if they signed McLeod Bethel Thompson, and played him over Nichols, and the way this season is playing out has made my decision to renounce my bomber fandom all the more sweet.

ahhh spilling my brain about how fun the CFL is has subsided my anger at Helle.
I could also talk about this all day but agreed that this isn’t the place. Let’s just say that Nichols’ penchant for checkdowns offsets the minimal turnovers. And his accuracy on midrange passes is as bad as any QB in the league. Streveler struggles on deep passes but he’s legitimately a better short and midrange passer than Nichols, without any qualifiers. Add in Nichols inability to do anything with even the slightest pressure in his face and Streveler’s ability to move the pocket and frankly, it’s not even close. Granted, this is more of a Nichols is terrible than a Streveler is good argument but there are a lot of building blocks there.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I could also talk about this all day but agreed that this isn’t the place. Let’s just say that Nichols’ penchant for checkdowns offsets the minimal turnovers. And his accuracy on midrange passes is as bad as any QB in the league. Streveler struggles on deep passes but he’s legitimately a better short and midrange passer than Nichols, without any qualifiers. Add in Nichols inability to do anything with even the slightest pressure in his face and Streveler’s ability to move the pocket and frankly, it’s not even close. Granted, this is more of a Nichols is terrible than a Streveler is good argument but there are a lot of building blocks there.

Nichols weak deep balls (3/4 are 10 yards away from his target) are what started me down the path of "actually Nichols is a terrible QB propped up by a great offense"

Reactions: AKAChip

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Nichols weak deep balls (3/4 are 10 yards away from his target) are what started me down the path of "actually Nichols is a terrible QB propped up by a great offense"
Right. It’s overlooked how difficult it is to go essentially an entire season in then CFL with only one game of over 300 yards passing. Nichols has a reputation as an accurate passer but... it’s completely undeserved. At best he’s a “careful” passer who resists taking chances and it buoys his completion percentage a ton. Ask him to move even a couple steps left or right and the play is dead before it begins.

Tom ServoMST3K

Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Right. It’s overlooked how difficult it is to go essentially an entire season in then CFL with only one game of over 300 yards passing. Nichols has a reputation as an accurate passer but... it’s completely undeserved. At best he’s a “careful” passer who resists taking chances and it buoys his completion percentage a ton. Ask him to move even a couple steps left or right and the play is dead before it begins.

I really wish I could get my hands on the All-24 cam of the bombers offense and do a deep dive on if the checkdowns are Nichols or LaPo. (I think they're Nichols)

Reactions: AKAChip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad