Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hmm, now that the Stars are playing for the Championship, I wonder if they give another game to Otter rather than alternate back to Point for his second start. I also hope Detroit wins out just so we get their announcers for the game.

Otter is starting for the championship game.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think we all can agree on Kiviranta though.

I have no doubt he makes the team. Him and Oettinger have been our best players.
He’s been great , however , I think it’s between him and guryanov for a top 9 roll . I don’t think he will be suited for the 4th line or sitting in the stands . I don’t see guryanov going back down , so, likely he will be playing a key role for Texas with lots of minutes and will be a good call up option IMO.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
One guy who has surprised me has been gardener . He’s another guy who does all the little things right and I could really see him being an nhl player .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
One guy who has surprised me has been gardener . He’s another guy who does all the little things right and I could really see him being an nhl player .

He looked pretty good in his short stint with Texas at the end last season as well. His NCAA starts are really underwhelming so IRC some people wondered why he even got an ELC . He could carve out a role as a third/fourth line grinder though . No skill players but he was a fourth rounder so not exactly expected.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and Bfantz

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He looked pretty good in his short stint with Texas at the end last season as well. His NCAA starts are really underwhelming so IRC some people wondered why he even got an ELC . He could carve out a role as a third/fourth line grinder though . No skill players but he was a fourth rounder so not exactly expected.
i think sometimes players who don’t light it up in juniors or college have underwhelming stats because they play a more safe and responsible game , in which they pay attention to the details of the game rather than just trying to score in any fashion possible . It makes there transition to pro a lot easier and a lot of times end up getting as many or more points in the pro hockey as they did in juniors or college .

Reactions: Dynamite Time

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Haven’t seen any games, but Shapiro talks highly of him. Could be a 4th line centre down the road by the sounds of things.

Reactions: Bfantz

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He’s been great , however , I think it’s between him and guryanov for a top 9 roll . I don’t think he will be suited for the 4th line or sitting in the stands . I don’t see guryanov going back down , so, likely he will be playing a key role for Texas with lots of minutes and will be a good call up option IMO.

Kiviranta is fine on the 4th line wdym. He's a bottom 6 player if he's on the NHL roster that could maybe move up if needed but we have open spots on that 4th line.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Having these cheap young players look promising as bottom 6 players is key. This is how Detroit, Chicago, etc. stayed so relevant for so long.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Kiviranta is fine on the 4th line wdym. He's a bottom 6 player if he's on the NHL roster that could maybe move up if needed but we have open spots on that 4th line.
HIntz seguin rads
Benn pav perry
Cog. Faksa gury
Jan Dickinson comeau

Who would you take off the roster for kiviranta ?
I don’t see him beating anyone out to start the season but you never know this is just a prospect tourney we will see soon how he does in preseason .

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
HIntz seguin rads
Benn pav perry
Cog. Faksa gury
Jan Dickinson comeau

I don’t see him beating anyone out to start the season but you never know this is just a prospect tourney we will see soon how he does in preseason .

Gurianov and Janmark could lose their spots (Gurianov doesn't even have one yet tho). Also, Heika seems to believe theres room for up to 3 forwards to make the team so sounds like they might carry a couple of extras anyways

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gurianov and Janmark could lose their spots (Gurianov doesn't even have one yet tho). Also, Heika seems to believe theres room for up to 3 forwards to make the team so sounds like they might carry a couple of extras anyways

There's 11 forwards guys who are locked into an NHL role and since teams usually carry 14 forwards and 7 defenseman that would leave 3 spots .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
HIntz seguin rads
Benn pav perry
Cog. Faksa gury
Jan Dickinson comeau

I don't think Kiviranta really benefits from AHL time . Pretty sure there's a decent chance he starts the season at the very least as a spare but on the NHL roster.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
HIntz seguin rads
Benn pav perry
Cog. Faksa gury
Jan Dickinson comeau

The Easiest answer is the waste of space Cogliano, but Gury isn't a bad option either

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think it’s unlikely Janmark loses a spot and I doubt guryanov is going back to Texas. If kiviranta is tearing it up in pre season , I could see us moving someone . Probably Janmark or cogliano .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There's a few guys who are a kind of questionmarks. Janmark , Guri , Comeau , Cogs and Perry . They'll start the season in the lineup but someone like Kiviranta could easily take their spot in the lineup and they sit in pressbox .

By the way Detroit won 7:4 ( with two ENG's ) so Stars will face the Red Wings prospects and we get to enjoy good production value for tomorows game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think it’s unlikely Janmark loses a spot and I doubt guryanov is going back to Texas. If kiviranta is tearing it up in pre season , I could see us moving someone . Probably Janmark or cogliano .

Could just see Janmark and someone swapped in and out of the lineup. If Gurianov doesn't go back to Texas (if they don't send him there) then they can keep him, Janmark, Cogliano, and Kiviranta battling for a spot until they find a trade partner to take Janmark. There's also the possibility that Dellandrea makes the lineup too

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Cogliano was a big part of the team last year .
did we watch the same team?
Players that played a bigger part than Cogliano...

Bishop
Seguin
Heiskanen
Radulov
Klingberg
Lindell
Hintz
Zuccarello
Faksa
Benn
Polak
Comeau
Spezza
Janmark
Dickinson
Shore
Pitlick
Fedun
Khudobin

Players that Cogliano played a bigger part than
Nichushkin
Ritchie
Honka <- 29gp & he sucks
Carrick <- 14gp Injured... then traded
Condra <- 6gp should have never been in the NHL
Smith <-14gp
Dowling- 11gp basically the same quality of player as Cogs, just didn't play as much
Methot <- injured 9gp
Hanzal < injured 7gp
Oleksiak <- mid-season mistake (like Cogliano) 21gp

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Cogs and Comeau were both solid in the playoffs which is exactly what they're here for.

Kivi Gury and Dellandrea seem like the best candidates for those 3 spots. We'll see where L'Esperance is at but he never impressed me last season.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Could just see Janmark and someone swapped in and out of the lineup. If Gurianov doesn't go back to Texas (if they don't send him there) then they can keep him, Janmark, Cogliano, and Kiviranta battling for a spot until they find a trade partner to take Janmark.
Also , you can’t forget about Dellandrea . If he looks anywhere near as good as he did in this tourney he will no doubt make the roster and not just for 9 games . Bayreuther and djuse are also gonna be knocking at the door ,very hard . Maybe they carry 8 d? Any way you look at it , this is the most depth they’ve had in a while And im excited to see what happens in the next few weeks .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also , you can’t forget about Dellandrea . If he looks anywhere near as good as he did in this tourney he will no doubt make the roster and not just for 9 games . Bayreuther and djuse are also gonna be knocking at the door ,very hard . Maybe they carry 8 d? Any way you look at it , this is the most depth they’ve had in a while And im excited to see what happens in the next few weeks .

Yeah I added Dellandrea at the end of my post there. And I agree, having too many guys that could potentially make the NHL lineup is definitely a good thing so I'm excited to see how it plays out

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
did we watch the same team?
Players that played a bigger part than Cogliano...

Bishop
Seguin
Heiskanen
Radulov
Klingberg
Lindell
Hintz
Zuccarello
Faksa
Benn
Polak
Comeau
Spezza
Janmark
Dickinson
Shore
Pitlick
Fedun
Khudobin

Players that Cogliano played a bigger part than
Nichushkin
Ritchie
Honka <- 29gp & he sucks
Carrick <- 14gp Injured... then traded
Condra <- 6gp should have never been in the NHL
Smith <-14gp
Dowling- 11gp basically the same quality of player, just didn't play as much
Methot <- injured 9gp
Hanzal < injured 7gp
Oleksiak <- mid-season mistake (like Cogliano) 21gp
Lol Cmon man , pitlick ? Spezza ? Fedun who they healthy scratched in playoffs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad