Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion, part quattro

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I disagree on this one. Kreider is a primo asset seeing how his cap is low and he drives play at an elite level. He's going to be a coveted trade target and I think NY is gonna get a lot more for Kreider than they will for Namestnikov.
I meant cap hit. I honestly don't care about giving a higher pick for Kreider, I think he's worth it and we're in win now mode.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Exactly. This is one of the reasons I think DW is probably in on this. It's an opportunity to take advantage of a team that is desperate to shed cap. Kreider may come cheaper than we think, the Rangers are in a position where they will most likely need to move him as it will be next to impossible for them to re-sign him, they need the space for Trouba. As it stands they will probably need to part with two players, maybe more. They have young forwards that can cover the loss of Kreider, in addition to Panarin. Names could be moved as well, the other names they could move would be much harder, Strome, Staal, and Shattenkirk. Also, keep in mind that in addition to Trouba they need to re-sign Buchnevich( 20 goal scorer) and Deangelo.

Buchnevich had 38 points in 64 games and has scored 40+ points in the previous season. DeAngelo is a D-man who had 30 points in 61 games. I am guessing they both make 2M+. Trouba makes atleast 6M assuming he gets a 10% raise for a year deal. I don't see him settle for anything under 7M for a long term deal.

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I think moving Dell isn't exactly doable at this stage. The only two teams that may have a desire at this point to bring in a goalie is Florida and Columbus and even they have five goalies in their organization with young goalies that they probably want to give a shot at the backup spot. I think the Sharks are stuck with Dell at this point. If they're going to cut anyone out, it's going to be Dillon or Karlsson.

Sabres might be an easy sell. Same for the Devs. I wish Doug would have thrown Dell in with Braun weeks ago.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Buchnevich had 38 points in 64 games and has scored 40+ points in the previous season. DeAngelo is a D-man who had 30 points in 61 games. I am guessing they both make 2M+. Trouba makes atleast 6M assuming he gets a 10% raise for a year deal. I don't see him settle for anything under 7M for a long term deal.
And they have 7M in capspace. Rangers need to move players. Kreider is at 4.625M and is easily movable, Names makes 4M and is easily movable. The rest are varying degrees of tough to move.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
And they have 7M in capspace. Rangers need to move players. Kreider is at 4.625M and is easily movable, Names makes 4M and is easily movable. The rest are varying degrees of tough to move.

Yeah the Staal and Shattenkirk contracts are really bad. So is Bredan Smith's. I think Shattenkirk could be moved at 50% retention .. maybe.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I did not realize the cap crunch Rangers are in. They have Trouba, Buchnevich, DeAngelo to re-sign with only 7M left in cap space. Brendan Lemieux is an RFA but I bet he does not make that much or even gets re-signed.

It depends on what they get to do with Buchnevich and DeAngelo honestly. Trouba's number is going to be in the 7-7.5 mil range. That whole 7 mil number though comes with 13 forwards and 6 d-men. If you sign those four guys, you're cutting some of them out like Adam Fox and Libor Hajek if you can't trade Shattenkirk and/or Smith and then probably Beleskey and Andersson being sent down for the forwards. They still need to clear some room but it's not that dire.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Yeah the Staal and Shattenkirk contracts are really bad. So is Bredan Smith's. I think Shattenkirk could be moved at 50% retention .. maybe.
Yep. I think they see Kreider as someone they can't afford to re-sign who is replaceable from within. He'd also give them the best return.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sabres might be an easy sell. Same for the Devs. I wish Doug would have thrown Dell in with Braun weeks ago.

Sabres have Hutton and will almost certainly re-sign Ullmark. I don't see why they'd be sold on Dell. Devils have Schneider and Blackwood. They're good in net next year.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yep. I think they see Kreider as someone they can't afford to re-sign who is replaceable from within. He'd also give them the best return.

I actually was reading some of their posts about Kreider. They really like him but think:

- He has great physical tools but not the toolbox to go with it. Main reason he has never really 'broken out'.
- He is going to want 7M+ in the next contract which they cannot afford.

I was really surprised that a lot of Rangers fans were so hard on him. But it maybe a coping mechanism, in case he is gone.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I think Dell is movable, but you may be forced to pay to send him away in the form of like a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Florida might be a good place to send Dell. I think they have Bobrovsky and Montembault and you'd think they'd rather have Montembault develop in the AHL than sit as back up

Possibly but they're in a cap crunch situation after their free agency splashes. They have 5.4 mil in cap space with 10 forwards, 6 d-men, and 1 goalie signed. Adding Dell to take 1.9 mil of that cap space when their skater RFA's project at combining for about 3.5 mil while still needing two more forwards which at minimum is 1.4 mil is going to be tough to do without them sending money back or finding another deal to do it for them. Could see Pysyk going as a money move but doing that and bringing in Dell from us seems like a stretch to me. Montembault could use some more seasoning but then again it's possible Florida doesn't care about their backup after spending 10 mil on Bob. lol

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Those are really interesting stats. I had no idea his impact was that great.

My obsession with him is that he is big and fast, scores on the rush, and is great in front of the net. We have two elite right handed first-pass defensemen and he plays left wing and is a lefty, which is a winning combination for rush chances. Plus, with Pavelski gone, we need a good net front presence and someone willing and able to take a beating and get into the soft spots (like Pavs used to be elite at).

Check his goals from last year. He would be a great fit on this team

I was convinced that he was going to complete the hat trick in that game against us.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Gambrell and Suomela resigned... Gambrell's is a two year deal... I wonder what the numbers are and whether they are 2-way deals. Would he need to clear waivers to get sent to the AHL?

I assume its 800k per year.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Florida might be a good place to send Dell. I think they have Bobrovsky and Montembault and you'd think they'd rather have Montembault develop in the AHL than sit as back up

Yeah, develop him to replace Bob when his contract is up :sarcasm:

But seriously, we should trade Dell to the Blue Jackets so they can have an experienced back up for, uh, Korpisalo lol

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Gambrell and Suomela resigned... Gambrell's is a two year deal... I wonder what the numbers are and whether they are 2-way deals. Would he need to clear waivers to get sent to the AHL?

I assume its 800k per year.
Capfriendly has them both at 700k and waiver exempt. One way deals, which honestly doesn't mean much as they can be buried. Incentive for the players to re-sign on cheap "prove it" deals.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think we've signed pretty much all the RFAs at this point. So now we're looking at spots for Jumbo/Marleau/etc with ~4.7m

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Capfriendly has us at 50/50 contracts, who is going back to juniors?
Emond, Merkley, Kotkov, Knyazev are the 4 eligible to go back. Not sure how that works in the short term though. Can they be sent back to junior before camp starts but still participate in camp? I’d like the two D-Men to get as much time in camp as possible, but we need multiple contract slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad