Prospect Info: 2019 #98 - Matias Maccelli - LW

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Hey AZI fans! I was just wondering whether you think Maccelli will stay all year? Is it perhaps smarter to make sure he gets less than 9 games (if that even applies to him)? Here’s hoping to a future star ⭐️!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey AZI fans! I was just wondering whether you think Maccelli will stay all year? Is it perhaps smarter to make sure he gets less than 9 games (if that even applies to him)? Here’s hoping to a future star ⭐️!
Depends on who gets traded at deadline. I expect he finishes the season for sure with the Coyotes.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

9 games doesn't matter...and now that he is up, I'd expect him to remain up through the end of the year. Tucson isn't going to make the playoffs, even though they've expanded playoff system this year. Callups, injuries and covid has decimated the squad, we had 6 ECHLers playing in the last game and we're at the bottom of the standings, so no reason for him to be back in Tucson.

I'd expect him to keep on the line with Kessel/Gally until Kessel is traded and then I'm not sure who would join them on the right wing. But he's been good the 2 games he's played. Clearly has confidence and is extremely quick, stayed with MacKinnon, so I hope for him to keep getting .5 ppg through remainder of the year. Can't wait to see him replace Kessel on the #1 PP, he's way better at that seem pass which should help Keller & Schmaltz & Gostibehere to continue to score goals.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If they find a taker for Kessel and Maccelli continues to hold his own, he’s likely done in the AHL for good.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I rather they send Eriksson down than Maccelli, that is something GMBA doesn't want to do. Ideally a trade will happen before the deadline. But Maccelli needs to stay up. It's his chance to show that he has made it.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Super impressed. Last rookie to impress this much this early in the NHL was Perlini because of his shot....note to self a great shot is useless if you don't have the ability to get open to take a shot.

Macelli a completely different kind of impression as he's showing a nose for the net and defensive awareness away from the puck....along with his keen offensive abilities.

:popcorn:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think he's easily the best Coyote in traffic right now. Better than Keller even. Not afraid to get smeared along the boards to make a good play either.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think he's easily the best Coyote in traffic right now. Better than Keller even. Not afraid to get smeared along the boards to make a good play either.

Yep, more reason to give him Ritchie or Crouse 5v5 and Guenther on the PP. All the concerns I had about him last season are gone. I'm very surprised it happened this quickly. Let's see how he holds up though.

Keller-Boyd-Guenther
Maccelli-Hayton-Crouse
Ritchie-Bjud-Fischer

Feels so obvious. Put Jenik in Fischer's spot while Kassian is out.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Nice, but why only 4 shots in 10 games. 100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in.

OK, sometimes they do. :laugh:

Should've seen Claude Giroux's first from last night.

Dump ins on net > Rimming it hard around the boards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad