2019-2020 NHL Trade Deadline thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Deadline day will probably be boring but I'm loving these moves leading up to it. Exciting stuff and nothing better than watching other teams overpay for players

Good deal for the Bruins on Kase though depending on the prospect they gave up

As far as the Stars are concerned, I doubt we do anything.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Axel Andersson doesn't seem to be a high end prospect. I know he was a 2nd round pick, but he's not done a ton in the last 2 years. I think he could be comparable in value to Dawson Barteaux maybe.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anaheim took back David Backes contract ? They better get some value for that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Anaheim took back David Backes contract ? They better get some value for that.

Doesn't seem to be great value. Kase is on a team friendly deal signed 1 more season, and he'll be an RFA next summer not an UFA. He probably wasn't worth a 1st round pick and middle of the road prospect himself, but I mean ... we've seen teams pay a 1st round pick (Toronto) to dump a similar contract. That's a huge win by Boston.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Kase is fine but let’s not overrate him. He gets way too much hype from the advanced stats crowd, despite his best season being 20-18-38 and having major struggles to stay healthy.

I don’t think Anaheim would’ve moved him if he were as good as some say.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kase is fine but let’s not overrate him. He gets way too much hype from the advanced stats crowd, despite his best season being 20-18-38 and having major struggles to stay healthy.

I don’t think Anaheim would’ve moved him if he were as good as some say.

I'm more shocked they didn't get more for absorbing Backes contract.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
The interesting thing from that article you quoted:

It's even more remarkable when you consider how conservative the system is in regard to leaving the zone early and creating rush chances. He's so good and we haven't seen the half of it yet.

I have reservations with the defensive responsibility of a Gurianov-Athanasiou line, but I don't know if those issues would matter at all with how much they'd fly.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The return the article mentions would make it an absolute no brainer. But it wouldn't be that cheap. Honka is nothing and it would need to be spiced up.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think the Redwings will take just 2nd rounder for next year and Honka . Athanasiou has been terrible this season but so has the whole team . Doubt they'd give away an RFA who scored 30 goals before for super cheap.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Athanasiou would be great for this team

What is a realistic cost?

The article proposed a 2011 2nd round pick and Julius Honka. I know Detroit has been mentioned as a team interested in Honka, and I do suspect it makes sense he's included, but a 2nd round pick seems low for a RFA.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's even more remarkable when you consider how conservative the system is in regard to leaving the zone early and creating rush chances. He's so good and we haven't seen the half of it yet.

I have reservations with the defensive responsibility of a Gurianov-Athanasiou line, but I don't know if those issues would matter at all with how much they'd fly.

The guy that wrote the article did make that pairing sound interesting, but yeah ... I can't see Bowness actually making that pairing.

Your 3 wingers that are the roughest in their own zone would be Radulov, Gurianov, and Athanasiou. My guess is they would try to keep them apart.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Well then...

(zero idea how legit this guy is, but we have nothing else to go on yet anyway)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
And where would Athanasiou slot in? He doesn't seem to fit anywhere. Next season would work better though.

I agree, but if you can get a controllable asset (AA is an RFA this summer) at a rather cheap cost (30 goal scorer last year. 88.8 PDO this year....) why not? Even if we have to rotate between Janmark, Perry, and AA. Throw them in the line blender and see what works.

I would've preferred Kase but AA would be an alright addition.

What is a realistic cost?

The article proposed a 2011 2nd round pick and Julius Honka. I know Detroit has been mentioned as a team interested in Honka, and I do suspect it makes sense he's included, but a 2nd round pick seems low for a RFA.

Yeah that seems low. I listened to the 30 Thoughts Podcast yesterday and Elliott/Marek really emphasized that teams are afraid to bring in AA because he's a lot in the room. They kept questioning if you make this move now at the TDL and risk upsetting players in the room or in the summer instead so AA can settle in. These guys are pretty connected to the industry so I would imagine this could reduce AA's perceived value around the league.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Hintz-Seguin-Perry
Benn-Dickinson-Gurianov
Janmark-Pavelski-Radulov
Athanasiou-Faksa-Comeau
Cogliano

Would be a whole lotta fun. Tried to balance the lines based on defensive play but f*** (censor change?) it we could also load it up however we want

Hintz-Seguin-Perry
Athanasiou-Pavelski-Gurianov
Benn-Dickinson-Radulov
Janmark/Cogliano-Faksa-Comeau

Last edited:

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I feel like if Dallas were to acquire Jumbo or Athanasiou they would need to move out a regular member of the top 12 and not just draft picks. Do they really plan on scratching someone like Janmark every night? I just can't see it. It would be amazing to get Cogliano out of the line up but the coaches love the FCC line and I can't see Cogs coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad