2019 AUS Playoffs

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
The two players engaged that fight had a combined career statline of 0 Goals, 5 Assists in 60 AUS Games.

Reactions: AUS Fan

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Acadia with an overtime goal to send the series to a third and deciding game.
They tie it up with under 2 minutes left and win it in overtime.

I've only been able to watch the 1st period of both games, as I had stuff to do. Hope to watch the whole game Monday.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
I wonder if Holden Cook will be even more theatrical in the game in Antigonish?
Cook is a game breaker and I would expect he and Marchand will step up in game #3.
The pp is key for X and Acadia needs to shut them down. Will Tremaine be back?
Also, Floodell will need to be at the top of his game for sure in game 3, his performance in game 1 wasn't good.

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
Holden Cook is a top AUS player but I hate to see good players embellish things to try to draw a penalty. I watched Marchand throw his head back to try to draw a penalty yesterday but he was caught by officials. There was no penalty but Marchand should have got 2 minutes "Unsportsmanship" I believe.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Well, I'm not surprised to see X advance. Acadia gave them a go, but Marchand was the difference.
Same thing, get outshot, good pk, stellar goaltending and opportunistic of the rush and capitalizing off turn overs. The Studnicka goal should never have gone in!
Moving on , St FX will most likely be a harder nut to crack. Marchand is back in form and they have their pp unit back in place. A good effort from a young Acadia team with many promising recruits, Mcfadden, Stollard... They struggled throughout the regular season, but came together the last few weeks and into playoffs. I think this will go a long way for improvement into next year, when they host the University Cup. My question with Acadia, who will steer the ship? Will it still be Burnsy?
In regards to X, they have played much better in the second half, knocking off UNB and SMU.
They go through some major adversity, but look to be rounded into playoff mode. Good goaltending, the best in the AUS, their pp wasn't the best against Acadia, but IMO, only because of the suspension factor.
Their pk is solid, but in my mind they are running up against a more skilled team now in Saint Mary's.
The big question for SMU is goaltending and the Energy factor. SMU, who locked up the bye early, kinda flickered the last few games, on the flip side they are healthy and do have an edge with home ice.
With all the drama surrounding the X/Acadia series, I would think they may draw a decent crowd? Thinking back to AUS finals in 2010 against UNB when they had over 4,000 at the Forum.
I wouldn't expect those numbers, but still a decent draw.
The Red Army vs the Island:
This is UNB's to lose! They are way to skilled to be upset in this series, but we all know about the undefeated season and the quick playoff exit. It can happen.
They will definitely want to sweep the first 2 home games.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Huskies are the better team but they have been inconsistent. X is going to push them hard. I'll take SMU in 5.

Reds should have no problems dispersing with the Panthers but it may come at a price. They are a physical team and it may cost an injury. I'll take UNB in 3.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
ROUND ONE COMPLETE

Red Army East is in the lead as the only one to correctly select SFX and UPEI. Only 2, of 11, went with UPEI.

RED ARMY EAST -------- (2+1) + (2+2) = 7
--
Drummer -------------- (2+2) + (0) === 4
UNB Bruins Fan ------- (2+2) + (0) === 4
--
hockeyinsiderusports - (2+1) + (0) === 3
VRedsRule ------------ (2+1) + (0) === 3
Prov1X --------------- (0) + (2+1) === 3
Project AUS ---------- (2+1) + (0) === 3
--
Rob = 0
Big Bad Jon = 0
timbitca = 0
Dodospice = 0

ROUND TWO
The next round works as follows.
- 4pts for the correct winner
- 2pts for the correct length
- 1pt for being off by 1 on the length (eg. 3-1 vs 3-0 or 3-2 vs 3-1)

UNB in 4 | SMU in 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->