Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Good friends with a neurosurgeon, he saw the game when he took a nasty hit to the head before that. He speculates the puck cracked more than an orbital bone, probably bone fragments did a lot more damage over time. Also lots of nerve damage associated with that type of impact, like your head hitting a steering wheel at 80mph.

For him to be out this long is a huge red flag, normally he would have recovered from this long ago. I really liked Juulsen and it makes me sad to think we could have lost him, I think he could have anchored our deeper pairings for years to come.

It's very concerning to both his health as a person and as an asset for the Habs. If this continues into next season, then yeah, I lost all hope

Reactions: Habs and DXStriker

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
the Habs have said very little, the last update was that everything is going as planned whatever the **** that means.
Could it be they have conflicting opinions from different doctors, hence only time will tell if Juulsen ever laces up his skates in a professional hockey league?

The symptoms must still be there. Or they decided to shut him down for the whole season. I don't know, throwing ideas.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the flyers Nolan Patrick may have something similar to Juulsen, he's been on the ice but they don't know if he'll return this season. My guess would be that they will just have Juulsen rest for the season and hope that he makes enough progress to train in the off-season. Some have suggested that this could just be something he will have to live with, and if so then he would need to decide if it's worth it or not.

It sucks to hear and I hope it's not career ending, we certainly don't know much since the Habs don't say much at all. Injuries/illness suck but they especially suck to prospects, Lats, Chipchura, Crisp, Reway, Bozon, Addison, Pribyl, Dustin Walsh, all either had their careers end or weren't the same. Others like Scherbak, Thrower, McCarron, Tyszka, etc... lost a lot of time to injuries which certainly didn't help matters.

Now we have Teasdale, Ikonen, Fairbrother, Olofsson, Belzile all likely out for the season missing key development time with the exception of Belzile but he likely would have been one of Laval's best players again this year which certainly would have helped the team win more for sure.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What i said had nothing to do with whether those players are better or not.

It has to do with level of importance to the team.

Marchand is as important to the team as gallagher. Or Armia/drouin with Bergeron etc.

So back at ya.
You must be MB's nephew....getting the excuses ready!! lol

We'll agree to disagree.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Not sure if I'm not getting the sarcasm, but this article is phrased a bit weird. Is Drouin taking longer than he should?

La blessure de Drouin tarderait à guérir
They don't mention it in the article, but I liked Eric Belanger's view on this... on the On Jase show.
Belanger said that he saw Drouin's scar as he posted it online. Belanger has a similar injury he said.
Recovery time is long. Range of motion remained a bit limited. It would hurt when he did slap shots.

Now, the Team doctors say Drouin is good to go. Julien says that Drouin says that he not right yet. Drouin says it's still not right.
I believe it'll take him a while to get going. Hopefully it won't be a case as Sergei Samsonov, when it hurt him the rest of his career. We'll see how it goes, but he doesn't look confident himself during the interview. Day to day for now..

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
They don't mention it in the article, but I liked Eric Belanger's view on this... on the On Jase show.
Belanger said that he saw Drouin's scar as he posted it online. Belanger has a similar injury he said.
Recovery time is long. Range of motion remained a bit limited. It would hurt when he did slap shots.

Now, the Team doctors say Drouin is good to go. Julien says that Drouin says that he not right yet. Drouin says it's still not right.
I believe it'll take him a while to get going. Hopefully it won't be a case as Sergei Samsonov, when it hurt him the rest of his career. We'll see how it goes, but he doesn't look confident himself during the interview. Day to day for now..

Yikes...

Hopefully it's not as bad as you mention here, but still quite a bit concerning.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Yikes...

Hopefully it's not as bad as you mention here, but still quite a bit concerning.
He's missed the past 37 games... - Anyway, each injury is different so maybe it doesn't affect him the same way it did with Belanger, but an injury is never a good thing. We'll know once he suits up and start playing the puck.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure if I'm not getting the sarcasm, but this article is phrased a bit weird. Is Drouin taking longer than he should?

La blessure de Drouin tarderait à guérir

I find RDS.ca's titles are often way off. The only thing I read about people actually saying is Julien saying the doctor's have given him the green light, Kovalchuk saying he looks ready to me, but Julien also saying Drouin saying he doesn't yet feel comfortable. So Julien is waiting for Drouin to give himself the green light.

I remember this summer there was a headline "Going back to Laval not an option for Alzner." Then you read the article and all Alzner says is he really wants to be in the NHL. Nothing about holding out, etc... Sure enough, he's spent the whole year so far in Laval.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He wasn't putting any weight on his leg. I missed the hit, just read on Twitter that his leg was under him......But in tremendous pain and not putting weight on it....this could sound end of season already.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
****, Struble is down, looks bad. was a race to the corner to get the puck and the Maine player fell and hit the back of Struble's left knee. He couldn't get up after laying on the ice for a bit, couldn't put any weight on it once he finally got up. I would be shocked if he's back tonight if not out for longer.
**** me can we have one prospect survive the season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He wasn't putting any weight on his leg. I missed the hit, just read on Twitter that his leg was under him......But in tremendous pain and not putting weight on it....this could sound end of season already.

I'm watching the game, posted about it in the prospect thread.

**** me can we have one prospect survive the season

I wouldn't be surprised if he's out a while, those knee injuries suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad