2019-2020 Tank Thread

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'll be interested in seeing how the team plays (effort wise) down the stretch, if they think this is the plan.
That may play a role in which way they go at the deadline.
What's the dialogue / approach in the room if this is the plan?
I don't think they shed salaries unless they continue on a prolonged losing streak. There are 5 games left until the TD which could tip it one way or the other.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
We can't trade away our 1st. The only way we'll stay competitive long term is to keep the cupboards full.
I am in favour of trading our 1st next year if we are near the top of league standings.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Never posted in the tank thread before, but now that Little and Buff are gone, I believe our fate is sealed. Without a #2C, #1D, #4 D and lacking the toughness required in the playoffs, Chevy needs to strategically accumulate draft picks and cap space for next season and beyond.
Will be interesting to see how Maurice motivates the team over the next month.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I don't think they shed salaries unless they continue on a prolonged losing streak. There are 5 games left until the TD which could tip it one way or the other.

I figured that's where you were going -
Next 5 will be interesting - how bad do we want in?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I just knew Chevy was going to go and f*ck up a perfectly good tank. :ha:

Might have been premature on this. Jets could get burned on this move. :nod:

tenor.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Might have been premature on this. Jets could get burned on this move. :nod:

tenor.gif
Just curious on how a current player who is a marginal upgrade on our 4th line is a net current loss in the standings over a 3rd or 4th round pick 16 months from now? Would that future pick add or subtract from this season's point totals :sarcasm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just curious on how a current player who is a marginal upgrade on our 4th line is a net current loss in the standings over a 3rd or 4th round pick 16 months from now? Would that future pick add or subtract from this season's point totals :sarcasm:

Have you considered the possibility that Maurice may use him higher up than the 4th line, causing a better player to be dropped down?
Have you considered the possibility (see Aavco Cup tweet) that this move may give Chevy the perceived flexibility to trade a better forward for a defenseman that may not be as good as Chevy thinks he is?

Anytime this team brings in a Gud Pro veteran, it gives me cause for concern. But that's fine. Let's see how this plays out over the next few days to the TDL, and through the end of the season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Have you considered the possibility that Maurice may use him higher up than the 4th line, causing a better player to be dropped down?
Have you considered the possibility (see Aavco Cup tweet) that this move may give Chevy the perceived flexibility to trade a better forward for a defenseman that may not be as good as Chevy thinks he is?

Anytime this team brings in a Gud Pro veteran, it gives me cause for concern. But that's fine. Let's see how this plays out over the next few days to the TDL, and through the end of the season.
Yeah that his stretching to fit a narrative. He isn't being slotted into the top 6, and I'm guessing 2015 isn't being split up so the most likely by far is he competes with Shore, Bourque, Shaw for 4th line minutes. Once we start getting players back the weakest of that bottom group gets dropped down. Not sure how adding a upgrade over our worst players makes us weaker?

Beavski24

Aug 10, 2012
Calgary
Sorry but it is near impossible to tank with wheeler schief KC Ehlers Laine on the roster all going to get over 70pts if we get into the wild card and get to play crossover might go very well for this team

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Tank was on hold as we played non playoff teams (Rangers Sens Hawks Kings Sharks ) This was the softest part of our schedule The rest of the games are against playoff team except one with the Sabres The next two weeks with the new recruits will determine if we fall or hold on to a wildcard spot. I cannot see us gaining any ground against the top 3 in central.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah that his stretching to fit a narrative. He isn't being slotted into the top 6, and I'm guessing 2015 isn't being split up so the most likely by far is he competes with Shore, Bourque, Shaw for 4th line minutes. Once we start getting players back the weakest of that bottom group gets dropped down. Not sure how adding a upgrade over our worst players makes us weaker?

I am curious to see the utilization. My guess is Cody will only have a cup of coffee on the 4th line if any. Paul will want to play him on the 3rd line at a minimum. 2015 has a had a few good games but Cody will take priority over Apples and Harkins in Paul’s world. Time will tell I guess, I am going to keep an open mind and see how this comes together.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I am curious to see the utilization. My guess is Cody will only have a cup of coffee on the 4th line if any. Paul will want to play him on the 3rd line at a minimum. 2015 has a had a few good games but Cody will take priority over Apples and Harkins in Paul’s world. Time will tell I guess, I am going to keep an open mind and see how this comes together.

I recall when Letestu and Bourque were seen as depth signings destined for the Moose, and there was no cause for concern. With Maurice, there is always cause for concern. But hey, what am I complaining about? This is the tank thread. :nod:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Let’s just call it a year and a GREAT draft selection opportunity.

This medaling around the Wildcard with teams all around us with games at hand, we are dead.

Watch us get crushed by the Caps on Tuesday now as well!
Ovi with a pair unlike anyone on this roster currently.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Less than 2,5 months and Laine finally gets to play for a good coach and a good system and show everybody how good he is when used in the right way

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

So, now with a little hindsight, how does this look? Another game scoring 1 goal. Another loss. 2015 line broken up. Hmmmm?

At least Chevy didn't spend any more.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Very, very sad with how far and fast this team has sunk. And then Maurice gets an extension :banghead::banghead::banghead:

On a positive note the Jets are likely to be drafting top 10 and Chevy has proven to be real good at drafting high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad