Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
At the 50-60 game mark sure.

it's vital to balance veterans with young kids early to not destroy their confidence or to help them ease into those roles
I guess I was thinking more of the general future. Obviously being a 2019/2020 lineup thread, Brannstrom should be down for the first while, and Brown might be down for a bit too. Batherson should get a chance at some top PP minutes this year though. Tkachuk and Chabot are locks obviously.

This year:

White-Tkachuk
Duclair-Ryan
Chabot

Last edited:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
I guess I was thinking more of the general future. Obviously being a 2019/2020 lineup thread, Brannstrom should be down for the first while, and Brown might be down for a bit too. Batherson should get a chance at some top PP minutes this year though. Tkachuk and Chabot are locks obviously.

This year:

White-Tkachuk
Duclair-Ryan
Chabot
yes, in the short term we might be more limited. I really do like the longer term look at our PP1 and PP2, our options will give teams a real problem, AS LONG AS WE DON'T GO BACK TO STANDING AROUND WAITING FOR 1 OR 2 GUYS TO SHOOT

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Still looks like a bottom team to me,we likely will have surprises both good and bad...But that lineup is just too green and shallow to make a push for the playoffs...Which is fine as we need a monster draft next season

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hmm... so if we pencil in the guys on one way deals and mark the guys who are vulnerable due to their contracts...

Tkachuk(2-way lol)-White-Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-xxx
Ennis-xxx -Boedker

Chabot(2-way lol) -Demelo
xxx-Zaitsev
Boro/Hainsey-Jaros(2-way)

I think we have three open spots for forwards (one spot is the healthy scratch), and 1 spot on D.

Brown, Batherson, Veronneau, Balcers, Abramov, Paul, Chlapik, Norris, Formenton and Davidsson will compete up front, I think Paul is waivers eligible (correct me if I'm wrong) so he might get the automatic long look, but Brown Batherson, Formenton and Davidsson are the strongest candidates imo.

On the backend, Wolanin, Lajoie and Brannstrom will compete for one spot, Wolanin having the inside edge by a hair imo.

If I had to build what I think would be the best guess for our opening night lineup:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Duclair-Tierney-Davidsson
Formenton-Pageau-Batherson
Boedker-Smith-Ennis

Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Boro-Hainsey

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I want a line of Tkachuk/White/Batherson,they all seem to bring something different and are all slotted in the correct position....

Reactions: NB613

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I want a line of Tkachuk/White/Batherson,they all seem to bring something different and are all slotted in the correct position....

thats asking for too much, you know having our future play together to see if there is any chemistry

thats an outlandish idea and its your fault for suggesting it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
thats asking for too much, you know having our future play together to see if there is any chemistry

thats an outlandish idea and its your fault for suggesting it
Lol I know,but I so think its what we should be doing...Tkachuk is a down low beast,White is a hard working two way center,and Batherson looks like a smart puck handling RW .....Seems look a good place to start to me

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Lol I know,but I so think its what we should be doing...Tkachuk is a down low beast,White is a hard working two way center,and Batherson looks like a smart puck handling RW .....Seems look a good place to start to me

it is but logic isnt really a strong suit

like i would go even further and say our second line should be duclair(young enough to be a part moving forward)-tierney (until logan is ready)-c brown/max (whoever impresses more at camp)

like lets actually develop some chemistry

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
it is but logic isnt really a strong suit

like i would go even further and say our second line should be duclair(young enough to be a part moving forward)-tierney (until logan is ready)-c brown/max (whoever impresses more at camp)

like lets actually develop some chemistry
Agreed,I want Brown playing where he should be ,which is at center...growing pains and all ....Batherson ditto he is a offensive RW ,each needs to develop at his position...Brown and JGP can form the backbone of what should be a very good defensive 3rd line...We need our kids to develop into the roles they have been drafted for

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Agreed,I want Brown playing where he should be ,which is at center...growing pains and all ....Batherson ditto he is a offensive RW ,each needs to develop at his position...Brown and JGP can form the backbone of what should be a very good defensive 3rd line...We need our kids to develop into the roles they have been drafted for

that might be tough with some of the moves our management has made

because it will force us to play our young guns in roles they arent meant for due to the veterans who will become favorites due to hard work and im just talking recent moves instead of moves that go a while back(freaking ryan haha)

like there is a high chance 2 of ennis/boedker/smith are in our top 6 next year because f*** logic

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
that might be tough with some of the moves our management has made

because it will force us to play our young guns in roles they arent meant for due to the veterans who will become favorites due to hard work and im just talking recent moves instead of moves that go a while back(freaking ryan haha)

like there is a high chance 2 of ennis/boedker/smith are in our top 6 next year because **** logic
Yep which is sad,watching a skilled kid trying to play a checking role...Just seems so outdated,let them freaking go...There are going to be enough long nights for this team,let them score goals and have some fun

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yep which is sad,watching a skilled kid trying to play a checking role...Just seems so outdated,let them freaking go...There are going to be enough long nights for this team,let them score goals and have some fun

exactly bring back the cardiac kids. like you said we are going to lose a lot this year at least make it fun for the team and entertaining for the fans. sell the fanbase on some hope (although until chabot extends thats gonna be tough for me to buy into)

like no one gives a f*** if boedker/smith/ennis are playing top 6 minutes or even succeeding at least imo

but if we see steps from brady/white/chabot/max/duclair/drake/l brown/wolanin/bran that could bring the fan base back at least a little bit

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
exactly bring back the cardiac kids. like you said we are going to lose a lot this year at least make it fun for the team and entertaining for the fans. sell the fanbase on some hope (although until chabot extends thats gonna be tough for me to buy into)

like no one gives a **** if boedker/smith/ennis are playing top 6 minutes or even succeeding at least imo

but if we see steps from brady/white/chabot/max/duclair/drake/l brown/wolanin/bran that could bring the fan base back at least a little bit
Yep we may win games 7 to 6 or get completely blown out,but let the kids explore and learn the things that can and cant work at this level ...The time for them to preach the defensive side of the game can come later when we have more pieces that we can actually work with

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yep we may win games 7 to 6 or get completely blown out,but let the kids explore and learn the thing that can and cant work at this level ...The time for them to preach the defensive side of the game can come later when we have more pieces that we can actually work with

i mean you can preach the defensive game now and see if improvements come into place, if we see drake get beat on a chase or lose his man against the leafs he still has the potential to grow out of those mistakes

ryan/boedker/smith/ennis...not so much

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Our defence might be a bit better than last season, but that forward core is a joke. This team is only going to teach our players a culture of entitlement and complacency about losing. Expect more uber rides. I'd rather dorion go buy a bunch of vets than feed the kids to the wolves like this.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
How come Crawford said Balcers was going to be a “force to be reckoned with” next year? I can’t figure that one out. Unless crow don’t know what he’s talking about.
Hope he was right though

Reactions: Frank8

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How come Crawford said Balcers was going to be a “force to be reckoned with” next year? I can’t figure that one out. Unless crow don’t know what he’s talking about.
Hope he was right though

I keep forgetting about him.

I think he will probably make the team if we're willing to scratch guys like Boedker in spite of their salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad