Prospect Info: 2019 Avalanche Development Camp [June 26th to 28th]

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Missed the defenders today, but got to see all the forwards in their glory.

First off, Annunen was brutal with a capital "B". The lad got sniped all session long and when he didn't the players were hitting him in the mask, really tough day. Werner was awesome, I think he took the reigns from Shmakov as the best goaler of the day. Second, I was interested in Barlage, but he is so so so far from even a NHL teams development camp. Skating is slow, no agility, no shot strength, no centre of gravity (like none), and his balance is worse than even Mikko or Landeskog (not sure how that is possible).

Bowers was awesome today, was a noticeable tier higher than everyone else in his group. I was actually pleasantly surprised with our Latvian Buncis, his stats look terrible, but he was very tough to control down below the hashmarks. Not sure I saw Kovalenko or Morrison on the ice either which also included Smirnov and Weiss (Mutala played). Beaucage was pretty good, his shot is very tough for goalers to get a read on - it has the heaviness, but his release is the foie gras of his game. I thought the best player today was between Kaut and Shvyrev, both were doing something to trump the other one. Kaut has all the tools, he is a strong skater with a fantastic shot and tough to separate from with the puck. Shvyrev looked like he played against men compared to the CHL players, played a heavy mature game and his shot is very good (I hope they give him more of a chance). I also really liked what I saw from Mutter, the guy can snipe it and similar to Buncis he was a thunderstorm in a box.

Burzan was still pretty weak on the puck, did not do well in the 1v1 competitive drills. Mutala also looked like a kid when he was up against more of the veteran players. Out of all the rookies I actually thought that Stienburg was the most impressive. He doesn't have a huge ceiling, but there are a lot of tools that can translate into the pros - he plays a very mature game that resembles the NHL quite a bit. Captain Hook was the flashiest of everyone on the ice, but you can see the physical immaturity and he can't do the moves he wants yet. Lastly, I thought Henry showed a lot of growth. His skating in particular has gotten a lot better compared to last year, most notably his agility gave him a 1 up to every player there. Nick has also gotten stronger and was able to shield players off similar to Crosby.

This makes a ton of sense, one of the coaches today just seemed so familiar to me.
Did you see Ranta? According to the BSN podcast he had a very good showing as well.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I still see a lot of Silfverberg in Kaut.

Same size and right handed shot, but it’s the skating and general approach on the ice that is very similar. Cerebral type player, consistent but won’t be flashy.

Second line winger at best, third line winger at worst. Just my opinion.
Imma come after you for stealing my comparison.

They look very alike with the way they move.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kaut looks like he aged 15 years in the last year...he kinda looks like Radulov now :laugh:

TrLiBlM.png

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Missed the defenders today, but got to see all the forwards in their glory.

First off, Annunen was brutal with a capital "B". The lad got sniped all session long and when he didn't the players were hitting him in the mask, really tough day. Werner was awesome, I think he took the reigns from Shmakov as the best goaler of the day. Second, I was interested in Barlage, but he is so so so far from even a NHL teams development camp. Skating is slow, no agility, no shot strength, no centre of gravity (like none), and his balance is worse than even Mikko or Landeskog (not sure how that is possible).

Bowers was awesome today, was a noticeable tier higher than everyone else in his group. I was actually pleasantly surprised with our Latvian Buncis, his stats look terrible, but he was very tough to control down below the hashmarks. Not sure I saw Kovalenko or Morrison on the ice either which also included Smirnov and Weiss (Mutala played). Beaucage was pretty good, his shot is very tough for goalers to get a read on - it has the heaviness, but his release is the foie gras of his game. I thought the best player today was between Kaut and Shvyrev, both were doing something to trump the other one. Kaut has all the tools, he is a strong skater with a fantastic shot and tough to separate from with the puck. Shvyrev looked like he played against men compared to the CHL players, played a heavy mature game and his shot is very good (I hope they give him more of a chance). I also really liked what I saw from Mutter, the guy can snipe it and similar to Buncis he was a thunderstorm in a box.

Burzan was still pretty weak on the puck, did not do well in the 1v1 competitive drills. Mutala also looked like a kid when he was up against more of the veteran players. Out of all the rookies I actually thought that Stienburg was the most impressive. He doesn't have a huge ceiling, but there are a lot of tools that can translate into the pros - he plays a very mature game that resembles the NHL quite a bit. Captain Hook was the flashiest of everyone on the ice, but you can see the physical immaturity and he can't do the moves he wants yet. Lastly, I thought Henry showed a lot of growth. His skating in particular has gotten a lot better compared to last year, most notably his agility gave him a 1 up to every player there. Nick has also gotten stronger and was able to shield players off similar to Crosby.

This makes a ton of sense, one of the coaches today just seemed so familiar to me.
Man, Annunen who I liked pre-draft has done nothing to help his case post-draft. Hoping for a good year in Finland finally.

Also, speaking of that draft and its goalies, if Vehviläinen makes it to the NHL I'm going to be peeved.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like the Kaut/Silfverberg comparison.

His skating style reminds me of Draisaitl more than anyone. That slouched back.

If only he had Draisaitl potential.

Reactions: timothy jimothy

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Man, Annunen who I liked pre-draft has done nothing to help his case post-draft. Hoping for a good year in Finland finally.

Also, speaking of that draft and its goalies, if Vehviläinen makes it to the NHL I'm going to be peeved.
According to Clark and someone else on Twitter though, he pushes off the post well for his size.

Reactions: Foxtail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad