Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Wilson, and to a lesser extent, our entire team:

7dLwRk.gif

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So... Landy's foot/ankle may or may not be getting better.

Wilson is indeed dead.

Rants is good to go, but we'll wait and see....

Calvert escaped a concussion and is going to practice this week, except he's still in concussion protocol without a concussion....

And EJ is the dreaded D2D, so likely out 2 months.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Calvert isn't concussed then why are there good days and bad days?

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I understand playing injuries close to the vest, but we're bordering on pure silliness now.

This is so ridiculous that in the NHL Player Safety video of Kerfoot's suspension, they don't say if EJ has been injured on the play or not (usually they always mention it). Even the league don't have the information.

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
This is so ridiculous that in the NHL Player Safery video of Kerfoot's suspension, they don't say if EJ has been injured on the play or not (usually they always mention it). Even the league don't have the information.

Did the league have any info on EJ’s injury at the time they made the video?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It must have been the boarding play on EJ, right? He finished the game, so it can't be too serious like a broken collarbone, right?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Wilson injury is the weirdest one to me. I believe when it first happened Bednar said it was a "tweak" during practice and he was day to day. It has been a while since then and apparently he's not close to returning.

On a side note, selfishly I hope the NHL goes to a strict NFL style injury report where teams and coaches get fined if they aren't forthcoming. They would never just do it for the sake of doing it but maybe they'll be forced to as gambling gets more and more prominent for hockey. The "teams will target injuries" comments we've heard just seem like convenient excuses. First of all, some teams already give exact injuries and timelines and have no problems. You also have the NFL, a much more physical sport, where that rarely happens unless you have an idiot like Richie Incognito or someone similar who shouldn't be in the league to begin with.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The Wilson injury is the weirdest one to me. I believe when it first happened Bednar said it was a "tweak" during practice and he was day to day. It has been a while since then and apparently he's not close to returning.

On a side note, selfishly I hope the NHL goes to a strict NFL style injury report where teams and coaches get fined if they aren't forthcoming. They would never just do it for the sake of doing it but maybe they'll be forced to as gambling gets more and more prominent for hockey. The "teams will target injuries" comments we've heard just seem like convenient excuses. First of all, some teams already give exact injuries and timelines and have no problems. You also have the NFL, a much more physical sport, where that rarely happens unless you have an idiot like Richie Incognito or someone similar who shouldn't be in the league to begin with.

Wilson likely has some kind of muscle issue, possibly a groin.

Sometimes, you can tweak a muscle like that and it simply takes forever to heal.

I had a quad issue that lasted 2 years. Every time I though it was better, I’d re-injure.

Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad