2019-2020 Tank Thread

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
and by the way jets wont win the lottery twice......

well, statistically we have 12.5% chance, so never say never

it’s like every time you flip a coin, it’s always 50% H/T each flip

it’s simply up to chance. If Chicago can win, we can at the very least have a very good player in the top 10

we’ve been very good at our top 10 picks, and the org will pick someone solid

Reactions: DRC and Halberdier

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Yeah, I just don't think a trade like that will be available. You also gotta think that if the Jets draft Laf, teams around the league will know they're desperate for a center (and have a surplus of wingers), so they'll make them overpay for someone that'll probably wind up being mediocre.

Whereas, the Jets could just make things really simple; draft Byfield, and be absolutely set at center (and wing) for a long time coming.

Just imagine a top six of...

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Byfield - Ehlers

Gives me goose pimples just thinking about it.

oh my. I like.

the trick is, if we get first OA, you just gotta draft Laf. He’s too good not to pick. One of those pick him and solve the other issues out as they come type of thing. He can elevate a line himself , at least that’s my expectation

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
well, statistically we have 12.5% chance, so never say never

it’s like every time you flip a coin, it’s always 50% H/T each flip

it’s simply up to chance. If Chicago can win, we can at the very least have a very good player in the top 10
we’ve been very good at our top 10 picks, and the org will pick someone solid

i agree jets will get a good pick wherever the pick, but its how they manage the picks that seems to be of a concern

Reactions: roccerfeller

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Jets now in 9th draft slot. So will pick 1st, 9th or 10th.

If Min somehow makes a comeback and wins their series, we’ll be guaranteed either 1st or 9th draft slot.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
why would do something like that fill a hole and then create another hole...where r u gonna get a goal scorer like laine in a trade
Won’t need Laine with Laf, Connor and Ehlers already on the team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Congrats to tank Nation. This was a good week for you. Hopefully it keeps getting better Monday.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Congrats to tank Nation. This was a good week for you. Hopefully it keeps getting better Monday.

I can't consider it a successful tank unless we achieve our ultimate goal. Picking at 9 or 10, we're just spinning our wheels. Or treads.

ForsakenSlushyAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I can't consider it a successful tank unless we achieve our ultimate goal. Picking at 9 or 10, we're just spinning our wheels. Or treads.

ForsakenSlushyAlleycat-size_restricted.gif

ok that Tank getting stuck in the mud is money!! 1st would be great but 12.5 is a real long shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad