Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Texas Stars Thread

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Gimme Samuel Fagemo, Blake Murray, or Justin Bergeron. I don’t mind the potential of losing this years 1st because 25-60 is all so close.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I've incorrectly stated that in a couple different threads that Gavin Bayreuther requires waivers next season. He doesn't. That's good news for the Texas Stars. Shapiro mentioned he was waiver exempt, and I saw on Cap Friendly that it was confirmed.

Reactions: joshik

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
so
Hanley- Bay
Heat-Gleason
Nyberg-Cecconi
thats pretty good we dont need anyone (all in top 4 are LD that could be problem)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The state of the Texas Stars D suggests a trade is coming, especially with Scarlett getting a contract. Right now you have something like ....

Djuse-Fedin
Hanley-Cecconi
Gleason-Bayreuther
Heatherington-Scarlett
Nyberg-Vala

Cecconi reportedly will be healthy enough for camp.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If you put Gurianov in the NHL ... it's still difficult to balance the talent among forwards.

Mersch-Dowling-Kiviranta
Robertson-Kero-Felhaber
Mascherin-L'Esperance-Caamano
Tufte-Gardner-Melnick

I think I'd prefer McClure over Melnick though.

That 3rd line is borderline 1st line for many AHL teams. Robertson and Felhaber could probably benefit from a veteran center like Kero. I didn't want to split up Mascherin and Caamano because they've played well together. Same for Mersch and Dowling.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Honestly can't wait to purchase AHL Live. Every single shift of every D pair and line should have some exciting Dallas talent on it.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is it crazy to imagine Tufte not being a regular on the AHL roster, or am I just being too hard on him now?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fantastic AHL player who never quite had the tools to make it to the NHL. He did have an impact on the big Stars by helping the teams prospects though. Last season he was clearly no longer able to make a big impact for Texas so him retiring isn't unexpected .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
2nd one was aparently on Gleason. Thats more worrying . Point and Sholl won't play much in the AHL .

Laxdall said he mostly wants to try out the ECHL guys for now so they're not exactly looking like they plan on not starting the year there.

________

Feb 6, 2006

lines yesterday

Tonight's lines:
Mersch-Kero-Mascherin
Kiviranta-Felhaber-L'Esperance
Tufte-Melnick-McClure
Cuglietta-MacKay-Calderone

Heatherington-Scarlett
Gleason-Bayreuther
Nyberg-Djuse

Coach Laxdal challenged Melnick this morning to up his game, "I took the challenge quite literally. He just wanted me to be solid on pucks and try to win every puck battle."

Parker MacKay also had a solid third period. Laxdal noted, "He's a guy who, when the game is on the line, he elevates his game. He's going to be part of our group moving forward as a shutdown winger and provide a little bit of offense."

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Holy cow that Texas squad will be interesting to watch. Super young team this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seems to me Texas is missing speed. Last year Hintz und Gurianov would just fly past everybody at will pretty much every game they played and created a ton of chances this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad