2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I think Monty got the boys going after all the talk about biting someone's leg off to win a puck battle :sarcasm:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think Monty got the boys going after all the talk about biting someone's leg off to win a puck battle :sarcasm:
I think that was khudobin who said that but ya that’s when they started to play better , I think Corey Perry helps too though aswell as guryanov starting to score some goals .

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Why are you guys discussing Stars in the non Stars thread lol

As for the Sharks, damn those EK and Vlasic deals are going to hurt them in the long run, if not already

Reactions: Satan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, glad now that Nill didn't give up Rope for EK, aren't we? Too bad he couldn't have foisted Honka on them. Then again, if we had signed EK at similar deals, no Pavs, etc. Nice player, just didn't fit the finances.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Oof Spezza had a goal, an assist, and a shootout goal in Toronto's win the other day. Also heard he was somehow one of their worst players at the same time though so :laugh:

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
We tried to tell 'em that all he can do now is win faceoffs, enter the zone on the PP, and give team Dad fist bumps to rookies while he's parked on the bench.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Always felt like Fabbri was noticeable against the Stars so I'll take this

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Man, I feel for Bruce Boudreau.. he's in a really bad situation. I feel like he's a good coach that has been dealt some bad hands.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man, I feel for Bruce Boudreau.. he's in a really bad situation. I feel like he's a good coach that has been dealt some bad hands.

Don't have to feel that sorry for him . He'll find work in the NHL very fast again once the Wild let him go. He's a good coach , albeit with some playoff hiccups , and will be on a good team again somewhere soon enough.

He probably knew it wasn't going to be pretty this year before it started. It wasn't last year either.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
So glad Colorado had their breakout game on the Country bois instead of Dal. They're beating them like a drum.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Probably just keeping them out because they're up 9-4, but its worth keeping an eye on. Grubauer is day-to-day as well.

Edit: right after I typed this Cale Makar headed off the ice limping but he's probably fine

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I went to bed when it was 4:0 for the Sharks and the game ende 6:5 for them. Sharks are so bad defensively and in goal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
ugh, I remember feeling very hyped for him when we drafted him :/
sad story

I think the double hip surgery killed his chance to become a good player. After that he was never as mobile again and his flaws in his shot became more and more obvious and problematic. He's now just an ok 4th liner

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ok seriously whats with this obsession over Nic Petan ? The guy is a fringe NHL player signed for another season. If he was UFA maybe someone puts in a claim but nobody wants be to stuck with a fringe guy that probably won't work ( because he never has anywhere ) out for longer than 1 season .

By the way Hanley will also clear when Klingberg and Polak are back and he gets waived. Hanley is also signed for next season . Teams would have to be completely devastated by injuries to make a claim for guys who aren't upcoming free agents. ( UFA or RFA )

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I was interested in taking a flyer on Petan last season to try and spark some offense. Don't think he fits with a healthy lineup this season though.

He'd likely kill it over in Europe. Probably should look at that after his current deal is over.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was interested in taking a flyer on Petan last season to try and spark some offense. Don't think he fits with a healthy lineup this season though.

He'd likely kill it over in Europe. Probably should look at that after his current deal is over.

Petan is an undersized , soft , skilled winger who never produced alot . Stars play super aggressive on the forecheck . He does not fit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad