Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Senators Prospects Watch Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Idk, Soogard had a great start and great finish, but really struggled in the middle of the year. Both guys are still young and have a lot of runnway before we really know what they are, but Soogard has very good tools.

I just never saw much in limited viewings of Mandolese before this season. Having seen more now, I see why the team picked him. Great to see him have success.

ness180

Jan 27, 2012
I really thought he’d turn pro. I guess he feels like he’s got some unfinished business
I’d definitely say there is unfinished business with how the pandemic ended sports. UND had a really good team in 2019-2020 and a real shot of hanging a banner but they didn’t even get the chance to.

UND’s 2020-2021 team is going to be stacked as a lot of players are returning as well as a good incoming recruiting class. They want a chance at winning a national championship. I think the only player UND is waiting to hear on is Shane Pinto as he hasn’t officially announced if he’s returning.

Now I just hope by October, things will be less chaotic and uncertain...

Reactions: innocent bystander

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d definitely say there is unfinished business with how the pandemic ended sports. UND had a really good team in 2019-2020 and a real shot of hanging a banner but they didn’t even get the chance to.

UND’s 2020-2021 team is going to be stacked as a lot of players are returning as well as a good incoming recruiting class. They want a chance at winning a national championship. I think the only player UND is waiting to hear on is Shane Pinto as he hasn’t officially announced if he’s returning.

I take this to assume he isn’t ready for the AHL or the NHL which is a little disappointing.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Good point. Sanderson is going to step right in and be a star. Kleven should be a solid defender for them as a freshman too. I've been pushing for Pinto to turn pro, but given the circumstances I wouldn't mind seeing him going back and chasing a title. But like you said, hopefully things are calmed down enough by then for some kind of normalcy in sports.

Reactions: ness180

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good to see that Kastelic got signed, my guess is that he will likely play in Belleville, but even if he does get some time in the ECHL that won't hurt his development. I think he is already too good for the ECHL but we'll see. Mandolese IMO will also get signed & it's much more likely that he starts his pro career in the ECHL (Brampton). Good to see some things are slowly getting done.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I wonder if this relates to Tychonick looking for another school

Also likely pushes back JBD's rookie season to 2022
Possibly but it may also be because Matt Kiersted is coming back. With Kiersted and Tychonick being left shot D it probably keeps Tychonick in a smaller role.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I've been re-watching Belleville's games from this season on my days off, probably will end up doing scouting reports/grades. But one guy that continuously impresses me is Abramov. He doesn't get a lot of hype, but man is he ever skilled. I don't think he'll be able to carry a line in the NHL but he does a lot of the little things right. Really good fore checker, goes to the net hard, crazy good hands, great vision/puck distribution, decent shot/release. D-zone coverage could use some work but I think it is a systems issue more than a specifically him problem. Belleville tends to collapse the wingers down low and leave the points open.

I can see him being a top 6 winger if he can round out his game defensively

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I've been re-watching Belleville's games from this season on my days off, probably will end up doing scouting reports/grades. But one guy that continuously impresses me is Abramov. He doesn't get a lot of hype, but man is he ever skilled. I don't think he'll be able to carry a line in the NHL but he does a lot of the little things right. Really good fore checker, goes to the net hard, crazy good hands, great vision/puck distribution, decent shot/release. D-zone coverage could use some work but I think it is a systems issue more than a specifically him problem. Belleville tends to collapse the wingers down low and leave the points open.

I agree on that. In every game I watch him play he just seems to always find a way to get the puck, and the play, to the other team's net. Whether he's using his skill or just driving the net the play seems to often end up around the other team's net. With a little more strength/explosiveness I think he could be a very good NHLer.

Reactions: NB613

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Double

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

I, for one, would appreciate some Belleville scouting reports if you get around to it.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad