2019 AUS Playoffs

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
They were lucky to squeak by SMU; Marchand stole the series for them .

Then you are banged up going up against a rested, motivated UNB squad?

It was never going to be pretty for X in this series.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
They were lucky to squeak by SMU; Marchand stole the series for them .

Then you are banged up going up against a rested, motivated UNB squad?

It was never going to be pretty for X in this series.

Not that it would have changed the series, but X is a different team without Holden Cooke, who has been on the USport All stars the past 3 seasons. He is the backbone on their pp unit, which is usually very efficient. Getting him back for Nationals would be priority for sure.
For UNB, it would be a big blow to lose Clapperton for Nationals, Boucher is another question mark, missing since the UPEI series.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
For UNB, it would be a big blow to lose Clapperton for Nationals, Boucher is another question mark, missing since the UPEI series.

My guess - out of the line-up to recover and not needed for the AUS finals because you're going to Nationals regardless. Also - it's not like McEwan, Watling & Carroll aren't any good. I'm pretty sure we'll see Boucher & Clapperton on the ice next week.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
My guess - out of the line-up to recover and not needed for the AUS finals because you're going to Nationals regardless. Also - it's not like McEwan, Watling & Carroll aren't any good. I'm pretty sure we'll see Boucher & Clapperton on the ice next week.
It looked to me that it was Clapperton's thigh and not knee that was injured Monday night, I said it looked more like a knee to the quad and a charlie horse possibly. He was in on the ice last night and didn't look like he was hobbling, my guess is that he will be good to go for the Nationals.

VRedsRule

Aug 26, 2008
X did not like like X this week, but I wouldn’t discount them at nationals. They have a history of letting teams carry the play yet taking the win. But they will need to up their game dramatically.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
X did not like like X this week, but I wouldn’t discount them at nationals. They have a history of letting teams carry the play yet taking the win. But they will need to up their game dramatically.
I agree. I wouldn't gauge X on their performance against UNB. They were gassed and just went through a tough 5 game series with SMU, without Cooke, who is the cornerstone of the pp unit.
With a week to rest, they will be better.
IMO, Marchand is the best goalie in the AUS and maybe USports.
We all know what a hot goalie can bring, I just wouldn't count the X-Men out.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
St FX isn’t a particularly offensively gifted team this year, especially at even strength, so their margin of error is pretty small. Obviously not having Cook makes matters even worse.

If Marchand is off his game even a little bit or their special teams aren’t sharp they are in big trouble (although that probably applies to any team).

I’ve said it all year, I’m not sure you can consistently get outplayed and outshot like they do and win a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad