Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Some players, despite their talent, just don't jive into teams. Subban is one of those types. I think he's regressed from where he was, but he'd still be a good player to have for the rest of his contract. Not a real good fit here with EJ in pretty much the same shoes with age, regression, contract.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
See...that's you agenda speaking again. You don't care if Subban screws up the chemistry, you see "the bigger picture" and want to change the NHL.

Yeah, that's me, the radical progressive who doesn't think racism in hockey is okay and believes that Subban maybe isn't a bad guy. :laugh: What a nefarious agenda! :scared:

You of course completely ignore the other point I made, which is that big, egomaniacal jerks in sports is nothing new, and yet many, many teams had no issues winning games and championships. That's the complete opposite of "changing" the culture.

Reactions: cgf

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Some players, despite their talent, just don't jive into teams. Subban is one of those types. I think he's regressed from where he was, but he'd still be a good player to have for the rest of his contract. Not a real good fit here with EJ in pretty much the same shoes with age, regression, contract.

Just trade those futures for Hall and swap EJ for PK. :sarcasm:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Boy if the Avs could swap EJ for PK I'd be all for it, especially if the Devils retained.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This is where my ongoing concerns about how well the Avs are drafting and developing talent are rearing their ugly head again.

It'd be great if the Avs had a number of middle-tier prospects they could use in a trade, much like Philly does now. But I don't think they do. It's basically Newhook, Byram, and Timmins, and a whole lotta chaff. Kaut and Bowers are hurt and I just don't know who else even qualifies.
Timmins was drafted in middle tier position, but he’s managed the become anything but a middle tier prospect. He had to screw it all up being good.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Columbus has some attractive pieces, no doubt about that. A lot of beef.

LD Ryan Murray
• 26 years old
• 6’1” 206 lbs.
• $4.6m x 2y
• 18-1-3-4, 19:56 ATOI
RD David Savard
• 29 years old
• 6’2” 229 lbs.
• $4.25m x 2y
• 26-0-4-4, 19:38 ATOI
C Boone Jenner
• 26 years old
• 6’2” 208 lbs.
• $3.75m x 3y
• 26-6-3-9, 16:42 ATOI, 53% FO
RW Josh Anderson
• 25 years old
• 6’3” 222 lbs.
• $1.85m x 1y (RFA)
• 20-1-2-3, 16:25 ATOI​

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Subban very clearly doesn’t fit in dressing rooms. He seems like an all round good guy personally, but some people just don’t fit well and he’s a prime example. Just a month ago he caused a stir in his own dressing room while the Devils were on like an 8 game losing streak and Subban was blasting his social media with his new YouTube page of content all about him. And I mean that’s cool, you’re a huge name and a content wizard. Good for you to create your own brand and self image to promote. But pick a better time dude. Your career is the NHL and perhaps you should focus on that while your team is losing 8 and a row and you’re a big reason why. It’ll pick up again and when it does maybe that will be a good time to drop some content. This stirred a lot of feathers in the Devils room.

The Montreal thing was real. I don’t know to what extend but he didn’t fit there. This video which just so happens to be the most cringeworthy on the Internet is a good example.

He has personality. Which is often good. But sometimes there is a such thing as too much. Especially in a hockey dressing room where the guys are known as quiet, low key people.

Plus to top it off he has fallen off a cliff. He has that great shot but he’s not getting too PP time here. He doesn’t skate well. He isn’t very good defensively. I hope he succeeds wherever his career continues because I think he’s such a good person, but a dressing room that’s clicking as well as ours doesn’t need someone with a personality that large. Those guys tend to try to take over the room. Our room doesn’t need that. Our salary cap doesn’t need his hit and quite frankly, our on ice product doesn’t need today’s current version of PK Subban.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Montreal thing was real. I don’t know to what extend but he didn’t fit there.

Of course it was. The locker room was split because of his antics and many, many sources confirmed it. It's pretty disconnected to believe that it was made up by the GM. Subban was a huge star in Montreal, they didn't trade him for fun.

Subban was/is a huge distraction, period.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Ducks are starting to fall apart:

Byram + 1st + B level prospect

for

Rakell + Manson

Who says no?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hynes is about the most average coach there is, and he's clearly lost that team... when that happens disaster strikes. Not good enough to counteract and help the team in any way.

Yeah, that appears to be the case. I'm frankly kinda shocked Shero hasn't pulled the trigger already. I guess he's doing what Fletcher did in Minnesota with Yeo--Try and give him better goaltending and see how they fare.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Makes me so uncomfortable. Patches probably didn’t fit there either. I’m not putting all the blame on Subban but he definitely contributed

He has a personality, which inherently requires some finessing from a coach and a team's leadership core...but I've always felt like he suffered from being the biggest name on his teams instead of getting to be more of the out-going Robin to someone else's Cap'n Serious.

This isn't to say that he didn't try really hard to rise to the leadership role his game thrust him into in Montreal...just that I always felt like he would've gotten so much less s*** if that team had an even better star upfront; to take all of the best-player-BS for which PK's (oft corny as hell) personality could be too much for some team-mates.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Speaking of toxic personalities...

Looking forward to Merkley being on the Sharks roster.

I 100% believe that he will be that way in the NHL too. He's going to be a high-end, nearing elite player that bounces around the league. A difference between him and Subban is that Merkley won't be all that liked by fans.

Raw talent wise, Merkley might be the most talented defensemen drafted in the past 5 seasons... he's just a complete handful and problem. I thought the second the Sharks drafted him that they'd be best suited to throw him into the NHL and learn from that leadership group while it was still there. By the time he's on the Sharks, they'll all be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad