Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Definitely think we can use this injury as an excuse for a "conditioning stint". Sending him to the WJC and perhaps the AHL after.

Reactions: atrud66

Jul 6, 2016
Just read that Byron hit the board heavily yesterday and is injured again....

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Any reports/updates on Mete/Byron/Drouin?

Won't even ask about KK. With Suzuki doing great at 3C this is going to become a hot mess...

Jul 6, 2016
Any reports/updates on Mete/Byron/Drouin?

Won't even ask about KK. With Suzuki doing great at 3C this is going to become a hot mess...

It's gonna be hard to take the third line center position off Suzuki's hands for sure. Unless KK is willing to play on a wing ?????

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It's gonna be hard to take the third line center position off Suzuki's hands for sure. Unless KK is willing to play on a wing ?????
Maybe Domi can play on the wing and not have a fit this time around. That would be ideal. Move Suzuki up to the second line with Domi and whomever, and then put KK on the third.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Maybe Domi can play on the wing and not have a fit this time around. That would be ideal. Move Suzuki up to the second line with Domi and whomever, and then put KK on the third.

Suzuki can play 2nd line wing.

Domi did not throw a fit. However, he plays better in the middle where he skates more and bangs less. Not only should we live with that, we should be happy that he is superior at that position.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Hopefully a big opportunity for Poehling in the top 9.

Please cj, don't go back to Lehkonen-Domi-Suzuki and then have kk between wesl and cousins!!

Poehling Domi Lehkonen
Cousins Kk Suzuki

Or

Poehling Domi Suzuki
Cousins KK Lehkonen

Or even

Cousins Domi Lehkonen
Poehling Kk Suzuki

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016

Domi did not throw a fit. However, he plays better in the middle where he skates more and bangs less. Not only should we live with that, we should be happy that he is superior at that position.
I hadn't thought of that. Domi playing center makes him more focused on skating and distributing the puck.
On the wing, he may get too much into being a grinder of a sort, or a pest, and he doesn't play the same game.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I hope we see something like:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Domi - Suzuki
Cousins - KK - Lekhonen
Barber - Thompson - Weal

I'm not holding my breath...I can say one thing Weal/Barber/Cousins really make me appreciate Byron/Drouin and now Armia.

Reactions: 26Mats

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I hope we see something like:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Domi - Suzuki
Cousins - KK - Lekhonen
Barber - Thompson - Weal

I'm not holding my breath...I can say one thing Weal/Barber/Cousins really make me appreciate Byron/Drouin and now Armia.
I'd rather Vejdemo play LW than Barber play his off wing.

Reactions: 26Mats

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

For sure. And folks need to accept that he's not going to be a Selke winner at center. But he can be a top 6 line driver at center. And that to me is more needed for us given Danault being the other top 6 C, that we should feel good about that combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad