Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion, part quattro

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
What a shitty day in Bay Area sports. Captain Joe is going to a rival, Durant is gone to the Nets. What’s next — Thornton deciding to join Tampa so he can be close to his retirement home once he retires with 5 titles at 48 years of age?

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Just me or is Donskoi being severely overrated nationally? Dude went almost what 50 games without a goal? Good skater and stick handler but has yet to show any consistency.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Just me or is Donskoi being severely overrated nationally? Dude went almost what 50 games without a goal? Good skater and stick handler but has yet to show any consistency.

My biggest issue with him was that any small push and he'd go flying/lose the puck, he's not that strong, constantly got smoked.

I'd love to bring back Nyquist for cheap, I know some weren't impressed with him but I feel he played better once he got adjusted in SJ, he was solid in the playoffs imo, had some great defensive plays and smart zone plays

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
My biggest issue with him was that any small push and he'd go flying/lose the puck, he's not that strong, constantly got smoked.

I'd love to bring back Nyquist for cheap, I know some weren't impressed with him but I feel he played better once he got adjusted in SJ, he was solid in the playoffs imo, had some great defensive plays and smart zone plays

Regarding Nyquist I find it really strange that there have been little to no rumors about him. All the other guys in his tier have been rumored to go to one team or another.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Regarding Nyquist I find it really strange that there have been little to no rumors about him. All the other guys in his tier have been rumored to go to one team or another.

I’m wondering if it’s because he’s re-signing with the Sharks, or has been told by DW that they want him back but to give him a minute to work things out. It would make sense why there’s no news (he isn’t actively shopping) and why the only news there IS is that other teams are interested.

He likes it here, he’s friends with EK and we likely need him. I think there’s an okay chance he’s back.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I’m wondering if it’s because he’s re-signing with the Sharks, or has been told by DW that they want him back but to give him a minute to work things out. It would make sense why there’s no news (he isn’t actively shopping) and why the only news there IS is that other teams are interested.

He likes it here, he’s friends with EK and we likely need him. I think there’s an okay chance he’s back.

With Pavs pretty much confirmed gone, I think there is a decent chance that Nyquist returns. Wouldn't surprise me either way .. LOL.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
DW doesn't want to give up that extra pick, I think they owe another 2ndnifnhe resigns

He may not prefer to do it but he knowns how Nyquist fits in with the team. He is a known quantity who has stated that he liked it here. May be able to get some kind of 'friendly' deal done. Whatever friendly means nowadays .. :D

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That could very well mean he's negotiating with the dentist. Any player you're not hearing rumors about may very well be in discussion with DW. Pretty sure when DW signed Boedker and Ward there were no rumors in the days before. Came out of nowhere.

I loved Nyqvist BTW but as others have stated, that extra pick probably kills a resigning.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
That could very well mean he's negotiating with the dentist. Any player you're not hearing rumors about may very well be in discussion with DW. Pretty sure when DW signed Boedker and Ward there were no rumors in the days before. Came out of nowhere.

I loved Nyqvist BTW but as others have stated, that extra pick probably kills a resigning.

We cannot look at that as an 'extra' pick anymore. It's basically like trading for a signed Nyquist for a 2nd. May not be preferable but it gives us a valid option in the top-6 assuming we can make the cap space.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Have you guys talked about Marcus Johannson? I think any available swedish players have to be on the Sharks radar now that EK65 is here long term. Looks like he's another LW so not sure how that would work out but his numbers when healthy put him just below Nyqvist.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It’s not like the Karlsson deal. The nyquist trade was for a 2nd and conditional 3rd. It just upgrades to a 2nd if we re-sign him. It’s worth it for a top six forward in his 20’s if we can get him at a reasonable AAV.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
We cannot look at that as an 'extra' pick anymore. It's basically like trading for a signed Nyquist for a 2nd. May not be preferable but it gives us a valid option in the top-6 assuming we can make the cap space.
I don't disagree, just playing DW advocate. I'm fine to trade all the picks for good players this season. If we got rid over our remains picks next draft and our 1st the next year for a team that has enough depth and talent to win the cup this season and challenge next, I would be just fine with that.:laugh:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
It’s not like the Karlsson deal. The nyquist trade was for a 2nd and conditional 3rd. It just upgrades to a 2nd if we re-sign him. It’s worth it for a top six forward in his 20’s if we can get him at a reasonable AAV.
Saying he's in his 20s is a little misleading... He turns 30 prior to this next season. Still point taken, and yes, totally worth it for him IMO.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

It’s not even just a 2nd. It’s an upgrade from a 2nd to a 3rd. It really shouldn’t even be a consideration for signing him IMO.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Zucker does have the makings of another situation ripe for DW to take advantage of. That situation is far from tenable much longer in MIN with the fiasco he has been through. Have to think that lowers the asking price as the season nears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany