Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The problem is that even with our depth the only winger we have that could arguably replace Drouins production is in the ncaa until March not to mention if we get even one more significant injury we will plummet hard down the standings.

This is true. I mean, people will have to be shifted around in Drouin's absence but I don't think anyone will care if some of the youngsters take advantage of this.

The key point though as you've said is we really can't afford another injury in our top-6, let alone our top-9.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is true. I mean, people will have to be shifted around in Drouin's absence but I don't think anyone will care if some of the youngsters take advantage of this.

The key point though as you've said is we really can't afford another injury in our top-6, let alone our top-9.
Good point but hoping a youngster steps up is dangerous not to mention that until Domi shows up someone also needs to replace his production from last year thats asking a lot of this roster imo

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Our two fastest skaters on a team who needs to play a speed game to win.

I'm usually an optimist but this is pretty bad. Kotkaniemi looked brutal last game imo. Suzuki is great but he's already playing big minutes and neither of those guys play a speed game the way Drouin and Byron do. Byron's been pedestrian, to be sure, but he's still been one of our fastest skaters this year.

Unless Kotkaniemi rediscovers the game he played last year and then some, we're a little stuck in no man's land imo.

Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Weal
Hudon - Thompson - Cousins

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, that explains why they sent Hudon down then brought him back up. Figured someone was going to be out longer than they were telling us.

Really hurts our winger depth for sure. Weal will get his shot now. Hudon for the umpteenth time too.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This will be pretty hard on the team. I noticed right away how much slower we were vs. NJ. (we lost our 2 best skaters upfront).

Byron has been invisible all year, and a step behind. How will he be missed? Byron is redundant on a team that already lacks size and a scoring touch... he's not a good fit here at all.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Domi and KK must step up.

Step up? KK has to be able to stand up.
upload_2019-11-18_16-39-49.jpeg

Reactions: blarneylad

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
8 weeks is a long time but is not as bad as it could be. The good thing is Suzuki has been getting better each game it seems. Now we will need KK and Domi in particular to step up.

Reactions: donghabs98 and 1909

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byron has been invisible all year, and a step behind. How will he be missed? Byron is redundant on a team that already lacks size and a scoring touch... he's not a good fit here at all.

He's still one of our fastest skater and I think has been injured since the beginning of the year (he had an undisclosed injury in camp)

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
8 weeks...so approximately 24 games.
That's a lot of time off the ice and i expect Byron to be out 8 to 12 weeks also.

Hudon might be the only happy guy in MTL right now. He wanted a chance, he got it.

But it's time to be aware of who might get on waivers in the coming weeks.

Jul 6, 2016
8 weeks...so approximately 24 games.
That's a lot of time off the ice and i expect Byron to be out 8 to 12 weeks also.

Hudon might be the only happy guy in MTL right now. He wanted a chance, he got it.

But it's time to be aware of who might get on waivers in the coming weeks.

Why not a trade ? Habs have any spare d-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad