Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 7 | Post-Deadline Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Petro would demand 7 years at big money, would that be worth it? Considering his age and is already past or at the back end of his prime? Look at EK and Burns for example
Joe wouldn’t give him 7 years, but I imagine that’s what it would take. In that case, no, I wouldn’t sign him. He’d be a great addition, though. He’s a stud!

Reactions: Linds

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
As a big Z fan/homer...he just hasn’t been right since he gone he’s jaw broken. Plainly put he very below average, except for that 7/8 games stretch where him and G play super good and just shut down pretty much some of the best in the league.

If this is the Z we’re getting going forward; it’s sad but I also want him gone. If he isn’t bringing his psychical game then he’s just a below average D.

Hope he’s back the being smashing Z in the playoffs because he hasn’t done any smashing at all for like 40ish games now...

I don't agree with this at all. It would be one thing if Zadorov had been a reliable and consistent player, but over the course of his career here he has not been. This will be his 5th season (4th full) with the organization and that makes him one of the veterans on that blue line despite his young age. Does Bednar give him a short leash? Of course, but Z has made the situation worse with a habit of getting off to abysmal starts to the season, showing up out of shape, continuing to make poor reads and seeming to fail to grasp what is required of him as a professional athlete. He has not done himself any favors.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Drouins value has to based on what he is not the magical thinking the MacKinnon will turn him into an All Star.

Burakovsky value.

An amount that 90% of the sub will be initially outraged at, but will later be pretty happy with?

Reactions: MarkT

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yeah... they couldn't pay him what he deserves and is demanding with Grubs and Frank here.

Obviously there would be some moving parts, but I don't think it's crazy to think we could move Grubs for some assets after we sign Lehner. I get our goal tending has been fine and I'm not talking a 7 year $8+mil per, but if we could sign him to a reasonable term and dollar amount we might be set long term at that position.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Obviously there would be some moving parts, but I don't think it's crazy to think we could move Grubs for some assets after we sign Lehner. I get our goal tending has been fine and I'm not talking a 7 year $8+mil per, but if we could sign him to a reasonable term and dollar amount we might be set long term at that position.
I mean we’re already getting high end goaltending for 4mil this year and 5mil next year. Why mess with it?

Reactions: MarkT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lehner is playing his way into a 5+ year deal at over $6m per. I could see Vegas finding a way to keep him... they have no real hope of anybody coming up from the minors and Flower is awfully long in the tooth while showing signs of an impending cliff. Carolina would love to sign him too.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I mean we’re already getting high end goaltending for 4mil this year and 5mil next year. Why mess with it?

If Grubs plays lights out in playoffs then there's no need to make a move, but if he's just average to slightly below average I think you have to consider other options. A 28 year old goalie who really hasn't had a bad season since 2017/18 on a terrible Buffalo team and is going to be a free agent is worth at least exploring.

Lets say we sign him to a 4 by 6 mil and trade Grubs for assets and run with a Franky Lehner tandem the next two season and hope one of our prospects is ready to be backup by year three and take over by the end.

Reactions: milehigh11

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If Grubs plays lights out in playoffs then there's no need to make a move, but if he's just average to slightly below average I think you have to consider other options. A 28 year old goalie who really hasn't had a bad season since 2017/18 on a terrible Buffalo team and is going to be a free agent is worth at least exploring.

Lets say we sign him to a 4 by 6 mil and trade Grubs for assets and run with a Franky Lehner tandem the next two season and hope one of our prospects is ready to be backup by year three and take over by the end.
But Grub has played at least above average his entire tenure here?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Lehner is playing his way into a 5+ year deal at over $6m per. I could see Vegas finding a way to keep him... they have no real hope of anybody coming up from the minors and Flower is awfully long in the tooth while showing signs of an impending cliff. Carolina would love to sign him too.

Totally agree that he seems like a match made in heaven for the Canes. I have a very hard time seeing Vegas make the numbers work, considering they only have about 12mil next season in cap space (Assuming a 84 mil ceiling) and would still need to sign about 10 more players.

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
There was a time I would've been fine spending the sun and the moon for Zadorov. I think the injury has affected his play and his constant benchings for minor things can't help either. If we do move on from him this off season we don't really have anyone in the system that can replace his style and guys like Cole and Johnson are getting old and will suck.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
If he was still psychical smashing big Z then yes I’d would hate to see him go but as of right now I’d take Cole/Graves over him. If Z isn’t making the opponents thinking twice before going into our zone with he physicality then he’s just pretty much another 5/6 guys which we can easily replace. Just wtf happens to him...honestly Z has just been a pushover in our zone atm and that’s just sad.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Joe isn’t the type of gm to do a moving parts thing like that and sign lehner.

I do like lehner tho it just won’t happen here

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Joe isn’t the type of gm to do a moving parts thing like that and sign lehner.

I do like lehner tho it just won’t happen here

Yep...moving from Gru to Lehner isn't something you should expect from Sakic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad