2019 Around the League V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I have one decent friend who's an Oilers fan.

A small fraction of me feels bad for him any time the Oilers shit the bed.

The rest of me finds it absolutely hilarious.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have one decent friend who's an Oilers fan.

A small fraction of me feels bad for him any time the Oilers **** the bed.

The rest of me finds it absolutely hilarious.

Daily Hive Vancouver for Facebook, they wrote an article on how the Oilers have screwed up so badly with McDavid..the responses were typical Oilers fans "we have cups and you don't"...then people replied back "what have you done for us in the past 30 years". How any fan brings up cups is an argument on how their team is now...

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Daily Hive Vancouver for Facebook, they wrote an article on how the Oilers have screwed up so badly with McDavid..the responses were typical Oilers fans "we have cups and you don't"...then people replied back "what have you done for us in the past 30 years". How any fan brings up cups is an argument on how their team is now...

I don't know how people can care about cups that came at a time when they (presumably) weren't alive.

I like other, more historically-successful franchises in sports that aren't hockey and if anything I'm upset I wasn't around for their previous championships.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I don't know how people can care about cups that came at a time when they (presumably) weren't alive.

I like other, more historically-successful franchises in sports that aren't hockey and if anything I'm upset I wasn't around for their previous championships.
Too bad wetcoaster didn’t respond with: “listen up sonny boy, I was still a senior back when the Vancouver Millionaires won the cup; let me tell you the story when I met Methuselah back when I *WAS* a youngster!”

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I'm a fan of the Oakland Raiders, they haven't won anything since 1983.
I'm not gonna use "we have Super Bowl rings and you don't" argument on anyone, it's what have you done since then...which is 1 Super Bowl appearance and tons of losing seasons.

Also a fan of the New York Giants, sure winning Super Bowls in 2007 and 2011 were nice but we stink for the past couple years outside of 2016.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can't believe Edmonton is just going to let themselves be this bad. Wasting McDavid is crazy.
Don't think there is an overnight fix for them. They have to clear out contracts and the guys who are overpaid, aren't worth anything.

Very likely that next season is a dud for them too.

Bad deals of Lucic at $6, Spooner at $3.1, Kassion at $1.95, Manning at $2.25. That's $13 million. Say what you want about Russell at $4 million and the injured Sekeras at $5.5 million. Another $9.5 million. So, that's $22.5 million for next season to go with the $21 million they pay McDavid and Drai. $40 million left to fill out the remaining roster to help McDavid.

Their projected cap next season is already at $72 million, with the Koskinen deal. About $10 million left to add a backup goalie and 5 forwards. So, 1 solid winger and a bunch of minimum or ELC guys.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Don't think there is an overnight fix for them. They have to clear out contracts and the guys who are overpaid, aren't worth anything.

Very likely that next season is a dud for them too.

Bad deals of Lucic at $6, Spooner at $3.1, Kassion at $1.95, Manning at $2.25. That's $13 million. Say what you want about Russell at $4 million and the injured Sekeras at $5.5 million. Another $9.5 million. So, that's $22.5 million for next season to go with the $21 million they pay McDavid and Drai. $40 million left to fill out the remaining roster to help McDavid.

Their projected cap next season is already at $72 million, with the Koskinen deal. About $10 million left to add a backup goalie and 5 forwards. So, 1 solid winger and a bunch of minimum or ELC guys.

Yeah, they are basically f***ed. If they keep Chiarelli all season, I will almost feel bad for them.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lucic looks like he signed up for something, then he realized it wasn't meant to be.
Sure he's collecting checks but that environment is not working for him.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lucic looks like he signed up for something, then he realized it wasn't meant to be.
Sure he's collecting checks but that environment is not working for him.

I don't think it's the environment, he's just really, really bad.

member 290103

Did anyone watch Hitchcock on AfterHours? I was a little taken aback at how casual he was about the whole Oilers' debacle. Not really what I expected. No fire at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad