2019-2020 Tank Thread

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Time to give the young guys more of a chance. Harkins as second line centre. It may fail but that’s what we want.

I can't remember, did Roslovic ever get a decent trial with good wingers?

I still can't cheer for a loss but I can prefer going with a lineup intended to see what we have in some of the young guys. I'd rather lose with them than with Shaw, Shore, Bitetto and Beaulieu.

Not exactly a young guy but lets give Chibisov a shot too. He is a pending UFA. Lets find out if he can play in the NHL before he is gone.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
yeah, Rangers with 3 games in hand, Wild with 2.

Jets next 3 games- Blues, Sens, Blackhawks

Rangers next 3 - Leafs, Sabres, Kings

Wild next 3 - Canucks, Stars, Avalanche

7 is within reach.

Edit: Going by last 10, everyone except Detroit and LAK is gaining on us.

Reactions: untouchable21

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I can't remember, did Roslovic ever get a decent trial with good wingers?

I still can't cheer for a loss but I can prefer going with a lineup intended to see what we have in some of the young guys. I'd rather lose with them than with Shaw, Shore, Bitetto and Beaulieu.

Not exactly a young guy but lets give Chibisov a shot too. He is a pending UFA. Lets find out if he can play in the NHL before he is gone.
No but Roslo can’t handle being a top 6 winger hoping Harkins and Apple are better in D zone.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
We're picking 10th right now in terms of Points%. Who's going to pass us? Montreal maybe. Minnesota...possibly?
Maybe, odds take a significant jump at that #9 spot. We need to get out of the 10 spot. Mon, MN, Buff and even SJ could realistically pass us

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Oh don't worry we will win 8 of our last 10 games to draft outside the top 10....It's how we roll

Agreed this team likes to string together wins when it no longer matters.

Just when teams below us are gathering points and aiming to drop us lower, our Jets come up with a great performance to grab a win themselves.

stuck in a state of purgatory. Above the below but below the upper teams.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Agreed this team likes to string together wins when it no longer matters.

Just when teams below us are gathering points and aiming to drop us lower, our Jets come up with a great performance to grab a win themselves.

stuck in a state of purgatory. Above the below but below the upper teams.
Lots of bad teams won today like NJ. At least we are seeing that Harkins and Apple get their chances and make the most of them.

Reactions: untouchable21

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Thinking about everyone in here, I went and ran the sim

Screenshot_20200207-210707~2.png

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Looks like the NHL has brought in the big anti-tank gun: the schedule maker. Over two weeks of crap opponents between now and the TDL to help the team get out of the doldrums. I expect they will be back in a playoff spot at that time and our intrepid GM will again follow the playbook and be a buyer. Get everyone's hopes raised again and...

hE49D203A

BTW, I'm not much of a car guy. Was that a Chevy it landed on? :laugh:

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Looks like the NHL has brought in the big anti-tank gun: the schedule maker. Over two weeks of crap opponents between now and the TDL to help the team get out of the doldrums. I expect they will be back in a playoff spot at that time and our intrepid GM will again follow the playbook and be a buyer. Get everyone's hopes raised again and...

hE49D203A

BTW, I'm not much of a car guy. Was that a Chevy it landed on? :laugh:
Yes this is a big opportunity to lose some valuable ground.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad