2019-2020 NHL Trade Deadline thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Robertson plus 1st too much ?
We don’t have 2nd, 3rd and 7th this year but Robertson and a conditional 2nd next year (1st if he signs or we make WCF) and B prospect I’d do.

And that’s probably stingy on my part and wouldn’t be the best offer for him you should get.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We don’t have 2nd, 3rd and 7th this year but Robertson and a conditional 2nd next year (1st if he signs or we make WCF) and B prospect I’d do.

And that’s probably stingy on my part and wouldn’t be the best offer for him you should get.

Yeah, I would do that for Krieder. JRob isn't a lock for the NHL with his speed issues. Conditional 2nd okay. Add another prospect not named Harley, Otter (who NYR don't need) or Dellandria (Faksa replacement eventually) and we don't lose a lot. Hopefully, NYR see some prospect like OTT saw Nick Paul.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
So after last nights game I think we need another playmaker; Athanasiou or possibly Kovalchuk if price isn’t too big. If Athanasiou doesn’t fit move him draft/offseason and Kovalchuk is UFA.

Laxdal has fired up the PP, especially 2nd unit, but we can’t rely on that come postseason as refs let the guys play. We still need something to help our 5 on 5 offense it seems though.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Do you think Detroit would give up Larkin or Mantha? Could we get Zibanejad out of NYR? Palmieri out of NJ? He is a bit older but still would be good to get. Looking for some younger type of players who are on bad teams with term. I’m sure Detroit could use a goalie prospect like Oettinger and a center like Dellandrea. We have a first this year and next year to throw on top. We have Robertson and Harley as well. Why not cash in for a younger type guy and make a run at the cup when you have these aging guys on your roster. The window is open now and maybe next year. Think of what a Larkin or Zib could do for this team.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Rangers vetted insider posted this morning that Dallas is in talks for Kreider and Robertson's name has been mentioned. Figured y'all would like to know.

And I'm sure many already know this, but to the poster above, @Rory , Zibanejad is not in play at all and it would take an astronomical amount to get him.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Rangers vetted insider posted this morning that Dallas is in talks for Kreider and Robertson's name has been mentioned. Figured y'all would like to know.

And I'm sure many already know this, but to the poster above, @Rory , Zibanejad is not in play at all and it would take an astronomical amount to get him.
I’m sure he is not in play but worth trying. I would like a Mark Stone type of player. High impact. I don’t want a rental. Loved zucc and he was perfect for this team but someone a little younger and worth giving up the top pieces to make a run now. Can’t always look to the future. I would take what the kings have. 2 cups and now in full rebuild. That’s better than holding on and never winning.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What is a vetted insider on HF? That doesn't sound very legitimate.

Not the rumor ... I mean obviously Dallas being tied to a scorer makes some level of sense. I just mean ... the source. I've never seen it but that way on here before without an actual link to something outside of HF.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Do you think Detroit would give up Larkin or Mantha? Could we get Zibanejad out of NYR? Palmieri out of NJ? He is a bit older but still would be good to get. Looking for some younger type of players who are on bad teams with term. I’m sure Detroit could use a goalie prospect like Oettinger and a center like Dellandrea. We have a first this year and next year to throw on top. We have Robertson and Harley as well. Why not cash in for a younger type guy and make a run at the cup when you have these aging guys on your roster. The window is open now and maybe next year. Think of what a Larkin or Zib could do for this team.

Larkin and Zibanejad are 100% not being moved. Mantha seems highly unlikely, and Palmieri seems unlikely.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Not the rumor ... I mean obviously Dallas being tied to a scorer makes some level of sense. I just mean ... the source. I've never seen it but that way on here before without an actual link to something outside of HF.

Someone that used to work for the organization and still has connections there

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Nill is willing to move Robertson that makes him our best, and probably only real, trade piece. He might as well try to add to it and get someone who isn't leaving at the end of the year (I.E. Tatar)

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

He has connections and has been proven right before. But also has privately spoken with the moderators and provided proof of his sources. In turn he is allowed to post rumors without having to verify to the masses, whereas most others that do that would be deleted on account of a lot of people just bullshit it.

The Boston forum has one as well that I know of.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Nill is willing to move Robertson that makes him our best, and probably only real, trade piece. He might as well try to add to it and get someone who isn't leaving at the end of the year (I.E. Tatar)

If we're trading Robertson and adding to it I hope we can get someone better than Tatar, and preferably someone younger too

I'm not against trading him but I find it highly unlikely Nill moves any prospects honestly. Only reason I could see him considering it is maybe he's extremely confident about this group, but also confident that Gurianov and Hintz can continue what they're doing and improve for years to come, and whoever we trade for has some term or is willing to sign here.

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wonder if Chicago would trade Brandon Saad to us

Don't know if we can afford him cap wise or not but he would fit well here

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Literally our best forward prospect, for a career 50p scorer for 2-3months
I would hope that isn't even being discussed in a trade for Kreider, even with an extension negotiated in, let alone any + being actually added.
That is a 1 for 1 type of trade, that really isn't worth doing.
Give them a lesser prospect like Dellandrea, especially if we're adding to it.
that would be desperately trying to save his job level of stupid.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If Nill decides to do a Zuch like upgrade, those are just the prices he will have to pay. Gotta give to get, and I have the impression Robertson is one they would part with before Harley or Otter. Ty D would be easy enough to trade if that was the player they asked for.

It's hard to give up assets, but it's what has to happen.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If Nill decides to do a Zuch like upgrade, those are just the prices he will have to pay. Gotta give to get, and I have the impression Robertson is one they would part with before Harley or Otter. Ty D would be easy enough to trade if that was the player they asked for.

It's hard to give up assets, but it's what has to happen.
Is not hard to give up assets for the right upgrade. This isn't adding Taylor Hall. This is career high 52p Chris Kreider. You don't give up a 30g potential winger, plus; to get a 2nd line winger for 2-3 months. That discussion should go like this.

"what are you looking for In return for Kreider"
"we want Robertson plus ..."
"hahahaha good one, now what do you really want"

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The discussed prices for Kreider are a non-starter for me . The guy is a rental and he's good but not great. I'm not trading a good prospect for that.

Yea, I'm honestly confused by all the hype around him. He hasn't even hit 30 goals in his career and yet he's being hyped like a legitimate game-changing superstar by some.

If he's that amazing New York should just hang on to him and try to re-sign.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I like Kreider enough to kick tires and I'd love to go after him as a free agent if Dallas could clear space. However, short of Taylor Hall getting put back on the block, not sure if there is anyone left on the rental market I'd want to pay a premium for.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Hall hasn't been that good for AZ, but neither has Kessel. There is always the chemistry issue. Wonder if we could get Zuch level chemistry 2 years running?

There is always that risk. Hard to be a GM. If you dont win the Cup, the trade was a waste. Do nothing, lose, and you should have done something, anything.

Will give it to Serf, has been very consistent in his beliefs. Just a matter of how Nill feels about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad