2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Ok seriously whats with this obsession over Nic Petan ? The guy is a fringe NHL player signed for another season. If he was UFA maybe someone puts in a claim but nobody wants be to stuck with a fringe guy that probably won't work ( because he never has anywhere ) out for longer than 1 season .

By the way Hanley will also clear when Klingberg and Polak are back and he gets waived. Hanley is also signed for next season . Teams would have to be completely devastated by injuries to make a claim for guys who aren't upcoming free agents. ( UFA or RFA )

I know, the guy scored tons in junior (5 years ago). Also had a good season in the AHL, but has never put it together at the NHL level and likely never will.

Reactions: serp

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Makar has 2 goals tonight so far, which means he has 17 points in 17 games this season. Crazy

Obviously a lot of that production is from the PP and MacKinnon but still that's insane.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Considering Cherry said worse stuff over the years ( and there was some really awful stuff back in the 80's and 90's you can find on youtube ) i'm honestly suprised this is what ended it . Probably just not worth keeping around anymore. Too much incoherent rambling.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I actually feel bad for people that sat there and watched him during intermission.. like how anyone found that entertaining, informative, or interesting is beyond me.

Reactions: Henderson33

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Cherry has basically been meme fodder for the last five years. Took long enough to pull the trigger.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I actually feel bad for people that sat there and watched him during intermission.. like how anyone found that entertaining, informative, or interesting is beyond me.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

In the 90s and early 2000s he was much watch TV for me on Saturday nights. Good times.

But yeah, in the last 10-12 years I never tuned into him. Brian Burke is an updated, more current model.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think there's a real chance Babcock gets fired in the next couple of days. The way the Leafs played infront of the rookie goalie was just pathetic. No heart , nothing , they just quit .

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Yeah he got benched for the entire 3rd period

Sad part is tonight was probably his best game in quite some time despite being benched

I was disappointed, I tuned in for the 3rd and was wondering wtf was up. I originally thought he might be injured, so at least it was just a benching and nothing worse.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah Makar's got 22 points now in 20 games. Crazy, and most of that is with just MacKinnon alone. Imagine if Rantanen and Landeskog were healthy

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Quite a bit of it is MacKinnon beeing just a machine. Teams need to focus on neutralizing him as much as possible or he's gonna roll you over especially right now where the Avs have injuries to their other star forwards.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Quite a bit of it is MacKinnon beeing just a machine. Teams need to focus on neutralizing him as much as possible or he's gonna roll you over especially right now where the Avs have injuries to their other star forwards.

Yeah, 14 of Makar's 22 points to be exact have come from plays that also involved MacKinnon.

Makar is very talented though so it's really not surprising at all that good things are coming offensively while he's on the ice. It also won't be surprising when he easily cracks 60+ points this season. It's basically like playing MacKinnon with a younger version of himself

But there will be plenty more games like tonight where he picks up assists without having to do anything at all thanks to MacKinnon. Makar's pass to Kadri was a beauty tho

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah, 14 of Makar's 22 points to be exact have come from plays that also involved MacKinnon.

Makar is very talented though so it's really not surprising at all that good things are coming offensively while he's on the ice. It also won't be surprising when he easily cracks 60+ points this season. It's basically like playing MacKinnon with a younger version of himself

But there will be plenty more games like tonight where he picks up assists without having to do anything at all thanks to MacKinnon. Makar's pass to Kadri was a beauty tho
I’d still take Miro over Makar .

serp

Jan 17, 2016

It actually happened . Thought Babcock would get the roadtrip. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad