2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
So far this year, I would have given up a 2nd and a 3rd and a prospect for Burakovsky.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Could the Ducks be interested in Honka ? Not many RD and now Manson maybe hurt as well. Couldn't get Sbisa through either

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What the hell Ducks . Why would they trade for someone this expensive who isn't very good ?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If you saw the replay on TV it looked like a real bad and unfortunate injury. His knee hit Dickenson (I think) hip pad and buckled back a bit, and then it hit the boards head on. My wife even said, "Knees aren't supposed to bend that way."

I hate for any player to get injured like that. I haven't looked, but Duck fans must be lamenting the karma of putting Sbisa on waivers the day before you lose Manson.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Thank god the Stars players handled it better than this

Well the Stars were playing like dogshit when they were getting booed. We were down and the fans responded when the team did. Sounds like a different situation in NJ.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

This is not good. Wayyy too similar to the Johns situation, except Patrick is much younger

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Spezza got a shootout goal, but this is in rd 11/12 right now

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That could've been the Stars too .

Sharks kind of build a wierd roster . Stars roster at least allways made sense on paper . Sharks not so much .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
For all the pearl grasping we (including myself) did during the start, calling for Monty's head, hating the system... it behooves us to go the other way too.

Apparently before the Wild game they were starting to make system adjustments asking the players for input to generate more offense. In the 3rd Period of the Wild Game they switched their forecheck to a more aggressive one and have been doing that since. They've also notably increased their carry ins, neutral zone play, zone entries, and reduced dumping the puck.

For the PP, Monty apparently took over the tactics and put Nelson in the box as the eye-in-the-sky. It's looked much better including 2 PP goals last night against MTL.

I think credit is due for the adjustments this staff has made and/or the players for getting their shit together. Jamie has looked engaged even if not producing. Radulov's been a horse. Seguin I'm still worried about but he's been sick/hurt so hopefully the points will come. And it finally looks like we have a 2nd line with Guri/Hintz/Pavs. The lines have stayed consistent for a while and hopefully will continue to produce chemistry.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
For all the pearl grasping we (including myself) did during the start, calling for Monty's head, hating the system... it behooves us to go the other way too.

Apparently before the Wild game they were starting to make system adjustments asking the players for input to generate more offense. In the 3rd Period of the Wild Game they switched their forecheck to a more aggressive one and have been doing that since. They've also notably increased their carry ins, neutral zone play, zone entries, and reduced dumping the puck.

For the PP, Monty apparently took over the tactics and put Nelson in the box as the eye-in-the-sky. It's looked much better including 2 PP goals last night against MTL.

I think credit is due for the adjustments this staff has made and/or the players for getting their **** together. Jamie has looked engaged even if not producing. Radulov's been a horse. Seguin I'm still worried about but he's been sick/hurt so hopefully the points will come. And it finally looks like we have a 2nd line with Guri/Hintz/Pavs. The lines have stayed consistent for a while and hopefully will continue to produce chemistry.

Fair, but it's still only 4 periods. I'm not convinced this will survive some adversity. One or two bad periods and we might see a reversion to the boring shit from the past.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Apparently the only thing that wins in the NHL is putting up a 2 man forecheck. Most teams can't break out from that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So are we a good team now? Should I start watching games live again?

If you stopped before the win streak then you might wanna stay not watching so they'll keep winning :sarcasm:but yes, I don't wanna jinx em but they look good. Like a completely different team even

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If you stopped before the win streak then you might wanna stay not watching so they'll keep winning but yes, I don't wanna jinx em but they look good. Like a completely different team even
From the highlights I saw they did look like a completely different team. Carrying the puck over the line a lot more it seems. That must’ve been the feedback Monty got from the players, hope he keeps listening.

well I think I’m going to watch tomorrow night, so sorry in advance for causing the loss. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad