Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion - Trilogy of Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I know some people want a legitimate 3C as a rental but I wouldn't worry about that until the trade deadline, when some team overplays their hand and has to sell one for a meddling draft pick.

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
If we do acquire Hall, I still think it would be smart to put him on his own line.

Bura-MacK-Dong
Landy-Kadri-Rants
Hall-JTC-Calvert
Nieto-PEB-Nuke
Trading for Hall and putting him on the 3rd line would somehow justify any price we paid. The headlines and reactions would be incredible. "Avs acquire Hall to bolster 3rd line". Please let this happen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If we do acquire Hall, I still think it would be smart to put him on his own line.

Bura-MacK-Dong
Landy-Kadri-Rants
Hall-JTC-Calvert
Nieto-PEB-Nuke

I wouldn't even blame him if he immediately asked for a trade if they tried to make him play with Compher and Calvert heading into free agency.

I'd consider playing next to Kadri as Hall's own line. He's a good playmaker and can help Kadri and Burakovsky/Donskoi.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He's shown in the past that he's not great at using his linemates, and can have just as much of an impact being a solo act as being on a stacked line.

I can kind of understand what you’re trying here, but it won’t happen. We aren’t paying the price for Hall and putting him with Compher and Calvert for 3 months before he walks.

If we get Hall, one of Bura or Donk goes to the 3rd line.

It’s that simple, IMO.

Reactions: Avs_19
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I wouldn't even blame him if he immediately asked for a trade if they tried to make him play with Compher and Calvert heading into free agency.

I'd consider playing next to Kadri as Hall's own line. He's a good playmaker and can help Kadri and Burakovsky/Donskoi.

I can kind of understand what you’re trying here, but it won’t happen. We aren’t paying the price for Hall and putting him with Compher and Calvert for 3 months before he walks.

If we get Hall, one of Bura or Donk goes to the 3rd line.

It’s that simple, IMO.

I definitely understand where you guys are coming from, and realistically, I don't think he'd get put on the third line. I'm just stating my opinion from a pure line up efficiency standpoint.

If we did get Hall, I would think he gets put next to Kadri. Based on the chemistry that Donskoi and MacKinnon have, I think the top two lines would look like:

Donskoi-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Hall-Kadri-Landeskog

Reactions: Avs_19

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lil' Bert is Detroit's best scorer this year.

tyler-bertuzzi-2019-34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad