Peca(1A-1)/Vejdemo(1G-1)/Belzile(-2)
Hudon(1G-1)/McCarron(1A)/Barber(1A-1)
Alain(-1)/Poehling/Lynch(-1)
Waked/Evans(-1)/Cox

Olofsson(-1)/Juulsen(-1)
Leskinen/Brook(-1)
Alzner(-1)/Sklenicka(-2)

Lindgren(26/31)
Strange that Evans is struggling after a really good pre-season. Hopefully him and the Rocket pick it up.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#16/11/19(Game18:SoundTigers0-3Rocket)

Peca/Poehling/Lynch
Belzile(1A+1)/McCarron(1G+1)/Barber(1A+2)
Alain(+1)/Vejdemo(1G+2)/Cox(1A+1)
Pezzetta/Evans(1G+1)/Jevpalovs

Olofsson(1A+2)/Juulsen(+1)
Leskinen(+1)/Lamarche(+1)
Alzner(+1)/Brook

Primeau(20/20)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
it started to look better but then today was brutal as they were facing a goalie with a near 4 gaa but could only get 1 past him. Granted they were shorthanded a lot but a full 5 on 3 that did very little is very troubling. Hudon and Vejdemo have been scoring most of the goals lately so I fear what's going to happen to this team if Hudon isn't back soon or others don't start stepping up. Barber's starting to get assists but the guy had 31 goals last year and has 1 in 12 so far this year. That's nuts. Evans just scored his first on an empty net but it was a nice shot from his own end.
You have to figure guys like Evans and Big Mac can't stay at that low of a level all season , that would just be catastrophic for both. Barber too obviously, he's way better at the AHL level than what he's been showing thus far.

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i wonder how Vejdemo Playing? Do you think he ever get the chance to play in nhl one days?

he's been one of their best players this year, him Hudon and Belzile are scoring over 40% of the teams goals although that needs to change. I think he will very likely play in the NHL within the next year or two, but I don't know if he will stick, if he can be another DLR, or better or more of a tweener/bubble guy. He has NHL skating, speed, size, defensive game and works hard. So you know Julien will be a fan for sure. That alone should get him some NHL games at some point but he'll need to produce so we'll see if he can continue to progress or not.

Strange that Evans is struggling after a really good pre-season. Hopefully him and the Rocket pick it up.

Laval has been one of the hottest teams in the AHL over the last 10 games (they have 16 out of 20 pts) but the goal scoring is a big concern going forward and some point Bouchard is going to have to turn the reins over to Primeau until he shows he can't handle it. I can understand wanting to take it slow but at some point when you are one of the top teams in your division but struggle for goals and you have 2 goalies, one giving up barely any goals and the other often giving up around 4 then you can't keep rotating for too long.

Perhaps Evans goal even though an empty netter will get him going. I am just shocked at his production.

You have to figure guys like Evans and Big Mac can't stay at that low of a level all season , that would just be catastrophic for both. Barber too obviously, he's way better at the AHL level than what he's been showing thus far.

I could certainly see it happening in McCarron, he wasn't shooting much early on but in the past few games he was shooting around 3 per game or triple what he was. Back to back games with points is hopefully something he can build off. We must get him, Barber and Evans going in order to make the playoffs.

Getting Hudon back helps a lot since him and Vejdemo have been the main goal scorers lately and I heard Weise could be back next weekend, not that he's been great or anything but during the winning stream that Hudon McCarron Weise line was often their best and had a good cycle game going.

I'd like to see them move Vejdemo to the wing and put him with Poehling as he might be able to get him going since he's been hot. Or move Poehling to his wing but I'd prefer he stay at center. Really need to get him more involved, it's troubling when he's invisible so often. Then hopefully a Belzile Evans Barber line could get going as well.

Belzile Evans Barber
Hudon McCarron Weise
Vejdemo Poehling Peca
Jevpalovs Lynch Cox/Alain

Rotate Cox and Alain and Jevpalovs and then against more physical teams the 4th line could be,

Pezzetta Lynch Waked

Reactions: Nephasted

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Barber, Varone, Weise and Peca are supposed to be killing it in the AHL. What the f*** is going on? Also what's the deal with Jake Evans? He almost won a spot on the NHL team and after a great rookie year, he has terrible stats. In addition, not that I had any hope for McCarron at this point, but why has he been so terrible too?

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs4Life

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If for some odd reasons McEneny can stay away from injuries....this could be a very good signing by the Rocket.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
25 years old LD. 6'3" and 221 lbs.

Had 31 pts (8G, 23A) in 58 GP last year.

The year before, he missed most of it to injury. He had 7 pts in 11 GP. The year before that he had 23 pts in 64 GP.

Reactions: Whitesnake

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#20/11/19(Game19:Rocket1-2Marlies/OT)

Belzile/McCarron(-1)/Barber
Peca(1G)/Poehling/Lynch
Alain/Vejdemo/Cox
Weise/Evans(-1)/Waked

Olofsson/Lamarche(-1)
Leskinen/Sklenicka(1A+1)
Alzner/Brook(-1)

Lindgren(19/21)

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
25 years old LD. 6'3" and 221 lbs.

Had 31 pts (8G, 23A) in 58 GP last year.

The year before, he missed most of it to injury. He had 7 pts in 11 GP. The year before that he had 23 pts in 64 GP.

How has Olofsson been the last few games?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bouchard with his weekly segment with 91.9 Sports FM:

He was asked about Poehling. He said to leave the kid in peace. Let the kid play.

Sure, let him play.

But, we can still discuss him between fans.

No goals, no assists in the 8 games he's played with the Rocket since his demotion.

Prior to his demotion ... no goals, no assists in the 4 games he played with the Habs.

In total, he's got a 12 game no-point streak going.

So yeah, some might want to know a little more about what may be bothering him, if anything.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Poehling's been even more concerning over his play then Brook as Brook has at least shown some serious flashes of his game while Poehling has struggled way more then I expected as he's often mostly just invisible and that's very troubling. We badly need both to figure it out though and hopefully they will. Look at Fleury last year from his first few weeks in Laval to where his game is at a year later.

I have a lot more trust in Bouchard then the any other coach we have had in the AHL since Guy Boucher. Granted I could be wrong and time will tell. The main thing that troubles me is just why is his team struggling so often to score goals. I get why last year as in the 2nd half they didn't have anyone. If you have a rookie 7th round pick in Jake Evans leading the offense, you are going to have a bad time. And clearly they did, it's no knock on Evans but you can't expect rookies to carry the load offensively but this year there's no excuse, even with the injuries/call ups, that's a part of the business but to have this many guys struggling to put the puck in the net is getting very concerning.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
There are less puck handlers and playmarkers in our firm. Not much elite finishers. Many of our players wouldn't make the NHL with their limited assets. We've been built first of all to defend and thereafter to grind. We're relying overmuch on the veterans too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sure, let him play.

But, we can still discuss him between fans.

No goals, no assists in the 8 games he's played with the Rocket since his demotion.

Prior to his demotion ... no goals, no assists in the 4 games he played with the Habs.

In total, he's got a 12 game no-point streak going.

So yeah, some might want to know a little more about what may be bothering him, if anything.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I agree. It's not that we can't discuss him and the way he's playing. I think Bouchard meant it more for the media, who have been a little more vocal lately about his disappointing start to his pro career. He's just sticking up for his player.

Poehling has had more disappointing showings than he has good ones so far this season. But I'm not worried for him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree. It's not that we can't discuss him and the way he's playing. I think Bouchard meant it more for the media, who have been a little more vocal lately about his disappointing start to his pro career. He's just sticking up for his player.

Poehling has had more disappointing showings than he has good ones so far this season. But I'm not worried for him.

Totally understood where Bouchard was headed, he really has no dominion on fan social media. Twas tongue-in-cheek.

I wouldn't worry about the player either as he has a bright long term future. I think he's just dealing with a little adversity given how he was unlucky with that concussion and how it seems to have derailed for him following that as he might have been thinking that he was going to stick with the team and be productive. I don't know his mental approach -- is he the type of guy who tends to be his own worst enemy when a setback occurs but then regains his cruising speed later? We'll have to get to know him better.

Just hoping he's jelling with Bouchard cause that's critical for him at this juncture.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#22/11/19(Game20:Comets4-6Rocket)

Weise(+1)/Poehling(1G+1)/Lynch(1A+1)
Peca(1A+1)/McCarron(1G+1A+1)/Barber(1G+2A+2)
Alain(1A+2)/Vejdemo(+1)/Cox(+1)
Jevpalovs(1A+2)/Evans(1G+1A+1)/Waked(-1)

Olofsson(1A+1)/Juulsen(+1)
Leskinen(1G+2)/Lamarche
Alzner(+1)/Brook(1G+3)

Primeau(24/28)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I said over the summer that I wanted a Primeau-McNiven duo, despite being moved around in the ECHL, McNiven has given up 6 goals in his last 5 games. DAMN. Get that guy to Laval.

McNiven is dominating the ECHL right now.

He is second among all goalies in Save Percentage (Behind only Fucale):

Statistics SV%.png

LaCouvee is 9th

And he is third among all goalies for GAA (Fucale is right behind him):

Statistics GAA.png

LaCouvee is 12th.

So both Habs/Rocket goalies in the ECHL are doing real well.

Meanwhile in Laval, we have Primeau, who is a dominant force already a month and a half into his pro career. And even though Lindgren has some tough nights, he's been playing real well lately.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad