6 p.m.​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Roster

Reactions: Avs_19

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going to try to head for a couple of days, but not sure yet. If I do and they're not all stupid skating drills, I will post my thoughts. Don't plan on going to the 3v3, just so far away, but if I remember last time there will be highlights and I think somebody periscoped it. Didn't @McMetal go last year?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going to try to head for a couple of days, but not sure yet. If I do and they're not all stupid skating drills, I will post my thoughts. Don't plan on going to the 3v3, just so far away, but if I remember last time there will be highlights and I think somebody periscoped it. Didn't @McMetal go last year?

Please report back with any and all Kovalenko news. Thank you.

Reactions: S E P H

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen this yet. Wish the Avs gave a bit more notice. I could have probably made plans to see more of this.

I should at least be able to catch the "tourney."

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Probably have to wait and see. I think they had him on the D.C. roster last year too, but I seem to recall he didnt participate in everything on ice, though my memory is foggy at the moment.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Will they actually do stuff, or just skate? I might have a window to go tomorrow afternoon, but I really only want to go if they are practicing.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Looking at the Cap Roster and it's stacked.

All eight of the AVs’ 2019 draft selections — including first-round picks Bowen Byram and Alex Newhook — are on the roster. Don't see any relevant players missing.

Might be the best roster of prospects I've seen.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'll definitely make it to the event up in FoCo, that was fun last year. Probably going to the afternoon session tomorrow as well if anybody wants to meet up there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Nothing against Dario, but remember how he hyped Geertsen's skating and how good it was? Newhook is technically sound, which will make him look great in drills. Game situations at higher levels will be the real test.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nothing against Dario, but remember how he hyped Geertsen's skating and how good it was? Newhook is technically sound, which will make him look great in drills. Game situations at higher levels will be the real test.
A test he will pass with flying colors.

I actually don’t agree that he’s the best skater since Mackinnon. I think Makar is superior. But Newhook is an incredibly gifted skater. One of, if not the best from this draft. I just don’t understand the concerns. He was a better skater than everyone on the ice at the U-18’s too. The level of competition has nothing to do with how great of a skater he is.

Side note but it’s kind of funny how far he’s come. Skating is what held Newhook back when he wasn’t younger. The last 4-5 years he has gone full circle. What used to be his worst asset is now his best.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You can't say that with a straight face after watching Cale Makar. And technically, they drafted Bigras after Nate as well. For those who forgot, Bigras' skating was rated higher than Nate's.
Yeah I don’t think Newhook can skate as well as Makar either. But Bigras has nothing to do with Newhook. Newhook is an incredible skater.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
A test he will pass with flying colors.

I actually don’t agree that he’s the best skater since Mackinnon. I think Makar is superior. But Newhook is an incredibly gifted skater. One of, if not the best from this draft. I just don’t understand the concerns. He was a better skater than everyone on the ice at the U-18’s too. The level of competition has nothing to do with how great of a skater he is.

Side note but it’s kind of funny how far he’s come. Skating is what held Newhook back when he wasn’t younger. The last 4-5 years he has gone full circle. What used to be his worst asset is now his best.

I really hope you're 100% right.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yeah I don’t think Newhook can skate as well as Makar either. But Bigras has nothing to do with Newhook. Newhook is an incredible skater.

Bigras is as well. I'm just commenting on the skater part, not long terms success. IIRC Bigras's grade was 9.7, Nate's was 9.6.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00