Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Habs are in the middle of the league for man games lost.............there are a bunch of playoff teams who have lost more man games....yes, playoff teams.
At one point the Jackets were missing 10 guys to injury, we had 5 guys out.............not to mention the Jackets lost Bobo, Duchene, Panarin to free agency. There are teams with way worse luck than ours.

I haven’t looked at the data, but were these teams essentially missing 4 of their top 6 players... or were the 3-6 liners?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I haven’t looked at the data, but were these teams essentially missing 4 of their top 6 players... or were the 3-6 liners?
Teams ahead of us, have lost guys like Crosby and Bergeron...bottom line is, every team deals with injuries, we got lucky so far, Price and Weber have not been injured.
We have proven once again we do not have a team built very well ala other teams who can survive injuries. This will be his number one excuse, but in fact the reason we are not doing well, is the GM himself.
Tired of it all.............................the expiration date has passed. Still think once the franco media realize no playoffs, he will be hearing about it this year.

Reactions: Forum93

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Habs are in the middle of the league for man games lost.............there are a bunch of playoff teams who have lost more man games....yes, playoff teams.
At one point the Jackets were missing 10 guys to injury, we had 5 guys out.............not to mention the Jackets lost Bobo, Duchene, Panarin to free agency. There are teams with way worse luck than ours.
No I meant the organization as a whole. Minor league guys too. Granted I have no idea about other teams properties, but it seems like Habs properties are snake bitten

Reactions: BLONG7

McHaBFan

Mar 23, 2019
Teams ahead of us, have lost guys like Crosby and Bergeron...bottom line is, every team deals with injuries, we got lucky so far, Price and Weber have not been injured.
We have proven once again we do not have a team built very well ala other teams who can survive injuries. This will be his number one excuse, but in fact the reason we are not doing well, is the GM himself.
Tired of it all.............................the expiration date has passed. Still think once the franco media realize no playoffs, he will be hearing about it this year.

so what happens if the Bruins lose Marchand and Bergeron. Or the pens lose malkin and crosby. My bet is boston would be below us and same with the pens

gally and drouin are top 6 forwards for the habs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
so what happens if the Bruins lose Marchand and Bergeron. Or the pens lose malkin and crosby. My bet is boston would be below us and same with the pens

gally and drouin are top 6 forwards for the habs.
Sorry gonna call you out here...............did you just compare gally and drouin to those 4 guys mentioned? Check the stats, there are around a dozen teams who have lost more man games than the Habs, and a bunch of them are in the playoffs.

Injuries are not the reason we are where we are...........we are a bubble team when 100% healthy. We are a lottery team when a key guy or two get hurt. Not a well built team again, 5 years and counting. Zero results the last 5 years, and no way can we use injuries as THE excuse. Bergevin has set the bar so LOW, people are fooled everytime.

Accountability for once, would be nice to see coming out of Montreal

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I think if any team loses 3-4 top 6 forwards, they will suffer. You don't have to compare the players directly, since each team is structured differently.

This season, we have had Drouin and Gallagher out for extended periods. We also had Armia and Kotkaniemi out for long stints. And we have had Byron out, who is not a top 6, is usually a 1st line PK.

Any team that loses all that will have problems.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think if any team loses 3-4 top 6 forwards, they will suffer. You don't have to compare the players directly, since each team is structured differently.

This season, we have had Drouin and Gallagher out for extended periods. We also had Armia and Kotkaniemi out for long stints. And we have had Byron out, who is not a top 6, is usually a 1st line PK.

Compound all of these injuries with a 10.5 million dollar goaltender absolutely ******** the bed and here we are today.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Drouin injury really ****ed our season up. He was playing great. We've lost how many games by one goal now? :ha:

10 one goal game losses. Next closest is 7. Two 8 game loosing streaks right smack in the middle when guys like Byron/Drouin and Armia/Gallagher went down. Habs have flaws and issues to sort out with our roster but our fan base is going to do what they do when things don't go our way and act all frustrated and overly negative... Those fans that make fun of the Leafs are hypocrites

Emotionally violent! That's what is at play here

McHaBFan

Mar 23, 2019
Sorry gonna call you out here...............did you just compare gally and drouin to those 4 guys mentioned? Check the stats, there are around a dozen teams who have lost more man games than the Habs, and a bunch of them are in the playoffs.

What i said had nothing to do with whether those players are better or not.

It has to do with level of importance to the team.

Marchand is as important to the team as gallagher. Or Armia/drouin with Bergeron etc.

So back at ya.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what in the world is going on with Juhlsen? Have there been any updates at all? Is it career ending?

Reactions: PhysicX

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal

any team that relies on armia, kotkaniemi, and byron to be a playoff team will have problems

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what in the world is going on with Juhlsen? Have there been any updates at all? Is it career ending?

Most likely his career is over. That slapshot to the face destroyed his facial nerves and gave him considerable head trauma. He suffers from vertigo, headaches and post concussion complications. No way the insurance company will allow him to play, not anytime in the near future. I think he's done by all accounts. Its been so long since his actual injury, and to see him still struggling is a huge concern.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Most likely his career is over. That slapshot to the face destroyed his facial nerves and gave him considerable head trauma. He suffers from vertigo, headaches and post concussion complications. No way the insurance company will allow him to play, not anytime in the near future. I think he's done by all accounts. Its been so long since his actual injury, and to see him still struggling is a huge concern.

That's what i was afraid of....terrible if true.

Just wish the team would be more forthcoming with updates...instead of us folks speculating.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Very unfortunate if true. Juulsen is very good in his own end and was providing very good value for Laval in the few games he played. When he is healthy, he is much better than what people give him credit for.

I'm holding onto hope for a bit yet. Can't imagine two pucks to his face ends his career.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Very unfortunate if true. Juulsen is very good in his own end and was providing very good value for Laval in the few games he played. When he is healthy, he is much better than what people give him credit for.

I'm holding onto hope for a bit yet. Can't imagine two pucks to his face ends his career.

Good friends with a neurosurgeon, he saw the game when he took a nasty hit to the head before that. He speculates the puck cracked more than an orbital bone, probably bone fragments did a lot more damage over time. Also lots of nerve damage associated with that type of impact, like your head hitting a steering wheel at 80mph.

For him to be out this long is a huge red flag, normally he would have recovered from this long ago. I really liked Juulsen and it makes me sad to think we could have lost him, I think he could have anchored our deeper pairings for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad