Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion - Trilogy of Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't disagree with anything here. I have two fears when it comes to Chris Kreider:

1) Paying an absurd amount for him
2) Actually re-signing him

If you can avoid paying a crap ton for him, and you can avoid being the team that gives him a long-term contract, then I'm all for it.

Re-signing him isn't even a consideration for me and I hope it wouldn't be for the Avs either. It's the same as the Hall discussion where I'd just want them to pick him up as a pure rental and then let him walk.

What they'd have to give up is obviously key. I think a late first would be fine but I wouldn't add a good prospect on top of that.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
In the offseason, If Hall wants to sign with Avs, then we can get our top 6 winger for nothing. I just hope we will have enough cap room.

Hall will be overpaid this summer and whichever team he will land on will regret this signature in two years maybe even b4 that. The Avs have a young core who will ask for a huge payday in the next few upcoming seasons.They need to think about Players like Nate , Lando, Makar and so on ....

Having to carry a player like Hall ( who's his best years are probably behind him , aside for maybe 1-2 more ) is not a step in the right direction. Let him go back to Edmonton or Calgary since the rumours are that he would like to return playing in Alberta again. If they want to overpay for a soon to be over the edge player, that's their right.

as far as i'm concern , i'll pass

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hall will be overpaid this summer and whichever team he will land on will regret this signature in two years maybe even b4 that. The Avs have a young core who will ask for a huge payday in the next few upcoming seasons.They need to think about Players like Nate , Lando, Makar and so on ....

Having to carry a player like Hall ( who's his best years are probably behind him , aside for maybe 1-2 more ) is not a step in the right direction. Let him go back to Edmonton or Calgary since the rumours are that he would like to return playing in Alberta again. If they want to overpay for a soon to be over the edge player, that's their right.

as far as i'm concern , i'll pass

Hear, hear. I honestly feel one of the most exciting parts of our roster as it stands, (even when we are already one of the benchmark teams in the NHL), is the level of improvement left in us.

For me it comes down to chemistry, and trying to keep as much of THIS team together as possible.

I almost don't want any trades or acquisitions unless it's for a supplementary player.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The special teams need to improve and we need a quality top 4 Dman. Until that happens I don't see how the Avs are really winning a cup. Investing on forwards is not going to make much of a difference imo.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Hear, hear. I honestly feel one of the most exciting parts of our roster as it stands, (even when we are already one of the benchmark teams in the NHL), is the level of improvement left in us.

For me it comes down to chemistry, and trying to keep as much of THIS team together as possible.

I almost don't want any trades or acquisitions unless it's for a supplementary player.
That's what St. Louis wants us to do as well.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The special teams need to improve and we need a quality top 4 Dman. Until that happens I don't see how the Avs are really winning a cup. Investing on forwards is not going to make much of a difference imo.

Only because Girard has been a total failure

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We already have Makar, EJ is playing like a top 4, and Cole is a non-slender +/- star in this league

Exactly. We have 1 Makar and are being forced to use suboptimal blueliners to fill out the rest of the top 4 ;)

EJ's been doing well when healthy & able to skate the puck out of danger...but he's already gotten banged up once this season & has had plenty of games where he wasn't able to move the puck up ice cleanly & so spent a lot of time stuck in his own zone, icing the puck. Despite that, if I'm being serious, EJ's been playing like a top 4 guy so far...

...but that "so far" is a serious qualifier when it comes to EJ and even if Samwise was also in form this season, we'd still be a top 4 guy short; nevermind having the depth to handle growing pains from our childrens or EJ breaking again.

Reactions: hooverdam

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The level of bipolar assessment of this team goes hand in hand with how bipolar this team performs throughout the season.

My question is, do we really need to go down the f***ing rabbit hole every single time?

EJ sucks, EJ is good

Girard sucks, Girard is good

Bura sucks, Bura is good

Makar to the AHL, Makar not to the AHL

Frank is our starter, Groob is our starter

Calvert sucks, Calvert is amazing

Jost..

Graves isn't an NHL player, Graves is a top 4 D man

Zadorov is amazing, Z sucks

Get a f***ing grip people, holy shit.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The level of bipolar assessment of this team goes hand in hand with how bipolar this team performs throughout the season.

My question is, do we really need to go down the ****ing rabbit hole every single time?

EJ sucks, EJ is good

Bura sucks, Bura is good

Jost..

Get a ****ing grip people, holy ****.

I mean, it’s not really the same people saying these things.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

My question is, do we really need to go down the ****ing rabbit hole every single time?

EJ sucks, EJ is good

Bura sucks, Bura is good

Jost..

Get a ****ing grip people, holy ****.
I agree that we get polarizing opinions on many of our players. It can also be said that some of our players have consitency issues leading in part to these wild swings in appreciation.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Our top need is a top4 D. No question about that. It almost a « must have ». A 3C would be a « very nice to have ». I still can’t get why we traded Soda, and why it was for such a shitty package. Imagine our F group with Soda. Drool! Finally, a powerforward W like Kreider would be at best a « nice to have » but most probaly a « luxury we can’t afford ».

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I agree that we get polarizing opinions on many of our players. It can also be said that some of our players have consitency issues leading in part to these wild swings in appreciation.

Welcome to a young team with a bunch of players who have been in the league for all of three minutes.

The inability to be objective, and have some patience to wait and assess based on a larger picture is just at stupid levels based on some of the commentary lately.

Bunch of f***ing hot takes with a definitive tone too. Past, present, and future.

Reactions: Foppa2118 and cgf

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Welcome to a young team with a bunch of players who have been in the league for all of three minutes.

The inability to be objective, and have some patience to wait and assess based on a larger picture is just at stupid levels based on some of the commentary lately.

Bunch of ****ing hot takes with a definitive tone too. Past, present, and future.

I think it's more of a communication issue than anything else, people are taught to make absolute statements in order to get heard / their opinion across. Social media is full of it. "Best Trip Ever!" "Absolutely amazing view, nothing can compare!", this leads to regular vernacular taking on a new meaning as people apply the type of speech they know elsewhere.

I usually take it with a grain of salt that people at this moment are just down on EJ or G or Z or whomever and wait to see if they keep it up or if they let off the gas later. Z has played some really really good hockey for us, he's also had bouts of inconsistency and poor penalties. So is he awful or amazing? Neither, typical young top 4 defender for the most part. G is what, 20 or 21 years old now? Of course he's going to struggle, he shouldn't even be in the NHL yet by all means but he's just so darn smart and dynamic you can't imagine him learning elsewhere better.

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Our biggest long-term need is a #3C... top 4D would be really nice, but I can't see the Avs doing more than a patch on it. They have Byram who will be in the NHL next season, and they have Timmins who might be in the NHL as well. With EJ, G, and Makar all in the NHL now. They'll get a deadline rental of a 4/5 sort to settle things for the season (unless Byram will be available) and they'll leave it at that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think it's more just the people who aren't as high on certain players get more responses when that player is struggling, so we see more of posts about it. Than specific posters' opinions vacillating wildly from game to game.

Or maybe that's just me wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt :dunno:

Reactions: hooverdam

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think it's more just the people who aren't as high on certain players get more responses when that player is struggling, so we see more of posts about it. Than specific posters' opinions vacillating wildly from game to game.

Or maybe that's just me wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt :dunno:

Or on the flip side, people that are high on a player flood the board with praise when said player is playing well.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Our biggest long-term need is a #3C... top 4D would be really nice, but I can't see the Avs doing more than a patch on it. They have Byram who will be in the NHL next season, and they have Timmins who might be in the NHL as well. With EJ, G, and Makar all in the NHL now. They'll get a deadline rental of a 4/5 sort to settle things for the season (unless Byram will be available) and they'll leave it at that.
Vatanen, Zajac (50%) & Wood for 1st, Helleson, Jost, Rosen and Kamenev?

:dunno:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think it's more of a communication issue than anything else, people are taught to make absolute statements in order to get heard / their opinion across. Social media is full of it. "Best Trip Ever!" "Absolutely amazing view, nothing can compare!", this leads to regular vernacular taking on a new meaning as people apply the type of speech they know elsewhere.

I usually take it with a grain of salt that people at this moment are just down on EJ or G or Z or whomever and wait to see if they keep it up or if they let off the gas later. Z has played some really really good hockey for us, he's also had bouts of inconsistency and poor penalties. So is he awful or amazing? Neither, typical young top 4 defender for the most part. G is what, 20 or 21 years old now? Of course he's going to struggle, he shouldn't even be in the NHL yet by all means but he's just so darn smart and dynamic you can't imagine him learning elsewhere better.

Maybe, on the communication thing. It does seem more common these days. People don't speak to each other in an open minded tone as often. Maybe I'm getting old, but it is damn arrogant to throw your opinion out as fact based commentary.

There is a lot up in the air. I enjoy the discussions on what's going on, and what we need as a team. Or how things might end up. I just get sick of the definitive opinions people keep throwing out, and then watching it change daily based on if we won or lost the last game.

Reactions: Foppa2118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad