Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Back was pretty solid in his role, same as Dellandrea... Eriksson was a huge disappointment

I still feel like I wanted to see a bit more out of Back seeing as he was 19 and his second tourney, but yes far better performance than Eriksson.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I got to watch Harley the other night against the Knights. He's still got some things to work on at the junior level, namely effort in the defensive end. Harley can still at times let his coverage lapse out of a lack of effort.

Offensively though, he's still awesome. His breakout passes and skating are most certainly NHL level.

At this point, I'm torn as to whether or not I want him in the NHL next season. He'd most likely be the #4 already (without any signings); however, I think he still has room to grow.

If anyone is wondering why his offense has kind of dried up as of late, the forwards on his team are really bad. Like, can't accept a breakout pass bad. It's hard to get assists when your forwards can't score.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It’s to bad Harley isn’t AHL eligible next season. I think he gets 9 games then goes back to the OHL. Should be a lock for team Canada at the WJC next season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It’s to bad Harley isn’t AHL eligible next season. I think he gets 9 games then goes back to the OHL. Should be a lock for team Canada at the WJC next season.

That will depend on how well he does and more importantly how the Stars blueline depth positions look in general next year . With Sekera and Polak UFA , the AHL not exactly filled with highend prospects and very likely not all that much capspace to sign somebody i think he gets a legitimate shot to make the roster fulltime. Now will he be ready for that ? Wait and see.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Eriksson looked legitimately bad at hockey in the couple viewing I had of him. I don't have much hope for him but who knows, bring him over and give him a shot here in Texas.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
That will depend on how well he does and more importantly how the Stars blueline depth positions look in general next year . With Sekera and Polak UFA , the AHL not exactly filled with highend prospects and very likely not all that much capspace to sign somebody i think he gets a legitimate shot to make the roster fulltime. Now will he be ready for that ? Wait and see.

Yeah it’s tough to say because next season the left side is looking solid and the right side looking terrible. Heiskanen can play well enough on his off hand, but it’s less than ideal. He has a real shot at making the team next season, I just don’t want to ruin a prospect by giving them to much to soon.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah Albin seems to have taken a bit of a step back. Hopefully he doesn't go full Tufte.

I'm surprised he doesn't do better in these junior tournies. He seems like he would be built to dominate. Then again, he was a mid 2nd rounder so I can't really be that upset but I was a bit psyched for him because he actually had a good scouting report. However he's only 19 so I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Is that a good team ? I have no idea about the WHL .

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Man that was funny to watch, everyone on the ice is just straight gased. Its like watching it in slow motion.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Felhaber quietly has 5 points in his last 5 AHL games.

Robertson with goals in 2 straight

Tufte has yet to score his first pro goal

Mascherin and Gleason are struggling to produce this season as well. Gleason has missed some time though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Harley has been held pointless in 3 straight games so he is no longer a point per game player this season. 39 points in 40 games now

Obviously on a higher scoring team he'd be well above a PPG pace but he has what he has. No longer leads his team in points either but he's 2nd and is only 1 point from leading them again

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Harley has been held pointless in 3 straight games so he is no longer a point per game player this season. 39 points in 40 games now

Obviously on a higher scoring team he'd be well above a PPG pace but he has what he has. No longer leads his team in points either but he's 2nd and is only 1 point from leading them again
Ya I was kind of disappointed he wasn’t traded at the deadline . I guess Mississauga is banking on him not making the stars next season .

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Sean had a quote from scout extraordinaire (ahem) Joe McDonnell on Albin Eriksson, who's been a bit of a disappointment this season.

“With Albin, the ice time level, I just can’t put my finger and I don’t understand it on the limited minutes he plays in his league (with Skellefteå AIK). When he does play he’s a threat, and it’s hard for me to understand the coaches over there and how they treat Albin,” McDonnell said. “Every time I see him, he competes. He has a good skill set, and he creates when he plays, but it’s a matter of getting the proper minutes, and hopefully that’ll change in the second half.”

Shap Shots: Gurianov's acclimation, Dellandrea's gold medal,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad