Prospect Info: 2019-2020 Prospect Development Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Then Nill has become Niewy drafting for something different each year. First 2 years, skill ( Nuke, Honka) next several, speed ( Guri, Hintz), then size (Tufte), then position need in 2017, and accepted the gift that was Miro, and now character?

Not sure where Harley fits, probably back to skill and some size?

My sense or opinion was that Nill was going to build a fast skill team a la Detroit and be pretty consistent about it. Now, seems like a Niewy mix of a bit of this. Bit of that, etc.

And, he has hired coaches that stress D over Skill, plus his skill players dont seem to develop well in our system.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
everybody on hfboards:"speed is his biggest strenght" Now we can all agree that i was right hes slow as Pavelski

His top end speed is good, not great, but his acceleration is leaving a lot to be desired at this tournament.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I wonder why his numbers are down this year

Haven’t been able to watch any OHL this season, but looking at his team they are pretty meh. Damiani and a trio of overage players (Yantsis, Hawel, Meireles). He likely has to carry a lot of the defencive duties on that team as well. Would have been nice to see him put up 90-100 points, but I’ll take back to back 80 point seasons from a 5th rounder.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Damiani does't get to play on the top line despite being the team's most gifted offensive player.

He's also not the type of player to take a game over on his own and definitely needs someone else to drive his line to be most effective.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Back and Eriksson playing in an intense game versus Russia. Both look good. Both playing in 3 on 3 overtime.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oettinger with his third shutout of the year last night . He's having a really good year with Texas ( and his stats are way better than Bow's ) . If Dobby gets a contract offer we can't match ( which seems very possible with the season he is having ) and he moves elsewhere i think Oettinger will do fine next year.

Robertson and Kiviranta also had goals .

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Canada wins gold at the World Juniors. Dellandrea finished with 3 goals and 2 assists in 7 games

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Dellandra was impressive in a third line role for Canada. Chipped in when needed and was a rock defensively. He could be ready for NHL play next year in a bottom six capacity, but I’d like him to develop in the AHL for the season and get called up a few times.

Back and Eriksson we’re both disappointing for team Sweden, particularly Eriksson with only one goal is seven games. He’s regressed this year after a strong season in the SHL last year. Might be time to bring him over to the AHL to see if his play improves there.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Good to hear on some of our top prospects. If we got Miro and Otter out of the first round, and Robertson ever contributes, what a draft. Right up there with 2015 where we got 2 top 6 forwards with Rope and Guri. We hope, anyway.

Only problem is, those 2 may be lower tier top 6, and other promising prospects look like lower 6 guys, i.e, Ty, Riley D, camanno, Gardiner.

Is Harley our only other blue chip prospect after Otter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino