Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsandHabsnots

Apr 22, 2017
I never like seeing players get injured and I hope they recover fully but this is a good opportunity for the team.

Drouin is such a Jekyll and Hyde player it'll be nice to see other players be given the opportunities that he too often wastes.

As for Byron, I feel we have bleed him for all we can get and need to replace him on this team. This isn't to take away from the great amount of play we got out of him as a waiver pick up but it's time to move on from him.

Going forward let's hope the increased ice time gets distributed to our high talent guys like Suzuki, Kaspiri and Poehling. I'd even be open for a trade to get someone else on this team that can help with consistent efforts night in and night out.

Go Habs Go!

Jul 6, 2016
Never thought about it this way, but yeah this sucks. Our big thing is speed and there goes a lot of it in one fell swoop.

Charles Hudon, it's your turn man. You wanted a shot to stick in the big leagues, this is the best one you're going to get.

Domi, time to get your head out of your ass and step up.

Domi MUST re-start his engine, and NOW !

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Back on topic, this team has avoided injuries for more than a calendar year now. It was bound to happen. We'll see how fragile their success was. Meanwhile, I think calling Hudon up is definitely just pointless.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
That's brutal, Drouin seemed like he'd finally break out this year. Hopefully long-term only means a month or so and he can come back healthy around New Year's

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If both Suzuki and JK are used as centers and Domi moved on the wing i might actually watch the games again. This said let's be honest here Nate Thompson gonna be our 2nd line center for the next month if Domi is moved on the wing. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Reactions: Holystik and Edgy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Quite unfortunate for Drouin/Byron , hopefully they recover quickly.

This is pretty much our only choice:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Lekhonen - KK - Weal
Cousins - Thompson - Hudon

Should be interesting to see how our young kids handle the pressure.

Does Vejdemo get a shot at a NHL game this year? If Hudon disappoints (again), I think Vejdemo deserves a chance.

Reactions: phillytennis

Jul 6, 2016
At the end of the season, we should remember this last weekend, because it could had been a turning point for the team this year.

Losing two regular forwards for long term injuries;
Losing to a bottom-feeder after having lead 3-1 at the Bell despite a solid performance by their backup goalie.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Does Vejdemo get a shot at a NHL game this year? If Hudon disappoints (again), I think Vejdemo deserves a chance.

I don't think they want to mess with Laval too much but Hudon is not seen as "part of the future" so they have no issue with playing waiver tennis with him...
That's why it was so important to send Poehling down quickly once it became clear KK was close to returning. Weal bought himself a lot of love with the goal he scored on Saturday and Cousins still fills the 4th line role well.
I suppose they might end up trying Vejdemo (or one of the Vets in Peca/Weise) if Hudon is really ineffectual but in my opinion they don't want to cannibalize Laval too often.

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Well that sucks. I wonder if Byron has had this knee problem all season? He as looked way off and hasn't had the speed he's normally had this season and has looked way slower than normal. Hopefully both aren't out for too long but this gives someone else a chance to hopefully step up and contribute more.

He was injured in preseason and never looked the same since. Just stubborn to come out of the lineup. Hopes he comes back when he's right.

Reactions: sheed36

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think they want to mess with Laval too much but Hudon is not seen as "part of the future" so they have no issue with playing waiver tennis with him...
That's why it was so important to send Poehling down quickly once it became clear KK was close to returning. Weal bought himself a lot of love with the goal he scored on Saturday and Cousins still fills the 4th line role well.
I suppose they might end up trying Vejdemo if Hudon is really ineffectual but in my opinion they don't want to cannibalize Laval too often.

So we will run with a 22 man roster? I agree on not messing with Laval but I think they will if they feel like they need a certain player. I guess they could call up Weise to sit and watch games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad