2019-2020 NHL Trade Deadline thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It happened with Dubnyk when he went to Minnesota

he's got 50p in 60games, and 25 in 30gp since joining the Coyotes.
I don't know what you want from him. but he would be our leading scorer currently with those numbers

His Goal Scoring is down, but I don't know how you couldn't think of him as an impact player

The team is worse than it was without him and no its not just because Kuemper was injured. He doesn't fit the Yotes playstyle at all. He gets points thats nice but he seems like a foreign object in the lineup.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Pretty fun deadline overall with a couple wtf moments. Would have been nice to grab Trocheck. I know he’s fallen off a little bit, but having him between Hintz and Gurianov just feels like it would have been a great fit. I thought the Rangers had a low-key strong deadline. Kept Krieder and ditched Skjei who I think is overrated. Having Fox and DeAngelo fills their offensive need they need a couple guys who are better defensively on the left side

Reactions: Abilify

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm pretty happy with the deadline. Didn't do anything dumb, I'm happy to get a 6th round pick for Djuse. Trocheck would've been awesome but oh well.

Entertaining deadline league wide, pleasant surprise!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty fun deadline overall with a couple wtf moments. Would have been nice to grab Trocheck. I know he’s fallen off a little bit, but having him between Hintz and Gurianov just feels like it would have been a great fit. I thought the Rangers had a low-key strong deadline. Kept Krieder and ditched Skjei who I think is overrated. Having Fox and DeAngelo fills their offensive need they need a couple guys who are better defensively on the left side

Trocheck sucks. I’ve seen him enough here to let you know that he absolutely is the classic example of helping a team earn 50 goals but helping them allow 70+. I can’t believe what he returned and I think Florida is a much better team now than they were yesterday.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Trocheck sucks. I’ve seen him enough here to let you know that he absolutely is the classic example of helping a team earn 50 goals but helping them allow 70+. I can’t believe what he returned and I think Florida is a much better team now than they were yesterday.

To be fair, that seems to be the way the Panthers as a team do things

serp

Jan 17, 2016
To be fair, that seems to be the way the Panthers as a team do things

Well looks like they are trying to change that now . They got back 2 solid 2-way players and 2 ok ish prospects. I think this overall could make the Panthers better.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Rory has ignored the question every time it's been brought up. It's always you have to give up someone for someone.

You can't just magically say he failed because he didn't land an impact player because you assume one was available that no other person knows about. If that mythical impact player was available, all of the contenders would have been involved heavily. You have to evaluate his performance on players that were actually moved, and there wasn't an impact, high end scoring forward traded.
Strange. I have mentioned names. Not sure what you are even reading. I have said Larkin and mantha or Zibanejad. Yes, the price will be insane. But you have 4 prospects and 2 firsts 2020 and 2021. Robertson, Harley, Dellandrea, and Oettinger. There has to be a team who would take an overpayment or astronomical payment for a young player. What about Huberdeau or Barkov or Rakell or Gaudreau? I’m not saying they available but don’t assume cause you don’t hear their name in trade rumors that you can’t trade for them. Everyone has a price. Huberdeau was rumored last year BTW.

I am talking about thinking out side the box and you clearly have not read what I have been saying. I am saying sell the farm for a cup. I read an article about Eichel in the offseason being traded for a boat load. Let’s give up the boat load for a guy like him.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Strange. I have mentioned names. Not sure what you are even reading. I have said Larkin and mantha or Zibanejad. Yes, the price will be insane. But you have 4 prospects and 2 firsts 2020 and 2021. Robertson, Harley, Dellandrea, and Oettinger. There has to be a team who would take an overpayment or astronomical payment for a young player. What about Huberdeau or Barkov or Rakell or Gaudreau? I’m not saying they available but don’t assume cause you don’t hear their name in trade rumors that you can’t trade for them. Everyone has a price. Huberdeau was rumored last year BTW.

I am talking about thinking out side the box and you clearly have not read what I have been saying. I am saying sell the farm for a cup. I read an article about Eichel in the offseason being traded for a boat load. Let’s give up the boat load for a guy like him.
Ok so what would you have given for any of those guys you mentioned. I am betting it would have taken at least 2 of those prospects and both first rounders. That is stupid.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016

What makes you think any of those are on the table without adding say Heiskanen ? Not to mention we are living in a salary cap world now. You can't go super all-in anymore these days without massive repercussions. You need a steady flow of prospects to be competetive . Stars already traded quite a few picks in the last couple of years.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Ok so what would you have given for any of those guys you mentioned. I am betting it would have taken at least 2 of those prospects and both first rounders. That is stupid.
For Huberdeau or Barkov? That would be worth it. I would give up 2 of those and both firsts for Zib or Larkin as well. The rest would have to be less but those four for sure. Who knows what prospects will be. The window is open now. Have to give to get. Yes, that’s a really high price but think of what those guys can do for this team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What exactly have the Panthers guys done to warrant super insane prices ? Also blockbusters usually don't happen anymore at the deadline Thats mostly offseason now. Teams don't get radically re-build during a year anymore. At best you get an upcoming UFA but longer deals of star players ? Those are usually not trading inseason.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
What makes you think any of those are on the table without adding say Heiskanen ? Not to mention we are living in a salary cap world now. You can't go super all-in anymore these days without massive repercussions. You need a steady flow of prospects to be competetive . Stars already traded quite a few picks in the last couple of years.
Miro is a non starter. I’m not saying they would not ask for him. I would if I was their GM. But that does not mean I would not take some picks and some prospects. Sure salary may have to go out some but these guys are not Marner or Matthews level salaries. Salary is prorated at this point as well.
I just don’t think Nill is willing cause he spent too many years in Detroit where they had a ton of success and sustained performance with many cups. I get wanting that here and that’s why I don’t think he will trade what it would take. But I would take a cup or two and a rebuild if that’s what it took.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Larkin and Zibanejad aren't realistic. I remember you saying them. They're franchise building blocks for franchises that are or have been rebuilding. They don't trade those players for a mishmash of assets. It's just not realistic. You can't just randomly name teams top assets that aren't realistically available and say Dallas should have figured out a way to acquire them. This isn't the Boston Bruins trading Tyler Seguin. The two guys you named are currently cornerstone pieces of their current organization.

If Eichel is shopped, no one is going to tell you Dallas should not try and figure out a way to acquire him. Again ... all that matters is you're talking about a realistic target for a realistic return. Now ... I like to see a source that's legitimate that says Eichel might be shopped. That would be interesting if it was valid.

My only point is you continue saying that Dallas could or should have traded for a core player ... but you don't have any realistic suggestions. It's very much fantasy hockey at this point to talk about Larkin or Zibanejad for futures.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Miro is a non starter. I’m not saying they would not ask for him. I would if I was their GM. But that does not mean I would not take some picks and some prospects. Sure salary may have to go out some but these guys are not Marner or Matthews level salaries. Salary is prorated at this point as well.
I just don’t think Nill is willing cause he spent too many years in Detroit where they had a ton of success and sustained performance with many cups. I get wanting that here and that’s why I don’t think he will trade what it would take. But I would take a cup or two and a rebuild if that’s what it took.

Yes he is ... if you're talking about those players Miro Hesikanen is on the table or you're not in the discussion. Serp is 100% correct here. Teams do not trade those type of players for futures. They make hockey trades or they continue to build around them.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Larkin and Zibanejad aren't realistic. I remember you saying them. They're franchise building blocks for franchises that are or have been rebuilding. They don't trade those players for a mishmash of assets. It's just not realistic. You can't just randomly name teams top assets that aren't realistically available and say Dallas should have figured out a way to acquire them. This isn't the Boston Bruins trading Tyler Seguin. The two guys you named are currently cornerstone pieces of their current organization.

If Eichel is shopped, no one is going to tell you Dallas should not try and figure out a way to acquire him. Again ... all that matters is you're talking about a realistic target for a realistic return. Now ... I like to see a source that's legitimate that says Eichel might be shopped. That would be interesting if it was valid.

My only point is you continue saying that Dallas could or should have traded for a core player ... but you don't have any realistic suggestions. It's very much fantasy hockey at this point to talk about Larkin or Zibanejad for futures.
Valid point. I’m not the GM so I can for sure tell you what is out there. But the great one was traded and I do believe a trades are out there. I also mentioned other names. Now I don’t know if they are available or if our prospects are good enough to get them. I just don’t think Nill from what has said about balancing now and the future will make the necessary trade. Look at Vegas their GM makes the big trades. Tampa with a stacked team makes big trades although I do question his choices. But I would rather question them instead of wonder why none was made.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Yes he is ... if you're talking about those players Miro Hesikanen is on the table or you're not in the discussion. Serp is 100% correct here. Teams do not trade those type of players for futures. They make hockey trades or they continue to build around them.
So Miro is the only player we have of value to get impact players? We are in more trouble than I thought.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Vegas had a ton of assets because of the expansion draft and pretty all the guys they aquired via trade had been known to be on the block . You can't compare that. We all knew Stone was going to get traded .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So Miro is the only player we have of value to get impact players? We are in more trouble than I thought.

Roope aparently was part of what we offered for Karlsson but Sens only wanted Heiskanen from us . That of course was never ever going to happen and then the Sens traded Karlsson for very little to the Sharks . Looking back we probably dodged one with that though.

Last edited:

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Roope aparently was part of what we offered for Karlsson but Sens only wanted Heiskanen from us . That of course was never ever going to happen and then the Sens traded Karlsson for very little to the Sharks . Looking back we probably dogded one with that though.
This is true. Love Karlsson but at his price and all his injuries he is not worth it. The return was not that impressive which makes me wonder what Nill offered. There were rumors but who knows what was truly offered. Miro is clearly a no unless McDavid is coming back. Of course it will take more than Miro to get him and the oilers would be dumb to make the trade cause salary would go back.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Gretzky was traded is such a give up, and it's also not what we're talking about. The Salary Cap era didn't exist, and has no impact on how teams make trades today.

Vegas has made several impressive trades. Again ... we're talking about this year though. Did they trade for any young superstar talent? No ... because that type of asset wasn't available. If you want to make a case Dallas should have pursued Mark Stone last year, that seems like a reasonable conversation that has zero impact on the trade deadline in 2020, but you unfortunately are going to have to admit that Dallas did use assets that same year to get one of the top available forwards which you're claiming they don't do ... so it's going to be tough.

This was a pretty weak trade deadline class. That's the reality and the fact of the situation. If you want to talk about Hall ... that's at least relevant.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

I get you're trying to be cute, but you keep slipping and sliding around these terms like impact player. If you're talking about Dylan Larkin, you're talking about Miro Heiskanen. If you're talking about a trade deadline acquisition, it's different assets. It's not a video game. you can actually look at NHL trades in recent history and figure out what type of players require what type of assets.

You can ignore the reality that Larkin type assets require the return of a franchise type asset of which Heiskanen is the only one Dallas has,that is a choice you can make. If you want to talk about 1st round picks, Robertson, Dellandrea, and Harley ... it's not that hard to figure out what players would be available for those assets ... and it's not Larkin. It's not Zibanejad. Not from Detroit or New York. The other team is going to have to actually agree with you on the value. It's not arbitrary.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Gretzky was traded is such a give up, and it's also not what we're talking about. The Salary Cap era didn't exist, and has no impact on how teams make trades today.

Vegas has made several impressive trades. Again ... we're talking about this year though. Did they trade for any young superstar talent? No ... because that type of asset wasn't available. If you want to make a case Dallas should have pursued Mark Stone last year, that seems like a reasonable conversation that has zero impact on the trade deadline in 2020, but you unfortunately are going to have to admit that Dallas did use assets that same year to get one of the top available forwards which you're claiming they don't do ... so it's going to be tough.

This was a pretty weak trade deadline class. That's the reality and the fact of the situation. If you want to talk about Hall ... that's at least relevant.
I would have loved Hall and he went for less than what other teams paid for lesser players. Hall should have cost more. But don’t assume players are not available. You keep saying you don’t trade player of high value yet new GMs do all the time in sports. Stevie Y did not draft Larkin. That’s key cause for some odd reason GMs like the players they draft more than what the inherit. Dallas has picks, a good goalie prospect a major need for Detroit and a good defensive prospect which many say will play in the NHL next year. Maybe he says no. IDK. But I am pretty sure based on what we know about Nill, Jim did not ask or offer that.

We can agree to disagree. We have a different view and that is fine. I’m will to go get players and pay a high price. You are more in the Nill camp and are more conservative. That’s fine. I want a Cup in Dallas and it’s hard to see that coming this year with the lack of scoring. If it works than I will take it back and Nill is amazing. I’m willing to be wrong if it gets a cup in Dallas.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
There are tons of reasons Nill deserves to be fired, him not trading for another teams young stud they are building around is probably not on that list lol. You don't just go to another GM and tell him you want their star, and proceed to offer some picks/prospects and expect to get said star.

This isn't EA Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad